The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-08-2014, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I doubt the children cared or gave any thought to what she was wearing.

Old 12-08-2014, 10:39 PM
Heir Apparent

The kids thought she was a princess from frozen. Probably looking around for Olaf and a reindeer

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 12-08-2014, 11:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Uhm the coat is nice but it makes her look juvenile and like a schoolgirl... Too much balck indeed
I have to admit I hadn't thought about it. But now that you mention it, you are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Love both of these. Loved today's outfit , but agree it was too severe for the setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
so many of the staff were wearing black. So she fitted in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
That coat is entirely too short! Good grief.

LaRae
Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
The dresses a bit on the short side

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...8003760606.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...8004414907.jpg
https://scontent-b-mad.xx.fbcdn.net/...09513149_o.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
One of her worst choices, especially since it is her big visit in the USA. What a stupid, that is the word that kept coming to mind, dress. Black and white for children? Who cares if the entire staff or all of ny wears black, why should she? A huge miss, except her hair,
Agreed, she does not seem to have grasped the point of the exercise, that is to say, meet and greet. And for that she needs to be seen! The fact is, that she is dressing for herself instead of for the occasion. Disappearing into a sea of black and merging with the staff is certainly not the 'ideal' when meeting children.

I like the coat. But not for this engagement because for kids it's just boring. Actually, anyone wanting to catch a glimpse of her (which is why they are there) would be hard pressed to pick her out of a sea of black. The mission of the Duke and Duchess was spelt out quite clearly and it is all about being seen and being seen to be there!

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit the United States of America

As to the length of her coats and dresses, they are as they always are, too short. I do not understand why she gets a free pass when she wears things like this. They are fine when she stands in front of a mirror, very elegant, on trend, etc. but, unlike most people, she is going to be sitting, standing, moving around, raising her arms or bending over or crouching, all things that alter the line, length and style of an ensemble. Most of us would not do much of that but if we did we would not have the cameras of the world with their telescopic lenses trained on our every breath.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I have to admit I hadn't thought about it. But now that you mention it, you are right.

Agreed, she does not seem to have grasped the point of the exercise, that is to say, meet and greet. And for that she needs to be seen! The fact is, that she is dressing for herself instead of for the occasion. Disappearing into a sea of black and merging with the staff is certainly not the 'ideal' when meeting children.

I like the coat. But not for this engagement because for kids it's just boring. Actually, anyone wanting to catch a glimpse of her (which is why they are there) would be hard pressed to pick her out of a sea of black. The mission of the Duke and Duchess was spelt out quite clearly and it is all about being seen and being seen to be there!

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit the United States of America

As to the length of her coats and dresses, they are as they always are, too short. I do not understand why she gets a free pass when she wears things like this. They are fine when she stands in front of a mirror, very elegant, on trend, etc. but, unlike most people, she is going to be sitting, standing, moving around, raising her arms or bending over or crouching, all things that alter the line, length and style of an ensemble. Most of us would not do much of that but if we did we would not have the cameras of the world with their telescopic lenses trained on our every breath.
I realize that there are differing opinions regarding how long Kate's dresses and coats are, but I think the vast majority of people looking at her don't really think about it one way or another. Personally, I think she generally wears things in lengths that are flattering to her. But this mention of a "free pass" makes me laugh. Kate's a grown woman, she dresses appropriately (I mean, even considering that some find the dresses a bit short, they're hardly risqué) - is there some branch of the fashion police that's supposed to call her in and tell her to alter her hemlines just because some don't find them to be perfect at every angle?
Old 12-09-2014, 12:18 AM
Serene Highness

UGH. More black and the coat she wore tonight didn't do a thing for her. Why not a pop of crimson or green or even sapphire blue???? I don't expect her to follow in her late mother-in-law's footsteps, but this is drab and boring.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:09 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The black coat by GOAT is way too short. Kate looks like she is in mourning with all the black and a pop of color while visiting children wouldn't hurt.

Basketball outfit - I would've assumed that Kate must of roasted wearing that coat indoors though that looks was quite pretty.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:39 AM
Royal Highness

Duchess of Cambridge at Brooklen Nets basketball game

1- ImageBam
2- ImageBam
3- ImageBam
4- ImageBam
5- ImageBam
6- ImageBam
7- ImageBam
8- ImageBam
9- http://www.imagebam.com/image/81f068370739001
10- http://www.imagebam.com/image/e77f74370739071
11- http://www.imagebam.com/image/c4418c370739122
Old 12-09-2014, 03:21 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheikah deena View Post

1- ImageBam
2- ImageBam
3- ImageBam
4- ImageBam
5- ImageBam
6- ImageBam
7- ImageBam
8- ImageBam
9- ImageBam
10- ImageBam
11- ImageBam
classy, casual and sophisticated. LOVE IT!

Queen Mathilde
Old 12-09-2014, 05:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_ View Post
classy, casual and sophisticated. LOVE IT!
Jeans for the basket ball are fine, but are they really appropriate for a reception at the British Counsel General's?
Old 12-09-2014, 06:19 AM
Heir Apparent

I liked the heels and skinny pants for the basket (even though unusual) but the coat is simply hideous... It does nothing fo her... It is totally a miss for me... Hope to see a better piece today...
Old 12-09-2014, 07:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Jeans for the basket ball are fine, but are they really appropriate for a reception at the British Counsel General's?
I quite agree with you, all this black and gray is not making her look like she wants to be seen by the public, and the coat at the basketball game was ugly, doesn't any one in the family/friends/court help her with her choices of clothing for this trip? So far this is, clothing only, been dull and boring. If she is perhaps thinking that black clothes is the chic thing to do, she is way off base for her position as this is where she needs and must be seen. She is there to support her charities and should realize that many people want to see her and the media is around her all the time, so use some color and be seen.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

A perfect choice for the basket ball game imo . Thought William was the one who was a little too casual.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:52 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheikah deena View Post

1- ImageBam
2- ImageBam
3- ImageBam
4- ImageBam
5- ImageBam
6- ImageBam
7- ImageBam
8- ImageBam
9- ImageBam
10- ImageBam
11- ImageBam
love this coat!
Old 12-09-2014, 10:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
A perfect choice for the basket ball game imo . Thought William was the one who was a little too casual.
It's perfect, if a bit plaid on Will's part for what a guy wears to a Nets game. Staff, seated behind W and C went rolled up shirt sleeves too. Those arenas are often warm and court side it's chaotic with the squeaking of shoes, bodies crashing and sweat flying. It makes you wonder why people pay more to sit on the floor?
Old 12-09-2014, 10:20 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
How does one dress for a game of basketball? He looked fine and fit right in, those in suits and jackets look out of place. Been to many basketballs games, and most people are in jeans, shirts and sweater and sneakers.....
Old 12-09-2014, 10:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Loved her outfit. I thought she looked great.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:06 PM
Royal Highness

Duke & Duchess of Cambridge Visiting the Memorial of 9/11

1- ImageBam
2- ImageBam
3- ImageBam
4- ImageBam
5- ImageBam
6- ImageBam
7- ImageBam
8- ImageBam
9- ImageBam

I think she looks beautiful the outfit & the hairstyle but this bright pink coat could it be much nicer if she wore it to the children visit & the black & white coat for today event
Old 12-09-2014, 02:09 PM
Royal Highness

I LOVE that she went for a pink coat. Personally, I prefer a tailored coat but considering she's pregnant, it makes sense. I really like this choice.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
It's perfect, if a bit plaid on Will's part for what a guy wears to a Nets game. Staff, seated behind W and C went rolled up shirt sleeves too. Those arenas are often warm and court side it's chaotic with the squeaking of shoes, bodies crashing and sweat flying. It makes you wonder why people pay more to sit on the floor?
Does anyone else find William sexy with his collar unbuttoned?
Old 12-09-2014, 02:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I disliked what she wore for the NBA game.
Love today's outfit.
That bright pink is divine and she rocks it!
My only ? - why didn't she wear the pink ensemble yesterday, and the black today? Would have been more event - appropriate , IMO.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion