The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI anyone who likes (or doesn't like) because the dress is lace.....it isn't lace. Its piping. Its a solid fabric with the flowers done in piping on it. I am happy for it, would rather not another lace dress from her. :flowers:

I love this look. Such a nice change from her usual lace dresses or coat dresses. ?

The color is lovely. And I love the empire waste with the black band. Great maternity style for her.

I hope she continues to keep her hair this length or even a bit shorter. The length suits her so much better at this age.

FYI anyone who likes (or doesn't like) because the dress is lace.....it isn't lace. Its piping. Its a solid fabric with the flowers done in piping on it. I am happy for it, would rather not another lace dress from her. :flowers:

I love this look. Such a nice change from her usual lace dresses or coat dresses. ?

The color is lovely. And I love the empire waste with the black band. Great maternity style for her.

I hope she continues to keep her hair this length or even a bit shorter. The length suits her so much better at this age.

I had no idea it's called piping. My wedding dress was similar to that. I kept on telling people it wasn't lace, but had no idea what it is called. Thanks Countessmeout!

I agree on the hair - I am the same age as Catherine and I too have now come to the realisation that my hair needs to be the same length as Catherine's.

Adorable dress with nice scoop back to it. Great to see a chunkier heel. Don't like the hair parted in the middle though. Any minuscule amount of weight she may have gained is all for the best. She must be better now I can't imagine dancing with a bear if you are feeling dizzy or nauseous

Adorable dress with nice scoop back to it. Great to see a chunkier heel. Don't like the hair parted in the middle though. Any minuscule amount of weight she may have gained is all for the best. She must be better now I can't imagine dancing with a bear if you are feeling dizzy or nauseous

Her pregnancies have always shown in her face first. Must be the hormones.
I agree with you about her hair, I prefer it parted on the side. Some say it looks like it got cut again--it just looks curlier to me.

The is a lovely little pink dress. I like the black accents.

I really like the pink dress- especially the black accents and the scooped back.

Her hair looks a little shorter to me, similar to how it was in the summer, I think.

Lovely look! She seems to be feeling well again and that's good news:flowers:

Is it piping or appliqués?

WHATKATE WORE describes it as appliques.

They also say it is at least four years old and I read somewhere that it was purchased during her first pregnancy (but I don't recall her wearing it before).

Last edited:
WHATKATE WORE describes it as appliques.

They also say it is at least four years old and I read somewhere that it was purchased during her first pregnancy (but I don't recall her wearing it before).

I don't think she has worn it before...just something she bought before but didn't get around to wearing.

LaRae

I think she looks nice but more importantly, she looks comfortable.

:previous: I agree. For those of us who have had more than one child, there is nothing like the morning you wake up and realize that your body has a mind of its own. No amount of planning will keep your body from deciding to expand overnight.

If Kate's comfortable and has chosen an appropriate outfit that fits the occasion and more importantly still fits her changing shape, then that is all that matters IMHO.

Love the jacket and the hair! The pants are nothing to talk about, nor the boot..but she looks appropriate and comfortable.

LaRae

I also love the jacket and hair! But the pants and boots look awful. As long as she feels comfortable who am I to say?! :)

Both Princes had no ties on so it must have been a casual ceremony,lovely jacket and hairstyle on the duchess,agree about the ugly shoes.

The jacket is a beautiful colour and cut which really suits Catherine and the skinny jeans are, as always, a bit of a letdown . . . they don't have to be that fitting, the boots are also quite flattering and a good height.

Overall Catherine looked really good and on point right up until she stood up . . . . oh well, she looked happy and they must be comfortable . . . :sad:

A nice pair of dress slacks would of been nice...or even loose fitting cotton docker type pants.

LaRae

A nice pair of dress slacks would of been nice...or even loose fitting cotton docker type pants.

LaRae

Dress slacks would look weird with the boots though. Idk maybe considering the event dress slacks weren't quite the right fit.

I'd hope a different type of footwear if she wore dress slacks.

LaRae

Really cute jacket on her, fits well and the color is perfect for her. Pants, skinny things are just that, skinny and not flattering at all. Boots, not my style yet she looks good in them....in all a nice outfit for today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom