The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-10-2014, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Nope, the Sandhurt hat wasn't a rental. She wore it again in 2012 for Remembrance Day.

Prince William & Duchess Kate: Remembrance Sunday Ceremony | Kate Middleton, Prince William, Queen Elizabeth, Sophie Countess of Wessex Photos | Just Jared

It's one of my favorite hats, so I hope we see her wear it more often.

Old 11-10-2014, 11:52 PM
Majesty

Well spotted! I hope we see it in 2015 because it is a very becoming hat and works well for this particular event.

Old 11-11-2014, 12:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Nope, the Sandhurt hat wasn't a rental. She wore it again in 2012 for Remembrance Day.

Prince William & Duchess Kate: Remembrance Sunday Ceremony | Kate Middleton, Prince William, Queen Elizabeth, Sophie Countess of Wessex Photos | Just Jared

It's one of my favorite hats, so I hope we see her wear it more often.
Wow! I have to say that did look amazing! Looked great when she wore it with the red coat too!
Old 11-11-2014, 04:29 PM
Heir Apparent

I totally agree that this hat looks great! Much smarter than those odd little things she usually wears.
Old 11-12-2014, 09:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 26 secs26 seconds ago

The Duchess of Cambridge is wearing a plum dress by Goat, with opaque black tights and knee high elasticacted back boots today.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:51 AM
Majesty

I thought the dress was old or already seen... I don't like she is dressed all dark but at least she is wearing a dress
Old 11-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I thought the dress was old or already seen... I don't like she is dressed all dark but at least she is wearing a dress
I don't recognize it, but Kate has worn a different dress by them.

This is the one she wore today: Iris Vreeland dress

She wore their Redgrave Coat (Cream Redgrave coat) while pregnant with George and in July (and possible May) of this year, she wore a pink dress by them: Kate in Goat Fashion for MPACT School Visit, and All the Details on the Tory Burch Dress the Duchess Wore Yesterday » What Kate Wore
Old 11-12-2014, 12:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looks very comfortable in this dress and although it isn't going to receive any plaudits for fashion, it is very practical for this type of engagement.( Wish she'd worn a brooch or interesting necklace)
Old 11-12-2014, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

The dress is okay, it's a bit boring. I do agree that it looks comfortable, which I imagine is all that matters for Kate right now.

Yep, the Sandhurst hat is one of her best ones. I'm one of the few that likes her smaller hats, but she does look great in the bigger hats too, and I wouldn't mind seeing her wear them more often.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:31 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

This is the outfit;
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...Cambridge_.jpg

It's plain and boring, but safe and comfortable. Catherine's go to style.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:49 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...Cambridge_.jpg
full view with flat boots
Old 11-12-2014, 02:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
It an elegant and classic coat. I love the color. She looks great.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love Goat's clothes though this dress is one of the most plain boring they have (the other one she wore was so much better). In any case, I think she looks good and confortable. I just don't like the boots.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate seldom wears scarves; a scarf would add so much to this dress, which is very plain but a nice color.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

I like the colour but the over all effect depresses me - I have developed a dislike for these types of outfits worn with thick tights and boots on her as they look flimsy and in some pictures I have seen rather cheap (even though it will have costs a fortune!). I prefer Catherine in her upscale, formal outfits with hats or a nice tea-dress style that she can wear with a bit of a whirl.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:17 PM
Majesty

I really love this look. It's comfortable, but elegant. Yes, it's a little on the plain side, but that's not an issue. Catherine prefers to go with a 'less is more' approach, which I happen to like (and practice when choosing my own outfits).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:42 PM
Aristocracy

She reminds me of one of those cut out dolls you had as a child, where the hair was always the same, the smile and make up already set. You had a few outfits that you could interchange with when you had money to buy a new look.
Having said that the colour and style of the dress is nice, it is something I would wear, not with the tights and boots.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 11-12-2014, 09:29 PM
Heir Apparent

She doesn't look pregnant to me! Her hair looks super shiny and nicely layered and this is probably the first time I don't mind it covering the dress. The dress is so plain, but must be warm in wool and comfy with belt you can let out. She looks well in plum and the earrings help dress the whole thing up.Love the flat boots and think this dress was perfect for the event. Slightly dressy but utilitarian
Old 11-13-2014, 04:20 AM
Heir Apparent

I just don't like the flat boots... they don't look elegante at all... of course they are confortable, but with a bit of a high heel she was also confortable and elegant at the same time...
Old 11-13-2014, 10:00 AM
Serene Highness

I'm all for recycling, but I can't help but think: "This girl is an HRH. How about a new maternity outfit?" A pop of color would've been a great touch like a bright scarf, something.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion