The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-11-2013, 07:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
My information on how warm she was came from the always unreliable Daily Mail. They quoted the store owners as saying Kate was "feeling the heat" and sat her down and gave her a glass of water. And, that it was so warm the shop door was left open(no AC?) I was confused about the cardigan, but figured it was for coverage because of the dress.
And, yes, I know how miserable, wet and cool it can be in London in the spring, sort of like New England now.
Daily Mail reporting aside, she looked uncomfortable to me, both the dress and cardi looked a little small, and 8 months pregnant women are much warmer anyway. I'm sure I was super-imposing pregancy memories on Kate
She looked a bit stressed to me but I think it was the camera that was getting to her because I think she spotted "him" and wanted to get away.

I thought she looked great and at this stage it seems really appropriate. Even made the Telegraph today as the dress has been ID'd as Asos.

Thrifty Duchess of Cambridge shops in £17.50 dress - Telegraph

I remember when this was a serious newspaper

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

It was ID'd as ASOS last week, it's not longer on the website at least I can't find it. Reduced from £25 to £17.50 according to the DM.

The UK was quite warm last week, and unless you're a big shop in a centre the chance of a sole shop like this having AC is unlikely.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:51 AM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Kate looks cute in the cardigan and dress. I like the bright colors. The only thing I don't like are the wedges. I think they're kinda ugly and also look a little clunky with the outfit.

Quote:
To me, having a waist, empire or not, with a tie is fitted at 8 months pregnant. Agree that jersey is comfy, but it's also clingy and clingy and hot and pregnant also don't spell comfort to me. I had two summer babies and remember the stiff, tent like dresses were the best.
I don't know, I'm finding jersey to be pretty comfy and not at all too clingy. I'm pregnant and have a few dresses that are similar to the one Kate is wearing (jersey with empire waist) and they are pretty much the most comfortable things I own right now.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:20 AM
Courtier

The cardigan looks too small & too tight. The dress was okay, although not a fan of bows.

She replaced her spiked 4-5 heels with a wedge, guess she is feeling the baby weight after the garden party or is this her casual look for shopping.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Kate looks cute in the cardigan and dress. I like the bright colors. The only thing I don't like are the wedges. I think they're kinda ugly and also look a little clunky with the outfit.

I don't know, I'm finding jersey to be pretty comfy and not at all too clingy. I'm pregnant and have a few dresses that are similar to the one Kate is wearing (jersey with empire waist) and they are pretty much the most comfortable things I own right now.
Congrats on your pregnancy! I guess my opinion on maternity fashion is comfort first, then "style".
To me, the last 6 weeks is the "real deal" and any constriction, even under the bustline, is tough, especially in hot, humid weather.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:34 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
Congrats on your pregnancy! I guess my opinion on maternity fashion is comfort first, then "style".
To me, the last 6 weeks is the "real deal" and any constriction, even under the bustline, is tough, especially in hot, humid weather.
Thank you! Oh, comfort definitely trumps style. Whether it's long flowy dresses, jersey dresses or sweat pants...you just got to wear whatever makes you comfortable during the pregnancy.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:56 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Kate is wearing this Hobbs printed coat at the Princess Cruises Ship Naming Ceremony
Old 06-13-2013, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
Kate is wearing this Hobbs printed coat at the Princess Cruises Ship Naming Ceremony
Kate in the outfit. I personally really don't like this coat. Animal print isn't easy to pull off nor is it flattering IMO.

Full view ** Close up
Old 06-13-2013, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Animal print isn't easy to pull off nor is it flattering IMO.

Especially not when you're pregnant... Today's look is the first of her maternity fashion choices I totally dislike.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:06 AM
Courtier

My eyes, my eyes! Really dislike this one.

LaRae
Old 06-13-2013, 07:10 AM
Heir Apparent

I really don't like the print. Not a fan of the hat either. One of her worst looks in my opinion.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post

Kate in the outfit. I personally really don't like this coat. Animal print isn't easy to pull off nor is it flattering IMO.

Full view ** Close up
You're right, animal print isn't easy especially when you're 8 months pregnant. Possibly one of her worst outfits for me. For once, I don't mind the fascinator but I will always hate the 'plopped look'.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:19 AM
Royal Highness

I agree it is not a good look. I have got used to seeing her in softer/summery colours. I am never keen on her black and white outfits but the animal print really doesn' appeal either.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:26 AM
Courtier

I don't dislike it, but I do prefer her bright summery colors. And she has a new hat and bag!
Old 06-13-2013, 07:38 AM
Royal Highness

At this point in her pregnancy, she gets points just for showing up. I imagine she'd much prefer to be at home with her feet up right now
Old 06-13-2013, 07:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I don't dislike it, but I do prefer her bright summery colors. And she has a new hat and bag!
I agree - wasnt sure to start with because it is so different from her usual style but it's growing on me. I like the fact that she is trying something new.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-13-2013, 08:03 AM
Courtier

Not a fan of Dalmatian print on anyone, except the doggie itself. :(
Old 06-13-2013, 08:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
Not a fan of Dalmatian print on anyone, except the doggie itself. :(
It's not Dalmatian. That would be Cruella DeVill territory.

I actually love this look. It surprised me when I first saw it because its so different for her. But kudos to her for doing something different and taking a risk.

I'm with cepe-it grew on me, and I think she looks radiant.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
It's not Dalmatian. That would be Cruella DeVill territory.

I actually love this look. It surprised me when I first saw it because its so different for her. But kudos to her for doing something different and taking a risk.

I'm with cepe-it grew on me, and I think she looks radiant.
Me too!

I think it's great she is trying something a bit different; also, it is an inexpensive look which should appeal to anyone complaining about the cost of her wardrobe.

Where is the hat from? Anyone recognize the designer?
Old 06-13-2013, 08:57 AM
Nobility

She looks fabulous for someone as far along in a pregnancy as she is. That being said, I'm not a huge fan of this outfit, although I don't think it looks terrible or anything.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion