The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-21-2014, 10:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
She looked great in the coat dress, love the way the skirt is cut on the bias and great plaid. A nice Bordeaux thread running through the plaid would have been better, with a belt, small one, in the deep red with matching accessories.
I can't imagine taking the carriage ride if I was feeling the least bit nauseous.

The evening gown was terrific, great fit, wrap showing off her slightly busty look, cute mini underneath. Don't mind all the curls but would have liked it arranged so we had clear view of the jewelry. Great color for her.
I do like deep red accents with gray, but I thought the look this morning was perfect.

As for the dress - I don't care for large slits/mullet dress,etc, but I thought the cut and color of it superb. I agree about the hair and jewelry.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:24 PM
Majesty

I think she looked superb morning and evening, even though I am not a fan of the hat she wore.

Her evening look was stunning. Only a tall, slender woman with amazing legs could have carried it off...and Kate certainly did!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 10-21-2014, 11:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
The Duchess this morning

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Hairstyle/Back view

Duchess Catherine is wearing a checked grey Alexander McQueen coatdress and a Jane Taylor hat.
The hair has been done in a very interesting manner. I like it. I also like the dress suit (but not the hat!
Old 10-21-2014, 11:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Well, I'm glad she seems to be done with the short skirts. I guess there are some that would like her to wear a leather miniskirt in hot pink with a lime green tube top.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Ala Stephanie of Monaco....thank goodness we won't ever have worry about seeing Kate in that sort of get up.
Indeed, Catherine looked very much on trend and really, it was hard to fault. However, much as I loved the hat and the way she placed it, and as much as I admired the plaid style coatdress, it leached every bit of colour from her face (blusher notwithstanding). While not a fan of a ponytail with a hat, it gave us a good view of the immaculate tailoring of her coatdress and the distinctiveness of her hat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Love it as a Baby blue sheath... Hate it with mini skirt revealed... Looks seriously tarty, and 'footballers wife' imo.. Would have been lovely simply split to the knee !
Sorry KittyAtlanta and Pranter, she just moved it to the evening and looked stunning in a powder blue evening dress.

The bodice sculpted her figure and skimmed elegantly over the bustline and hips, the almost sweetheart neckline allowing enough space to showcase one of her beautiful necklaces. Alas, Catherine's hair obscured her silver looking necklace and then . . . . . OMG!!! . . . . she moved and it went from this:

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/K...uj8uBQXc_l.jpg

to this:

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/K...i4XDVgmP2l.jpg

Gone was the elegant column dress and in it's place? A mini skirt with a WAGish mullet!
Old 10-22-2014, 01:26 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I really dislike this dress on all levels. The slit is too high, the understate looks like the designer ran out of fabric for a proper lining. The color is too pale which washes Catherine out. Moreover, the dress is too plain with too much going on, the gathering on the side, the slit, underskirt. Catherine's curls where done nicely but the top part was too flat. I also don't get why she would wear a necklace when your hair will cover it. Her pumps where lovely but with the tie on the sides, I didnt think they worked nicely with this dress nor did the color.

Personally I think the dress should've been with a lower slit (up to the knees), no underskirt and a brooch at the waist where the gatherings pull together. Hair in a ponytail with ends curled to show off the necklace and neckline. As for the pumps, something with a slight sparkle would do.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:33 AM
Majesty

although the shoes are to die for, the dress is too bland for my taste. i was never a big fan of wrap dresses in any case, but this doesn't do jenny packham any justice - it's bland and boring. her morning look though was beautiful. in any case, it's nice to see kate out and about.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-22-2014, 02:52 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I am torn about the dress, I like the wrap style and the colour but the execution is poor. When the mini skirt fully shows, its really unflattering.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...Cambridge_.jpg

When Kate stands still (in poor posture), the dress looks too bland, almost like a bathrobe

And why wearing pretty jewellery when it is being completely covered by a wall of hair hanging down?
Old 10-22-2014, 04:43 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I am torn about the dress, I like the wrap style and the colour but the execution is poor. When the mini skirt fully shows, its really unflattering.
I agree that the wrap style is a nice idea. The designer had so many options to similar styles from her ready to wear line which Catherine could've easily looked great in.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate Middleton's best ever evening dresses
Old 10-22-2014, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I really dislike this dress on all levels. The slit is too high, the understate looks like the designer ran out of fabric for a proper lining.

Personally I think the dress should've been with a lower slit (up to the knees), no underskirt and a brooch at the waist where the gatherings pull together. Hair in a ponytail with ends curled to show off the necklace and neckline. As for the pumps, something with a slight sparkle would do.
I agree that all your suggestions would have been much better.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:44 AM
Royal Highness

I'm surprised at the love this dress is getting. I would've thought most of you would have died at the sight of bare legs.
Personally, I like the legs on display as it adds more sex appeal but the dress just looks kinda cheap. The material, the cross-over bodice and the ruching is not very well done. And the cut out at the legs is not well done either as in some shots it looks like a mullet dress and that is never a good choice. I might have liked the dress better had it been a dark color and I HATE the shoes.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:03 AM
Commoner

(...) Love the evening dress

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 10-22-2014, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent

exactly, the dress looks stunning on her because of ther body, she has a wonderful slim body!!!
Old 10-22-2014, 12:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Morning outfit: I like it very much. The coat-dress is to die for and it looked very nice on her. I quite like the ponytail but not the hat, both the shape and the colour (too matchy matchy with the coat). Though I like the combination she made with the coat and the black accessories, I like very much the sugestion of Bordeaux some one made some posts above. (perhaps she'll wear the next time she wears this coat!)

Evening outfit: Not liking it at all. I like the colour and the dress when it's "closed" (as in this pic), but then when it's "open", it's just No. I don't like the choice of accesories: a cream clutch + pale pink shoes with a pale blue dress? Not working. And then there is that hair, looking like a curtain again, completely hiding a beautiful necklace. I only realised she was wearing a necklace when I read some posters here talking about it, because when I saw the pictures I didn't notice it... It was covered by those curls.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:19 PM
Heir Apparent

She's like Diana was....a long body that is a great type for displaying clothes.

LaRae
Old 10-22-2014, 12:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I a torn as well with regard to the evening gown I like and then I don't so I am to agree to disagree with myself I think the shoes are nice and then the hair!!!!
Old 10-22-2014, 01:02 PM
Serene Highness

I was very impressed with both of her outfits. My only nitpicks go towards the evening dress. I would have liked her hair up (as to properly see the necklace) and I would have liked the shoes to be a darker color.

Otherwise, I just love both outfits!
Old 10-22-2014, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Having seen the evening dress again in its open state, I prefer it closed or at least if there was just a sort of side split to it like the white column dress she has worn before. Nonetheless, it's quite a brave outfit to wear and kudos to the Duchess!
Old 10-22-2014, 02:08 PM
Nobility

I don't usually comment on the fashion threads because, in all honesty, it's all fluff and nonsense.

I'll make an exception today. Kate gets a lot of bashing for dressing conservatively or well above her actual age. This dress, however, is something I or my friends would wear and we're round about the same age as Kate. It has that little bit of daring to it that makes it much more interesting and youthful.

Bravo to her for giving it a whirl, particularly on a day when she returns to the spotlight.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:25 PM
Royal Highness

I very much like this dress , this cut dress style & possible with the skirts too has been a very fashion before several years not before too long & now it's back , I love it , it mix between the current fashion & the classic elegance & mix between elegant long gown with a bare legs
It's a very fashionable dress cut
And suits her very much IMO

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion