The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-22-2013, 12:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
More pictures; Kate's a sunny delight! Blossoming Duchess of Cambridge brightens up Buckingham Palace garden party in canary yellow coat | Mail Online

Hat is go awful but she's never worn a hat I have liked. The colour is okay for summer, but the whole coat thing she does is boring me.
What do you suggest for someone over 7 months pregnant?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Serene Highness

Thumbs down on the hat, but I like the outfit! Pretty and vibrant. The hemline is even, finally.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:32 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
What do you suggest for someone over 7 months pregnant?
I'm not in the maternity fashion business so I'll just go with "something nicer". You can look nice without parading your bump like Kim Kardashian does.

Her best outfit was the turquiose lace dress worn to some gala a few years back.

Looking at some other Princess'
Princess Marie, Princess Mary (7 months with twins), Marie at 7 months albeit in November, Mette Marit, Mathilde, Letizia (frankly the best one I could find).

Victoria did little to help my cause that's why there's no link to her.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I'm not in the maternity fashion business so I'll just go with "something nicer". You can look nice without parading your bump like Kim Kardashian does.

Her best outfit was the turquiose lace dress worn to some gala a few years back.

Princess Marie, Princess Mary (7 months with twins), Marie at 7 months albeit in November, Mette Marit, Mathilde, Letizia (frankly the best one I could find).

ITs all much of a muchness really. I think the only stand out (sorry!) item is Mathilde's which is truly lovely. But that isnt her 1st pegnancy.

I think that there are limited choices and what Catherine is doing at this stage is using colour - the blue at NPG, the Peach and now this yellow.

I really like the cut and the colour

I agree - she cant do hats, except the one she wore to Remembrance Sunday (repeat from Sandhurst)

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-22-2013, 01:41 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

I think that there are limited choices)
I disagree, you look at the maternity fashion threads for Princess and 1st, 2nd, 3rd or even 4th pregnancy you'll find something new every time. You don't see Mary wearing the same outfit Marie did or Mathilde. IMO Catherine just covers up, probably she feels safer that way. But you can show off pregnancy without shoving it in people's faces.

Info on the coat: Marella silk coat | Emilia Wickstead | MATCHESFASHION.COM
Old 05-22-2013, 01:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Duchess of Cambridge's ensemble is great. I liked the shade of the yellow colour.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:57 PM
Courtier

I must admit that I'm also not a fan of short tent-like maternity fashion that Kate and Victoria seem to favour. But I like the yellow coatdress.
It looks a bit like this Zara coat
Old 05-22-2013, 02:09 PM
Nobility

I love this outfit. The coat is lovely, and that color is fantastic. Yellow can be so tricky, but that shade looks great on her. I also like the hat.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:19 PM
Aristocracy

Is there a dress under that coat?

I actually like the color of the coat, not crazy about the shape. And maybe it's time for a fresh hat!

Still, she looks happy and good.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:23 PM
Gentry

Quote:

Lumutqueen, I think that it is unfair to compare the Duchess of Cambridge's maternity wear with Kim Kardashian!!! The other Princesses maternity wear that you referred to did not make me go 'wow'!! Infact, someone who really liked to show of her bump was Princess Marie (I refer you back to your own photos of her}!!! I get the impression that the Duchess can't do anything right in your eyes if I read your posts about her. Duchess Catherine's maternity wear at the Garden party was very appropriate for the occasion AND the weather if you think about it!! The coat was lovely and defenitely not too thight and the hat completed a lovely picture! Not everyone can wear a hat like this with so much finesse!!
Old 05-22-2013, 02:33 PM
Courtier

Yellow is a hard color to wear for some but she really looks great here in this-again I attribute a lot of this to the pregnancy glow but the fashion is also part of it.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:36 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum View Post
Lumutqueen, I think that it is unfair to compare the Duchess of Cambridge's maternity wear with Kim Kardashian!!!
If you read what I actually wrote you'll notice that I did no such thing.

Quote:
You can look nice without parading your bump like Kim Kardashian does.
Where is the comparison?

Quote:
Infact, someone who really liked to show of her bump was Princess Marie (I refer you back to your own photos of her}!!!
I assuming you are confusing showing your bump, with showing off your bump.

Quote:
I get the impression that the Duchess can't do anything right in your eyes if I read your posts about her. Duchess Catherine's maternity wear at the Garden party was very appropriate for the occasion AND the weather if you think about it!! The coat was lovely and defenitely not too thight and the hat completed a lovely picture! Not everyone can wear a hat like this with so much finesse!!

We're all allowed our own opinions on this forum, I think Catherine's hat today was awful and her outfit typically safe and boring. It is my usual opinon on her clothers, she has worn some beautiful pieces in the past but now she seems to be afraid. I'm not exactly how you can wear a hat like that with finesse, looks like she's about to pop out of a cookoo clock frankly.

You're welcome to disagree with my opinion but do not criticise the fact I have one.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love EW full stop I think yellow is a hard colour to wear but it works in the crowd has her standing out which is great at a gearden party for the photo thing as we see in one of DM pictures. I think it could have ben longerfor when she fiddles woth her hair but otherwise I like it.
I love those little hats she wears and the bag is cute.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:07 PM
Heir Apparent

IMO, the silly hats Kate is prone to wear have been around so long that they are no longer in style. I can't for the life of me figure out why the front horozontal seam was put where it is. Makes it look tacky and home made. Lots of her clothing looks loving hands made at home. Not a look I like.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

This is one of the hats that Kate owns that I like. The yellow coat is nice and I like the daring color. I bet we won't see her in a color like this anytime soon. The coat thing I agree is boring but I think this is an appropriate outfit for this kind of event.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:38 PM
Nobility

I'm sorry, but how is Kate showing off her bump? She's wearing a loose coat dress, which is about the best she can do at this point.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:01 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
More pictures; Kate's a sunny delight! Blossoming Duchess of Cambridge brightens up Buckingham Palace garden party in canary yellow coat | Mail Online

The colour is okay for summer, but the whole coat thing she does is boring me.
Agree 100%!!! coat thing, same high heels, hair hanging down
Old 05-22-2013, 04:03 PM
Majesty

I think Her Royal Highness looked very beautiful. I don't know much about women's fashion but I think Catherine chose a pretty nice color.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-22-2013, 04:04 PM
Courtier

I don't see Kate shoving her pregnancy in peoples faces. She is wearing a nice coat and dress.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrit View Post
I'm sorry, but how is Kate showing off her bump? She's wearing a loose coat dress, which is about the best she can do at this point.
Nobody said she was showing off her bump, in fact the exact opposite.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion