The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I read elsewhere on the threads that the red dress might possibly be the one worn under a coat and pillbox hat when she arrived in NZ. Just because we've not seen it before doesn't mean its recently purchased.

I love the simplicity of the outfit and also noticed that in the current events thread where articles about the visit are posted, there is more emphasis on the event itself and some other tidbits rather than a focus on what she wore.

This is what I think she aims for.

Love the dress classic look agree the hair is a problem... again

She looks nice. It's a simple and nice dress. Nothing special but nice. Good accessories too.

BTW, this dress cannot have been worn during the arrival to NZ. People probably thought this because the original info was that this dress was from Catherine Walker (designer of the NZ coat), which is wrong, as cepe said: it's by Katherine Hooker. Plus, this dress is far more structured than the one she wore to NZ, it wouldn't ever fly like the NZ one did.

I'm right there with a lot of you guys. The dress is fine, but the hair is not so good. I'm all for a nice ponytail, but this is not sleek at all.

Her dress is rather simple, but elegant and appropriate.

I'm right there with a lot of you guys. The dress is fine, but the hair is not so good. I'm all for a nice ponytail, but this is not sleek at all.

I thought it looked very smooth when she arrived. Perhaps being with children had an impact? Or the wind maybe?

Kate looks outstanding today, imo. She hit all the right notes. And the color is gorgeous! :flowers:

How much nicer and more graceful her posture looks with the clutch bag tucked under one arm, and the hands clasped higher than she usually has them :flowers:

Last edited:
I love the dress! Beautiful color and I love the simple and classic style. She looks very elegant.

Love the dress and love the ponytail. She looks really nice.

I like the dress, some may say it's too simple but it works for her. Thankfully she didn't let her hair down like usual otherwise the whole look would have been so boring. The ponytail brightened up the whole resemble. She looks fresh and so much younger with her hair like that.

I love the pony -- it is a managed tousle, which seems polished without being super fussy. Love it love it love it!

Not a fan of ponytails; too casual, imo.
But Kate looked lovely in that vibrant red dress.

Can someone clear up something for me? On my screen it looks like she has an orange tint to her hair. Has she dyed her hair? I thought that was a bad idea when you were pregnant.

Absolutely adorable, love the little lift in her hair and the high ponytail giving more lift to her face. Best dress ever, thank goodness she isn't recycling anything she wore with Prince George, she's really improved since then with non flimsy and better lengths. Love the jewelry too
She needs to work on her neck posture, as do many of us

Can someone clear up something for me? On my screen it looks like she has an orange tint to her hair. Has she dyed her hair? I thought that was a bad idea when you were pregnant.

It looks like she has darker roots in one photo. Speaking from personal experience, that's what happens when my dark brown color fades--it looks like orange-y. So I'd say that she needs to get her hair colored and hasn't recently.

It looks like she has darker roots in one photo. Speaking from personal experience, that's what happens when my dark brown color fades--it looks like orange-y. So I'd say that she needs to get her hair colored and hasn't recently.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if it was my computer or what. Back when I colored my dark brown hair, it didn't change color like that when I needed to have it redone. I just got gray roots!

It's lovely to see Kate styling her hair differently for the last three engagements ( hope this is a continuing trend).
I was surprised to see her coat less for this latest engagement, given how cold the weather has been in the UK this week - she must be made of stern stuff!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I was surprised to see her coat less for this latest engagement, given how cold the weather has been in the UK this week - she must be made of stern stuff!
I thought the same thing, but I also heard that lots of pregnant women feel hotter than normal.

I like her red dress, simple but pretty. I don't think ponytail is the hairstyle that suits her most, but hey, its a diferent hairstyle than her usual down hair on her face. So I'm always happy for diferent hairstyles and she's been quite up to it for the last couple of engagements.

Now, don't y'all fall down...Kate looks great. She looks lovely for a daytime engagement. Most times, less is more. The pony looks well done and I hope she is finding that it makes a big difference when one doesn't have to constantly manage one's hair. Way to go, Kate.

I like the dress, some may say it's too simple but it works for her. Thankfully she didn't let her hair down like usual otherwise the whole look would have been so boring. The ponytail brightened up the whole resemble. She looks fresh and so much younger with her hair like that.
I agree. This is a good day time engagement look for her.

Now, don't y'all fall down...Kate looks great. She looks lovely for a daytime engagement. Most times, less is more. The pony looks well done and I hope she is finding that it makes a big difference when one doesn't have to constantly manage one's hair. Way to go, Kate.

It's possible that a ponytail is now her norm dealing with a child and she's now more comfortable in that mode. Was bound to happen. :flowers:

Now she just needs to start 'dressing up' the ponytail. It can be done. :p

;) Perhaps William's Aunt Sarah (Fergie) could bestow some of her old hair bows circa 1986 on Kate. "Everything old is new again" could see a resurgence of that trend for adult women. My fourteen year old daughter and her friends have been wearing them again.:D

Catherine's red dress is wonderful, and she looks great. I love that shade of red on her and I agree with the members who have said that she looks her best in simple dresses such as this. Whilst I do agree that she has had better hairstyles, I don't think it looks that sloppy, though I can sort of understand that observation.

Now this is a great example of when Catherine's simple style can look amazing - classic red dress and black accessories, plus a lovely hairstyle. What makes it for me is the material that the dress is made of - it looks luxurious and well structured and I'd like to see this dress again in a plum or purple colour!

It would look great in a purpleish colour! Simple dresses like this one tend to look their best in brighter, bolder colours than softer shades to me, so I think this dress in a bold, darker purple or indeed plum would look great, though I don't think Catherine suits those colours that much (someone like Queen Maxima of the Netherlands wears those sort of colours better, IMO, as she has the personality to pull them off). I would also like to see the dress in electric blue, now that would be stunning.

Catherine's red dress is wonderful, and she looks great. I love that shade of red on her and I agree with the members who have said that she looks her best in simple dresses such as this. Whilst I do agree that she has had better hairstyles, I don't think it looks that sloppy, though I can sort of understand that observation.

It would look great in a purpleish colour! Simple dresses like this one tend to look their best in brighter, bolder colours than softer shades to me, so I think this dress in a bold, darker purple or indeed plum would look great, though I don't think Catherine suits those colours that much (someone like Queen Maxima of the Netherlands wears those sort of colours better, IMO, as she has the personality to pull them off). I would also like to see the dress in electric blue, now that would be stunning.

On a previous engagement, Catherine wore a plum colour dress, but I did not like it because the material was a matt or woollen fabric and made the colour quite dull. So, for me much is to do with the material as the colour!
You are right, an electric blue would be stunning

On a previous engagement, Catherine wore a plum colour dress, but I did not like it because the material was a matt or woollen fabric and made the colour quite dull. So, for me much is to do with the material as the colour!
You are right, an electric blue would be stunning

I think I know what dress you're talking about. :flowers: Is it this one? I don't think it looks that plum; it's darker than plum to me. The Daily Mail commented on their articles and Twitter that it was indeed plum, but I don't really think so as it seems a little too dark and greyish for plum to me.

I think I know what dress you're talking about. :flowers: Is it this one? I don't think it looks that plum; it's darker than plum to me. The Daily Mail commented on their articles and Twitter that it was indeed plum, but I don't really think so as it seems a little too dark and greyish for plum to me.

I agree that it does not look plum, but that may be a result of lighting either by the lights above and the flash, or one or the other. Also, the sapphire earrings make me believe the dress is navy. Just MHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom