The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-18-2013, 11:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Originally posted by Osipi:
For all we know, to be really comfortable, she could be wearing a pair of Will's briefs. I know I wore my hubby's during that last month. damn comfortable!!
Y'know.. the sturdy tighty whiteys kinda thing?

Aussie!! You wore Osipi's husband's briefs??
YEP! But I asked Osipi permission first.

Um...were you needing them back Osipi?

Old 07-02-2013, 08:15 PM
Courtier

a nice look back at Kate's maternity wardrobe

Duchess Kate: Kate Loves: Kate's Pregnancy

Old 07-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Nobility

I really like her Tara Jarmon coat, Goat coat and that Emilia Wickstead blue dress. Actually, she wears some pretty gorgeous maternity clothes.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by christythedreamer View Post
I really like her Tara Jarmon coat, Goat coat and that Emilia Wickstead blue dress. Actually, she wears some pretty gorgeous maternity clothes.
I have to agree. When you look at all the looks, it was a coherent, pretty approach to dressing. She chose to show off her legs a bit more - which tells me that she understands her good features.

She eschewed both tent dressing and wrapping the bump in tight stretch fabric - finding a happy medium in which she never looked silly or contrived. She obviously considered both cost and her own comfort.

While I don't always love what she wore - I do admire someone of her age who has a reasoned plan for dressing to short term needs. I thought the effort exceedingly well done!
Old 07-03-2013, 02:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I lovethe Hobbs coat I think the rest was pretty average IMO..
Old 07-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Courtier

I liked what she wore it was smart and not all cutesy. We haven't really seen that much of her off duty and pregnant. Kate even now near the end doesn't look all that big so she is lucky there. I love the black and white coat I thought it was very eye catching. I wasn't so keen on the short spotted dress it was just a little too short! But she does have great legs so why not show them. I like that she didn't wear tents or go the other way and show too much like some pregnant celebs who continued to dress as if they weren't pregnant and looked awful. A lot of work went into that site but it was worth it, it is a lovely look back at the past almost 9 months.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:09 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post

I have to agree. When you look at all the looks, it was a coherent, pretty approach to dressing. She chose to show off her legs a bit more - which tells me that she understands her good features.

She eschewed both tent dressing and wrapping the bump in tight stretch fabric - finding a happy medium in which she never looked silly or contrived. She obviously considered both cost and her own comfort.

While I don't always love what she wore - I do admire someone of her age who has a reasoned plan for dressing to short term needs. I thought the effort exceedingly well done!
Agreed.

She does dress nicely and classy, although I still do not agree with the media that she's a fashion icon.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:32 PM
Majesty

The world's best dressed baby bump! Week by week, Kate's pregnancy fashion diary:
Kate Middleton: The world's best dressed baby bump! Week by week, Kate's pregnancy fashion diary | Mail Online

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-06-2013, 04:57 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The world's best dressed baby bump! Week by week, Kate's pregnancy fashion diary:
Kate Middleton: The world's best dressed baby bump! Week by week, Kate's pregnancy fashion diary | Mail Online
Ok I like Kate and her maternity fashion but "best dressed baby bump" seriously? Sometimes people are just too much...
Old 07-06-2013, 05:32 AM
Courtier

I thought she looked great very classy but not a fashion icon. Everything she wore was on trend and you see most of her looks anywhere. She really loves her boots doesn't she? LOL
Old 07-06-2013, 09:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree. She looked good most of the times but her choices had nothing special. "The world's best dressed baby bump!" is completely overrated, IMO.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
I thought she looked great very classy but not a fashion icon.
She would probably say that was the nicest compliment you could give her regarding her wardrobe.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Nobility

Actually, I have to disagree. Everything she wears reflects her style which is obviously very classic. Stating that her clothing is "on trend" is more a testament to the fact the her style her influenced the current trends in fashion not the other way around. So she is a fashion icon, she just doesn't wear the cutting edge or fashion forward clothing some people want her to wear. Everything she wears sells out, she gets praised for her fashion sense, people everywhere including stars are mimicking her style. Yes, she is a fashion icon regardless of whether some people consider her style boring or average or uninspired. She deserves to be called a fashion icon and it's ironic because that's exactly what she reportedly wanted to avoid.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post
Actually, I have to disagree. Everything she wears reflects her style which is obviously very classic. Stating that her clothing is "on trend" is more a testament to the fact the her style her influenced the current trends in fashion not the other way around. So she is a fashion icon, she just doesn't wear the cutting edge or fashion forward clothing some people want her to wear. Everything she wears sells out, she gets praised for her fashion sense, people everywhere including stars are mimicking her style. Yes, she is a fashion icon regardless of whether some people consider her style boring or average or uninspired. She deserves to be called a fashion icon and it's ironic because that's exactly what she reportedly wanted to avoid.
Not exactly. What she wore is what most people are wearing and not necessarily because they're influenced by her. This kind of 60s straight line with ladylike vibes have been "on trend" for the past few years, even before she started to wear them.
She's following the trend, not setting it.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Does it really matter if she followed the trend or if she set the trend? We do know that what she wears sells out almost immediately so obviously she must be influencing some women out there.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Not exactly. What she wore is what most people are wearing and not necessarily because they're influenced by her. This kind of 60s straight line with ladylike vibes have been "on trend" for the past few years, even before she started to wear them.
She hasn't really changed her style over the years. If you look back over the years, she was wearing a lot of the same styles over the years. She really hasn't changed which to me is a good thing. Trendy is not at all what I would call her fashion sense. Lots of things become "on trend" even when people have been wearing those styles for years.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:25 PM
Serene Highness

She also got access to better designers. I do think she has an advisor of some sort because she's been dressing better after getting married. Atleast she's smarter about it. She used to mix colors and patterns that shouldn't be mixed.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Majesty

I think the idea is to not take the headline too seriously.

Catherine dressed the way she liked during her pregnancy.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Aristocracy

I really like her yellow Emilia Wickstead coat. But other than that I remain underwhelmed. Her pregnancy wardrobe was okay. I look forward to seeing if motherhood changes her style, and how she will dress the baby.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
She dresses much as Jacqueline Kennedy did.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion