The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-22-2013, 04:07 PM
Courtier

She looks pretty IMO. Don't care much about the hat but the yellow coat is very nice. Certainly her best pregnancy look so far.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:09 PM
Aristocracy

Okay, what the hell can she wear that will make some of you happy? What direction are you demanding she go? Quite frankly, I don't think she'll ever have anything that will satisfy you so perhaps you need to ignore her very existence. I know that will cut into your daily complaint quota but society as a whole would benefit.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:22 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

I actually love the hat. It's one of my favorite Kate hats. I also love the color of the dress. That shade of yellow looks really nice on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I'm not in the maternity fashion business so I'll just go with "something nicer". You can look nice without parading your bump like Kim Kardashian does.

Her best outfit was the turquiose lace dress worn to some gala a few years back.

Looking at some other Princess'
Princess Marie, Princess Mary (7 months with twins), Marie at 7 months albeit in November, Mette Marit, Mathilde, Letizia (frankly the best one I could find).

Victoria did little to help my cause that's why there's no link to her.
The only outfits I liked were the ones worn by Mette Marit and Mathilde's pink outfit. I wasn't too keen on Letizia's and I couldn't see Mary's outfit that well. As for Marie, with the exceptions of one or two outfits, I wasn't too fond of her pregnancy style.

I think Kate (like the other royal ladies) has had some good pregnancy outfits and some not so good ones. It's really hard to know how to dress, when your body is changing every day. This is especially true when it's your first pregnancy. I imagine when/if she gets pregnant again, she may venture out and try other styles.

IMO though, Kate's pregnancy style has been pretty good. There have been a few things I didn't care for, but most of her outfits I've liked.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:31 PM
Serene Highness

She looks very pretty in the yellow. Yellow is such a hard color to wear and she does it pretty damn well here.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:36 PM
Majesty

Not everyone is going to like other peoples fashion choices. That's just reality. Catherine do her own thing and express her personality in her fashion too.

I'm used to seeing royal ladies in brooches so I think Catherine could've used a diamond brooch but never mind.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-22-2013, 04:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
IMO, the silly hats Kate is prone to wear have been around so long that they are no longer in style. I can't for the life of me figure out why the front horozontal seam was put where it is. Makes it look tacky and home made. Lots of her clothing looks loving hands made at home. Not a look I like.

The front horizontal seam in the middle? My guess would be it is there to allow for more width to cover up the bump without extending like a tent below. It's not included in version shown in above Website with the link to a shop, therefor IMHO it is clearly a sign that the duchess had some alterations made to allow her to wear this item during the last months of her pregnancy.

All in all I like it, bright colour, lovely for springtime. Plus I am happy to see something else instead of the oolka-dot-topshop-dress .
Old 05-22-2013, 04:46 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the color but I dislike the print. Also, the hat is just awful!
Old 05-22-2013, 04:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate looked good! I like the yellow with the nude pumps, the hat not so much.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
More pictures; Kate's a sunny delight! Blossoming Duchess of Cambridge brightens up Buckingham Palace garden party in canary yellow coat | Mail Online

Hat is go awful but she's never worn a hat I have liked. The colour is okay for summer, but the whole coat thing she does is boring me.
Love, love,love this look! This is how you do yellow- a nice lemonade yellow without being Big Bird bright. Kate just rocks it! Love the hat too. The overall look just screams elegant.
Sunshine inside and out!
Old 05-22-2013, 05:46 PM
Royal Highness

I like the whole look, hat and all, including the color. I also like it when she pulls her hair back.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm not a fan of yellow, but on an occasion where she needs to be seen, it works well.
Most of the women present are wearing some sort of coat; I'm guessing it's overcast and chilly.
I don't dislike the hat; I prefer Kate's ribboned hat to a mass of feathers like Camilla is wearing.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I'm not a fan of yellow, but on an occasion where she needs to be seen, it works well.
Most of the women present are wearing some sort of coat; I'm guessing it's overcast and chilly.
One of guests wrote that it was cold day and she wanted a cup of really hot tea (tea was worm, but cakes were delicious)
Old 05-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
One of guests wrote that it was cold day and she wanted a cup of really hot tea (tea was worm, but cakes were delicious)
Your chill factor is my heat wave. I hate anything over 65. I have friends who only survive in 75 plus.

She looked great and seemed to have made a lot of people happy. That can o ly be good

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-22-2013, 06:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't like the hat, especially not with the long hair. She's over 30; time to tie the hair up.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I don't like the hat, especially not with the long hair. She's over 30; time to tie the hair up.
Who decided that at a certain time in life hair had to be "tied up"? You?

There are no rules. There should t be any rules. Where is the fun if there are rules.

And what the heck would most of you have to talk about if everyone followed some made up rules..

(..)

Old 05-22-2013, 06:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the color! It's so cheery and fun, and definitely a good way to bring some youth to the more conservative silhouettes she favors.

And I know I'm in the minority, but I like the hat.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the cheery color; I'm a personal proponent of that bright color yellow. I'm not too crazy about the pattern and style of the coat and feel that the hat obscured her face. But I do like her hair pulled back away from her face.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yep, it was me who decided that women, especially women over 30 because by that age a woman is definitely a woman, not a girl, should tie their hair up at formal, especially Royal, events, when they are wearing a dress and hat. Only me. No-one else has ever suggested that women with long hair should wear their hair tied up in certain situations. I'm a style-setter! I dictate the rules and woe betide anyone who breaches them!

No-one else has ever suggested that long hair blowing about unrestrained is inappropriate for any Royal woman. No-one else has ever suggested that when that person is the centre of attention and all eyes and cameras are forcused on her she should be in control and that she should not be fiddling with her long hair as it blows around in the breeze; that it is distracting for her and irritating to watch.

It's just me and my irrational, dictatorial ways. *Now why can't I open the Smilies library? I want the one cracking the whip. Oh well.*
Old 05-22-2013, 07:23 PM
Heir Apparent

All hail, Goddess of Stylesetters! Will this do?
Old 05-22-2013, 07:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Well I. That case that is 2 snippy peeps. Lol

So long as she ignores the pseudo facelift of P Victoria where you pull it so far back, I'm up for comfortable.

Remember, there really aren't any rules so you can ignore he one I just mentioned above!

FYI I am on an I-iPad. It has predictive text which I hate and haven't worked out how to change. So for typos, I say sorry in advance.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion