The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
11-8-14:

1 2 3 4 5

She looks fantastic! I absolutely love this coat. It's a beautiful shade of blue, and a classic and elegant style. The rest of the look really suits the coat.

:previous: Catherine looks wonderful and it's great to see her again. It appears that she is feeling much better. I love that shade of blue and the coat in general. However, I'm not a huge fan of the boots as they're just not really my cup of tea. Her hair looks nice and neat here too.

According to MyRoyals, her coat is by Matthew Williamson:

!! REAL- MY ROYALS !!: Visit to Wales (scroll down a little to see a photo of the coat on the model)

It reminds me of the blue coats that Diana, William and Harry once wore to an Easter service.:)

She looks fantastic. I love the coat.

I don't see why she can't buy a new coat. It's not like she doesn't usually recycle them. I mean, she still wears ones that she's had since 2006.

Last edited:
It's a coat and in a lovely shade of blue. I am happy to see she is feeling better!

I think she really looks great in these pics. Healthy and happy.

Last edited:
I really like this colour on Kate and the style is perfect for this stage in her pregnancy. Are these the same trusty boots?

I really like the coat. Very trendy on her part. However, I will never not dislike those boots.

Ugh, I must be the only one disliking this look: the coat is boring and the color is pretty dull... Flat hair...sorry but to me she seems pretty sloppy...:ermm:

New baby blue coat by Matthew Williamson & old boots for Kate. I like the coat but honestly, how many coats does she own? She could have easily recycled one. Rest is same old (posture, flying hair in the wind)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014...ge_galleryImage_The_Duke_and_Duchess_of_C.JPG
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014...ge_galleryImage_Image_licensed_to_i_Image.JPG
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/11/08/1415452954436_wps_22_November_08_2014_November.jpg

It reminds me of the blue coats that Diana, William and Harry once wore to an Easter service.:)
First- love that coat! Love that color on Catherine! Divine! So elegant! EDIT- I love the boots.What else has the designer made for Kate? An evening dress? A jacket?
Second- Me too!

Last edited:
I love the coat, and the look in general. I do think the coat would look a little better without the pocket flaps.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Like the coat, and balck accessories. Think that a brown dress was a mistake (fashion blogs saying its brown). If it was black, no problem

The coat is lovely and so is the color but the overall of the look is very boring IMO and I dislike that the collar underneath is over the coat's collar. I also find her makeup was poorly done, the eyeliner way too much. This look is a miss for me.

Catherine, The Duchess of Cambridge, looked all right. The style of the coat was not my cup of tea. Loose hairstyle did not help the overall look.

Last edited:
Meh not a fan of the coat...looks old an polyester-ish. She looks good...her hair is a bit of a mess but she looks like she's feeling better.

LaRae

She looks good. I like the coat very much, but dislike the boots completely.

As lovely as Catherine looks and as appropriate and elegant as the outfit surely is, there really is not much else one can really say about it - it's a blue coat with buttons, no more, no less. There are no accessories, hats, gloves, BROOCHES! or scarves to compliment it.

As lovely as Catherine looks and as appropriate and elegant as the outfit surely is, there really is not much else one can really say about it - it's a blue coat with buttons, no more, no less. There are no accessories, hats, gloves, BROOCHES! or scarves to compliment it.
I was looking at the photos and kept thinking "what's not happening?, What is happening is the same old thing. Same style, same hair, same boots, same posture, etc.

But you called it with the lack of accessories. Right at the end photo I saw a clutch and they say she was wearing he Kiki earrings but with all that hair blowing around it's a bit of luck if you spot them. She was wearing a poppy but mostly her hair covered it.

I like the colour of the coat but am not too keen on the cut or the military style buttons, somehow they just look odd. But for the rest of her ensemble it seems a mishmash of giant proportions.

Powder or baby blue over coat over brownish looking dress with black boots and what looks like a navy blue clutch which must have been held by someone else for most of the time because her pockets aren't that big. It could be that everything except the coat was black but if so they were a mixture of blue/black and brown/black.

Interestingly she has developed the perfect pregnancy stance with either one hand on her stomach or with both arms surrounding her bump and her hands clasped beneath. It's a pretty good focal point for photographers I guess.

Last edited:
This look is typical Kate to me - well presented but a tad boring. It needed some great accessories to take it to the next level.

Glad to see her out and about but don't like the black next to her face, not what she needs at this point and don't like the black with baby blue. Adorable cut of the coat, barely button it which is cute too and pockets and buttons suit her at this point.
I am really longing to see baby george

Last edited:

She looks here like she looked when she was attending St Andrews. A sudden throw-back to her younger years. Nice to see her relaxed. :flowers:

Old married couple. :p

She looks fantastic! I absolutely love this coat. It's a beautiful shade of blue, and a classic and elegant style. The rest of the look really suits the coat.

I agree. :flowers: I'm especially fond of the boots with the blue. Looks like it was a drizzly day and cold. I imagine a nice cozy time snuggled on a soft sofa with hot cocoa. :)

I quite like this black coat for Kate this time... Today she is much better dressed than last year... (I found the curls very inappropriate and silly) but this time she has managed to dress sober and simple for the occasion

Sophie is wearing what look like the same coat. They're both devotees of Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen.

I would like to know what kind a blouse she is wearing underneath the coat. It looks classy and I can’t remember seeing it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom