The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-08-2014, 03:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marlboro View Post
I am going to say something that is probably going to make people mad but I have to get this off my chest. For Catherine to go outside in NYC without a coat in 30+ degree weather while she is pregnant and in the middle of flu season just so she can show us yet another black lace dress seems to me to be insanity. Does it not occur to her that she could get sick and seriously affect the health of her baby or does she not care? Is showing off another boring black lace dress more important than the health of her baby? I do not understand her.

Mirabel, I am not just sick of black lace, I am sick of lace period!

Ok, I am sorry - my rant is now done.
I think if Catherine was going to be outside for a lengthy period, she would be careful enough to wrap up warm. Flu/colds can be caught whether it is warm or cold - in fact the warmer the environment, the more likely germs and nasties can be caught as they multiply more quickly. Fresh cold air outside is probably safer! I shouldn't imagine a cold or the flu will be caught in the two minutes between a car and a building, more likely inside the building where many people have congregated and are all coughing with nerves!

I think Catherine looked very nice in both outfits, although black tights, black boots and black lace have saturated the fashion world everywhere and will no doubt be seen and worn for a very long tim to come!

Is that a new suit and tie William is wearing?! Oh....no it isn't ;-(

Old 12-08-2014, 04:44 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacknch View Post
Is that a new suit and tie William is wearing?! Oh....no it isn't
Oh, how sad, never mind . . . at least his suit and tie will be back in fashion in 20 years or so . . .

Old 12-08-2014, 05:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

She looks well wrapped up and very nice in the arrival outfit, but I tend to agree about the black lace number - an interesting/ contrasting stole would have solved the problem.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-08-2014, 06:29 AM
Heir Apparent

I expected a new dress and a recycled one to be honest... The aubiergine coat by Seraphine is really ugly IMO and I thought she would have repeated one of her many coats... The black one suited her very much and was very beautiful... Even if it is similar to other black lace dresses she has... I find her skin terrific and her hair was glowing too...
Old 12-08-2014, 07:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Just thinking we perhaps need a new thread devoted to black lace dresses worn by royals 😄

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-08-2014, 08:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
?..

Is that a new suit and tie William is wearing?! Oh....no it isn't ;-(
Here's a quote from the DM:

"Wills made quite the fashion statement among black suits in a deep blue number."

Were they being snarky?

Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-08-2014, 09:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Wills normally wears a blue suit. The darker one he wore going to hotel is more of a fashion shock than the evening one.

Regarding the lack of coats, they are outside for about 30 seconds as the walk from the car to the door.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-08-2014, 09:27 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Better DM pictures
Seraphine Coat
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...8003478131.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...8004414907.jpg

Black lace dress
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...8003550562.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...8003760606.jpg

The outfits are ok but nothing special. As usual, hair up would have made a massive difference to the better.

Is it me or she is wearing a white bra under the black lace dress?
Old 12-08-2014, 09:27 AM
Nobility

I thought Kate's lace dress was quite pretty, As regards her getting a cold or flu from not having a coat on.....colds and flus are caused by viruses not by being in the cold or even feeling cold, those are just old wives tales.Now if she shakes hands with someone who has a cold once she enters the warmth of the building then she might indeed get one, just like we all would.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate Middleton Debuts Baby Bump and Maternity Wardrobe in New York | Marie Claire
Old 12-08-2014, 11:15 AM
Serene Highness

Groan. Black lace. Black everywhere! I don't understand.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:22 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
Groan. Black lace. Black everywhere! I don't understand.
I think its the basic little black dress with a variation that you can't go wrong with for evening wear.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-08-2014, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I really liked the coat she was wearing. I thought it was super cute. Not feeling the black lace dress though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlene View Post
I thought Kate's lace dress was quite pretty, As regards her getting a cold or flu from not having a coat on.....colds and flus are caused by viruses not by being in the cold or even feeling cold, those are just old wives tales.Now if she shakes hands with someone who has a cold once she enters the warmth of the building then she might indeed get one, just like we all would.
Thank you for saying it. Kate will not catch a cold or flu by going without a coat for a few minutes. Her biggest risk for getting sick would be shaking hands/coming into contact with someone that is sick. That's why washing your hands is so important during the cold/flu season.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:38 AM
Heir Apparent

I love the coat but, the color and the details. The black dress seemed extremely. Boring and would have been much improved with hair up. Lovely to see her dimples back with just a tiny bit more weight on, wish she kept it as she really looks so pretty, not drawn looking.
As far as outside, yes it was very cold in ny last night but going from a heated open entryway as most upscale ny hotels have, to a waiting car, maybe ten steps, doesn't really count as being outside. I remember when they auctioned off grand dame Brooke Astor's clothes, she had no overcoats as she lived this life.
Old 12-08-2014, 12:42 PM
Royal Highness

Duchess of Cambridge is met by the First Lady of New York City , outside the northside child development center in harlam

ImageBam

ImageBam

http://www.imagebam.com/image/a62500370558901

http://www.imagebam.com/image/339a63370559329

http://www.imagebam.com/image/dd497b370559609

http://www.imagebam.com/image/7f3ae2370560343

http://www.imagebam.com/image/22b2c9370560946

http://www.imagebam.com/image/df6ba6370561863

http://www.imagebam.com/image/cbc063370562481
Old 12-08-2014, 01:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheikah deena View Post
Duchess of Cambridge is met by the First Lady of New York City , outside the northside child development center in harlam

ImageBam

ImageBam

ImageBam

ImageBam

ImageBam
The coat is definitely too short.....
Old 12-08-2014, 01:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarat View Post
The coat is definitely too short.....
It's quite short indeed, but I think it's still very beautiful. And she's young, she can wear short things...

Queen Mathilde
Old 12-08-2014, 01:54 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Overall, Catherine's outfits in New York have been great so far. That shade of purple on her Seraphine coat looks lovely on her. I'm not a fan of the black lines though.

I don't think Catherine's latest coat is too short at all. It seems to be just the right length for me.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-08-2014, 02:10 PM
Aristocracy

More black...

Some complain the coatdress is too short, I complain that it's TOO DARK. She's young, she's visiting children, it's winter. Is a spot of color too much to ask for?
Old 12-08-2014, 02:17 PM
Serene Highness

No not all, how about a nice deep red coat and a scarf with a NY design of red, black and white with black gloves to match..

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion