The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HRH looked pretty good today.

Elegant, sleek and appropriate...very Jackie Kennedy. Perfect length, everything is well porportioned. Color looks great on her....the hair is outstanding! Like the hat too!

LaRae

I think Catherine looks great, but I find it a little odd that she didn't have a trace of green on her outfit (apart from the shamrock that she was given). I was hoping she would repeat her green coat she wore in 2013.

TBH at this stage in her pregnancy I'm not sure if it would have fit very well. The hem would have likely ridden up in the front.

I think Catherine looks great, but I find it a little odd that she didn't have a trace of green on her outfit (apart from the shamrock that she was given). I was hoping she would repeat her green coat she wore in 2013.

That coat was on its limits and she was only 6 months pregnant. She is approx 8 months now so frankly, no chance at all!

Much easier to have these new coats either taken in OR mothballed for another pregnancy.

The Duchess looks very elegant today for the presentation of shamrocks, I particularly like her hairstyle and the pleated coat
Daily Mail pics

I love the look. So elegant, timeless, and beautiful. There are no faults to me. She looks very regal.

We are getting complaints about new coats about a women who got complaints for re-using too much. I can't

We are getting complaints about new coats about a women who got complaints for re-using too much. I can't

I'm not complaining since I said that I thought Catherine looked great, I was just stating that I found it a little odd that she didn't wear any green, which is my personal opinion.

Thanks. I like it, but I like this year much better. I like that she didn't go all green. BTW, if the Duchess repeated outfits she just wore, I'd be bored!

Last edited:
She looked wonderful! Please more Catherine Walker!! Is that the first time we have a low chignon that I have been hoping for?? Very pretty neckline and the two front pleats are just such a perfect idea for maternity coat. Just lovely, she looked great. Would have liked a different color earring, green.

The Duchess was very elegant looking today and her hat really suited her, another polished look for Catherine on St Patrick's Day.

I agree. :flowers: The truth is, simple (and uncluttered) is best. Makes the camera happy.

BTW I was chatting to me hubby about the concerns over yet another coat (he leaned in as he was passing by, asking me what was engrossing me today). His view is that with the erratic weather to come with Climate Change, Catherine will need all those coats over the years because Britain will be seeing colder and longer winters. :D Thank you, dear heart, you may now move along. ;)

The truth is that British women can never have TOO many coats or cardigans.. the changeable nature of our weather [sometimes 3 seasons in a single day] makes it so...

Interesting... Thank you Marika! I like a lot the looks of today, especially because Kate gave up her usual heavy and unflattering make-up! She looks much better without too much kajal! I love the dress!

She looks fantastic and the polka dots are fun for an engagement with children.

Interesting... Thank you Marika! I like a lot the looks of today, especially because Kate gave up her usual heavy and unflattering make-up! She looks much better without too much kajal! I love the dress!

I don't see a significant difference in the kohl liner. I think it's more to do with her fuller face and more rosy complexion

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

It's a nice look, simple yet comfy. I really liked her hair style today, it was soft loose curls which is nice.

I don't see a significant difference in the kohl liner. I think it's more to do with her fuller face and more rosy complexion

You might be right but I see a less harsh make-up:flowers:

Very nice look for today's engage,met. Catherine looks comfortable, and I love the minimalist approach. It's best when interacting with children.

I also love this look! One simply cannot go wrong with black and white... usually. :)

Everything suited Kate perfectly, however I am a bit disappointed about the colour of the coat. Green or blue would have looked better on such an event.
Everything suited Kate perfectly, however I am a bit disappointed about the colour of the coat. Green or blue would have looked better on such an event.
I initially thought that but the shamrock looked fabulous on her coat, which more than covered the "green" requirement.

This ensemble really ticked all the right boxes:

Terrific updo = Check.

Perfect hat for said updo = Check.

Elegant Coat = Check.

Brooch = Check.

Catherine really pulled out all the stops here. Her updo was the perfect base for her beautiful chocolate brown hat. I think the felt bow on the side just lifted the whole "look".

I love the cut and style of her coat, with it's beautiful loose cut and elegant collar, it looked wonderful with her hat. Her coat actually surprised me in that it was black, which is hard to segue with chocolate brown, but she did it. Best of all was the length, elegant and actually emphasising her long legs and finishing with brown suede shoes to amazing height.

But the pièce de résistance was the beautiful shamrock brooch which, with the addition of the real green shamrock, looked absolutely perfect.

I love the look. So elegant, timeless, and beautiful. There are no faults to me. She looks very regal.
And in this I would have to agree.

Love the black/white polka dots...just a bit short but otherwise love the shape/style of it. She looks very good/relaxed today.

LaRae

Gosh, she's lovely. Her ankles are tres magnifique! My own ankles, displayed in high heels, were swell- not swollen-until two weeks before my due date!

The Duchess today visiting the Brookhill Children's Centre in London's Woolwich.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5

Kate Middleton's £35 ASOS dress sells out in minutes

About the coat: Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail The Duchess of Cambridge's black coat today was made by her private dressmaker. She has had it for a while. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAYCdlQWMAE-rSP.jpg:large
Oh dear, back to the great hair fiddling, high street sell-out dress and a black coat that is just using her as a coat hanger because it is certainly doesn't appear large enough to go round her.

Gosh, she's lovely. Her ankles are tres magnifique! My own ankles, displayed in high heels, were swell- not swollen-until two weeks before my due date!
It's comforting to know I'm not the only one looking at her ankles for signs of water retention/discomfort. She is amazing and in amazing shape.
I mean that she is giving that child the very best start in terms of health and birth weight rather than that she remains a very attractive "clothes hanger."

Oh dear, back to the great hair fiddling, high street sell-out dress and a black coat that is just using her as a coat hanger because it is certainly doesn't appear large enough to go round her.

> What is wrong with the high street sell-out dress?
> It was a bright spring day, not particularly cold. What is wrong with wearing a coat that was not (or could not) be buttoned up? She was never going to spend much time outdoors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom