The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks younger in these recent pix. I liked the blue with pink pockets, I could imagine a first grade teacher wearing it. I hate the color brown but I really like the brown shirt dress, it's stylish and makes her look young aND fresh. You can barely see a belly. I don't like brown with black though but I can't say nude stockings would look better, and I'm sure the thick black ones were warmer. As a woman on her second pregnancy I'm sure she knows what she is comfortable in. It seems Kate wears clothes tailored to the event and are appropriate, not meant to dazzle anyone.

I agree. Especially with the last part. Everyone is complaining she's boring, she didn't add a statement piece, her clothes look the same yadda yadda. I think that is EXACTLY the point. She is playing it safe. Not from "fear" but to take the edge of her clothing.

It seems Kate wears clothes tailored to the event and are appropriate, not meant to dazzle anyone.

Exactly my impression, too. :flowers: She's developing a kind of 'working wardrobe', not a 'clothes horse' wardrobe.

Maybe 'boring' is just the 'note' she is looking to achieve, fitting in with those around her.

(Not that I ever wear anything boring! :D )

I agree. Especially with the last part. Everyone is complaining she's boring, she didn't add a statement piece, her clothes look the same yadda yadda. I think that is EXACTLY the point. She is playing it safe. Not from "fear" but to take the edge off her clothing.

hernameispekka, I saw your post after I posted my post. We think alike. Exactly so! :flowers:

Last edited:
Can someone post a pic where the bust looks anywhere close to "too tight"? For the life of me, I don't see it.

Last edited:
She looks beautiful today! That coat looks so cozy! Excited for an ID of the dress.

The dress is by the same company as the coat. :)

The coat is a lovely colour and I'm glad she's wearing maternity wear now.

No discussion, this Baby blue one is 1000 times better than the 2 previous ones. But I think, she NEEDS this "look, only 49 GBP, I can be cost efficient as well" dresses here and there to prove, that she is not "over the top".
And we had this again last time.
But she has proven, that she can do better as well.....
BYe Bine

I thought the Duchess looked very elegant today. The coat and dress were both very suitable for the event.

That said, I do think it odd that Catherine just does not seem to be reusing her clothes for public engagements. I think this is completely unwarranted, and just does not send out the right message.

I thought the Duchess looked very elegant today. The coat and dress were both very suitable for the event.

That said, I do think it odd that Catherine just does not seem to be reusing her clothes for public engagements. I think this is completely unwarranted, and just does not send out the right message.
She usually reuses (and the brown dress was a reuse, just that it had been under coats earlier). This pregnancy she has done it less but that might be because of the way her body is changing.

She usually reuses (and the brown dress was a reuse, just that it had been under coats earlier). This pregnancy she has done it less but that might be because of the way her body is changing.

Surely some of the coats from the trip to NY could be reused. What about the blue Matthew Williamson coat (in a colour similar to the one worn today) that she wore to a game in Wales before Christmas?

Surely some of the coats from the trip to NY could be reused. What about the blue Matthew Williamson coat (in a colour similar to the one worn today) that she wore to a game in Wales before Christmas?
I agree some could have been. And also agree that she has been reusing less but all I said was that she has reused. That blue Matthew Williamson I would really doubt fit around her by now.

I think she should wear whatever she feels comfortable in. Whether that is a reuse or a new outfit.
I don't buy into 'sending the wrong message'. She's a multi-millionaire royal duchess. Everyone knows Kate is wealthy, so just wear what she likes is my opinion.
The opinion of reporters on Twitter is Kate recycles too much so she can't win

If no one spends any money than the economy would collapse. People need to buy the goods that companies produced. It's a £200 coat which is quite reasonable and people will go and buy it which helps the British economy. It's Duchy of Cornwall money that's paying for it anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
She looks great today. I will say, though that my first thought about the print of the dress was that it looked like an Angela Kelly choice for the Queen. So - not my first choice if Kate were letiing me pick (which, she is not :lol:).

Love the color of the coat...the style is just so/so. The dress is the best part of the ensemble.

LaRae

A vast improvement over the last couple of outfits! :flowers:

I thinks she looks lovely; gorgeous coat.

I love the colour of the coat it is much nicer than the previous outings well fitting better IMO

She has reused and wore the same outfits multiple time. I don't get this complaints

I like the colour of the coat today and particularly like the look of the dress underneath. I am very happy for Catherine to wear previously worn or brand new outfits, just like we all do!

I like her coat very much but am not a fan of the dress... Anyway, she was particularly beautiful today!

I think she should wear whatever she feels comfortable in. Whether that is a reuse or a new outfit.
I don't buy into 'sending the wrong message'. She's a multi-millionaire royal duchess. Everyone knows Kate is wealthy, so just wear what she likes is my opinion.
The opinion of reporters on Twitter is Kate recycles too much so she can't win

Catherine isn't that wealthy, she's certainly not a multimillionaire. Her husband and father-in-law are. Her family also have money.

If no one spends any money than the economy would collapse. People need to buy the goods that companies produced. It's a £200 coat which is quite reasonable and people will go and buy it which helps the British economy. It's Duchy of Cornwall money that's paying for it anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

A £200 coat is not reasonable for the average pregnant woman surely?! I'm not saying Catherine should portray the average woman but you can't call spending that amount of money on one item reasonable. It's reasonable if your bank balance is 6 figures long. Catherine can spend in in-laws money all she likes and I'm glad she recycles especially when it comes to maternity clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom