The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know tastes vary, but folks are being really hard on the Duchess here! Her look is lovely, including the low heeled boots, tights and cream coat. The skirt is short but she has nice legs and the tights make everything a bit more modest. I think she looks great.

Quite right. If it is not the length of the dress, she will be accused of being too boring in her sense of dress. When she wears heels, she will be criticised fo rnot wearing flats, when she wears flat or low heeled boots, it is suggested that higher heeled shoes will match the dress better. The reality is, those that want to whine, will, come what may!

One thing I love about black evening wear is that its the perfect foil for setting off diamonds to sparkle. :D

And she has the bling to make it all work too.

LaRae

The black gown is one of her best looks. So very regal and stunning.

A very boring outfit, plain coat and dark tights and shoes.

I really like the coat and I like the boot. Not a fan of the pants/tights..whatever they are.

She needs something besides black.

LaRae

A very boring outfit, plain coat and dark tights and shoes.
Regular smart and elegant work wear for a pregnant royal. IMO, not every outfit has yo be exciting or make a fashion statement.

Regular smart and elegant work wear for a pregnant royal. IMO, not every outfit has to be exciting or make a fashion statement.

Agree 100%. :flowers: Being fashion-forward can get wearing after a while (there's so much more to be interested in in the end). In fact there are two European princesses who I notice have latched onto particular styles for themselves and just endlessly 'repeat-and-rinse' said style, like boiler-plate. I totally get it. ;)

The first look is odd. The proportions are off. There is a reason people wondered if she was wearing tights or trousers. That is a dress coat, its meant to be worn over a dress. The way it is hanging off of her, gives the impression she has a huge baby bump, or a dress under. Or that there should be a belt on the coat and she left it at home.

If she is going to wear skinny jeans, she needs a more fitted coat. This makes her look more pregnant then she is. As we see in the second look, she doesn't have a bump yet. Coat better suited to dress or when she is further pregnant.

I do like the coat though, just not here. Though I don't like the odd white buckles or whatever on the sleeves and back. Seems odd. Like the collar.

The second look is much better. Once again, I love her simpler casual looks. :flowers:

I actually love the puffy jacket. It works on her as not over sized. Red is great.

The sneakers fit the great casual look and the event.

Again, her casual looks she looks her age, and appropriate. :flowers:

If she doesn’t mind looking pregnant why should anyone else

She is pregnant, so all yeah for looking pregnant. Wearing a coat that is so oversized, when paired with skinny jeans, that she looks several months more pregnant then she is, is a different matter. Nothing professional about it.

If it was a matter of clothes not fitting, her growing, would be different. But it clearly isn't. She is wearing skinny jeans, and a fitted jacket later on.

The first look is odd. The proportions are off. There is a reason people wondered if she was wearing tights or trousers. That is a dress coat, its meant to be worn over a dress. The way it is hanging off of her, gives the impression she has a huge baby bump, or a dress under. Or that there should be a belt on the coat and she left it at home.

If she is going to wear skinny jeans, she needs a more fitted coat. This makes her look more pregnant then she is. As we see in the second look, she doesn't have a bump yet. Coat better suited to dress or when she is further pregnant.

I do like the coat though, just not here. Though I don't like the odd white buckles or whatever on the sleeves and back. Seems odd. Like the collar.

The second look is much better. Once again, I love her simpler casual looks. :flowers:

I actually love the puffy jacket. It works on her as not over sized. Red is great.

The sneakers fit the great casual look and the event.

Again, her casual looks she looks her age, and appropriate. :flowers:

Actually, viewed from the side she definitely looks pregnant.:flowers:

I really don’t think we shouldn’t be criticizing any pregnant woman on how she looks.

I really don’t think we shouldn’t be criticizing any pregnant woman on how she looks.
Pardon? This is a fashion thread, a maternity fashion thread to be precise. Of course we are going to talk about the fit, fashion and fails. That's what we're here for.

Last edited:
Mmmm interesting whatever floats your boat.
I’m happy to see her able to be up and about after how sick she’s been. If she feels more comfortable in big tops or boots etc etc good on her for being able to get dressed and out the door

Pardon? This is a fashion thread, a maternity fashion thread to be precise. Of course we are going to talk about the fit, fashion and fails. That's what we're here for.
Love the outrage! ☺

Given the type of engagements she was involved in on that day, I think it was a clever choice.

I am not a fan of royals overusing black. I've said this here and on other threads.

But I liked both these looks, maternity or not. I think the styling on the dress coat saves it from obscurity, Ditto the red puffer. And I thought both appropriate for the venues.

And despite the black, I thought she looked cute as heck in both. The smiley, energetic Kate we all love.

GORGEOUS! Love the shoes (again)!!!!

LaRae

Stunning! Thank God she wore nothing black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom