The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Her Royal Highness looked beautiful.

Duchess Of Cambridge looks so Nice ,, Liked her Outfit , simple elegant & so Wintry look , Just like princess from Fairy tales story , this is the thoughts I got when I saw her pics . They looks so Happy .

This is one of her best looks IMO.

LaRae

Hahahahaha! I say she gets a cut and color like Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands. About 20 Daily Mail readers will keel over from the shock.

As well as people here on the Forum; can you just imagine her appearing in "helmet hair"?:lol:

Fantastic look! The coat and the dress are very elegant. One of her best looks.

Hope the fur was not real. Royals should set an example and wear only synthetic fur. I imagine most would disagree with this. But I see the only value of royals is to set examples for good things, such as not wearing dead animals.

This is one of her best looks IMO.

LaRae
I think you are right. Her entire ensemble just hits the right note. Her coat is long enough to be both elegant and warm cream colour is a surprisingly flattering colour.

The best part of her "look" was her not making her abundant girlie curls the "star" of the day. Her gorgeous hat was chic and her complimentary hairstyle ensured that everyone got to see Catherine as an attractive, mature and enviably stylish woman who, while not the centre of attention, was impossible to miss.

Wow! What an improvement in style and elegance.

I think if the Royals want to wear fur more power to them. It's really no one's business if they do or don't. Just like it's none of my business if someone else wears fur or not.

Why does everything have to be made into controversy. What's next....it's going to be evil to wear leather shoes?

LaRae

Hope the fur was not real. Royals should set an example and wear only synthetic fur. I imagine most would disagree with this. But I see the only value of royals is to set examples for good things, such as not wearing dead animals.

Mariel - I struggle with this. There is no need to harvest endangered or farmed fur or fur taken inhumanely.
However, I personally own a wonderfully functional fox collar that my grandmother wore back in her youth (in the 50s). It has been moved from ski jackets, where it was invaluable above treeline or on below zero days to dress coats (where it was warm and lovely). I figure the longer I wear it and give honor and thanks to the animal it came from, the better. And I think of that fox with respect every time I wear it.

Today in the US it is easy to find jackets with coyote fur. They lack natural predators and are hunted because there are way too many of them and they cause a lot of property loss (including Spot the puppy and Puff the kitten). Why not wear that fur?
I wish there were a way to certify that the animal was wild (not farmed), not endangered and killed humanely or were vintage fur AND was being worn in a cold climate.
I may take heat for this, but I think fur, honorably sourced and worn still has a place in my life. IMHO and off topic, sorry mods.

Her dress at the wedding is by MaxMara and was worn on the couples visit to Cambridge. Nice look for Kate i think - though the pillbox hat was never a favourite of her looks

Nowadays, there is a lot of faux fur that looks lush and beautiful, so this very well may have been a faux scarf. She looked very lovely!

Nowadays, there is a lot of faux fur that looks lush and beautiful, so this very well may have been a faux scarf. She looked very lovely!

And the fur added a lovely winter elegance to a simple classic cast. The hat was stylish without being over bearing..a sort of Cossack style. I cringed at a woman in the foreground of some of the pictures is an ivory summer straw fascinator .... So inappropriate.

Kate looked lovely.

:previous: We all know you can't stand Kate, but there's no need for such cruel comments. It says more about you than it does Kate when you say things like that.

William lost his looks back in 2001. I am flying solo here, but I think Kate's outfit is really unattractive.

She looks more forty than thirty something. She is beginning to loose her looks faster than William. All the clothes in the world won't change that!

I think maybe the reason you see this is because she is starting to dress more matronly than as a young girl these days but I still think she looks like a woman in her 30s. Actually I found the outfit she wore to this wedding to be very elegant in its simplicity.

I think she takes a lot of time deciding what to wear for occasions such as this. She wants to look good (who doesn't?) yet she knows she draws attention so kind of understates things so as not to detract from the bride and groom's big day. Both her and William do make an attractive couple together.

William lost his looks back in 2001. I am flying solo here, but I think Kate's outfit is really unattractive.

I don't like her clothes either. I think when she really is old she'll regret having spent her young years dressing like an old lady. There is a middle road which is followed by the likes of Lady Gabriella Windsor which mixes elegance with youthful style but I think Kate is yet to find it.

Excuse me she doesn't dress like an old lady. She dresses like a grown up woman. :cool:

I think maybe the reason you see this is because she is starting to dress more matronly than as a young girl these days but I still think she looks like a woman in her 30s.

No, that's not the reason angieUK sees Kate this way. She sees Kate this way because she wants to see her this way. She's had the knives out for Kate continually. Debating it is pointless, she's going to think what she wants to think.

Every princess dresses older than their actual age, without exception. They're constrained by their roles which require a certain degree of conservatism and modesty. On the few occasions when Kate has worn little dresses or skirts which are above the knee, and therefore closer to what other women her age wear, posters here were outraged, as if she'd turned up to Remembrance Sunday in a boob-tube and thong.

If some are saying she's dressing too old and others are saying she's dressing too young, then by my measure, she's getting it about right.

Yeah I'm gonna have to agree. Kate does not dress matronly or old. I like her style and I'm several years younger. Everyone is different and has different style and sense of what is fashionable but when people say things like that its pretty insulting not just for Kate but for people who actually like her style. So I'm cool with you disliking something but you can express it differently.

And isn't this discussion supposed to be in the fashion thread?

I love her simple classic sophiscated coat and pill box hat.
She cannot schlep around with mini skirts or dresses.
Remember a while back ,Her Majesty said her hemlines should be longer.
Matronly? I doubt it
She's with child , comfort.

Last edited:
Majesty magazine may have said it. I think Catherine will always err on the side of caution and I thought she looked lovely at the wedding this weekend

Everyone is entitled to there opinion and my first thoughts on this outfit was that she looked chic, comfortable and the whole look had a European flair to it. A thumbs up from me and I think the length was just right for a Duchess. She is after all a Duchess not a Bogan Bristol Babe!

I think she looks lovely. Elegant and classy.

LaRae

Everyone is entitled to there opinion and my first thoughts on this outfit was that she looked chic, comfortable and the whole look had a European flair to it. A thumbs up from me and I think the length was just right for a Duchess. She is after all a Duchess not a Bogan Bristol Babe!
I agree with your post. Catherine looked very chic and stylish.

I agree with Tarlita's post as well, but what is a Bogan Bristol Babe. If you cant explain on the public forum, Ill understand!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom