The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-14-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
As for this latest wardrobe malfunction... sigh. I did not scour the tabloids for information on it. I'm curious. With the gust of wind, did the other women suffer similar wardrobe malfunctions? Might put things in a bit of perspective, either way.
The wind catches my skirt at least 2 or 3 times a day working in the city but it will never make a tabloid because I'm a nobody. Considering it was a blustery day and not a single woman in attendance had weight in their hems, I'm assuming the wind caught a few skirts and dresses.
My issue is 'wardrobe malfunction', really? I can start a new thread on TRF dedicated to nothing but royal woman having their skirts caught in a breeze. Everyone from Queen Elizabeth on down has had their skirts around their necks and knickers on display. It happens multiple times to every woman.
And if that photo from the wedding can be classified as a 'malfunction' then God help us all.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:09 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the dress and jacket. As I noticed before, with a low cost item you get low-cost finish and there is only a machined hem on this dress therefore even if she had listened to many of you, there was nowhere to put a hem-weight.

I would put that hat out of its misery and bury it!

The added problem is that it is maternity wear - loose fitting. It will make matters worse. Taking Gracie's ship analogy further - like a ship in full sail.

She has some important engagements pencilled in for June as well as the ship launch. MY guess is that she will have custom made items for those events.

And she has definitely blossomed since venturing into Hogwarts.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-14-2013, 02:38 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

I don't see how the dress is too casual for this wedding. I saw another photo that showed a few of the female guests and they were dressed in similar outfits as Kate - jacket over a dress. So Kate was dressed appropriately for the wedding.

I'm one of the few that love the hat. I think it's fun.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Serene Highness

It's got nothing to do with her being perfect (the call for weights), it's got to do with not flashing the world your personal bits. The cameras are almost always going to be on her.

LaRae
Old 05-14-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
It's got nothing to do with her being perfect (the call for weights), it's got to do with not flashing the world your personal bits. The cameras are almost always going to be on her.

LaRae
Admittedly I flunked anatomy and I'm sure you don't want the facts to confuse the issue but can you point out where Catherine's personal bits are in the photo?
https://gs1.wac.edgecastcdn.net/8019...oy9wo1_500.jpg
Old 05-14-2013, 07:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Sigh. We're back to the "she must weight her hems! At all times! Because heaven forbid she be less than perfect for a moment!"

Wind happens. Hem weights don't always work and those heavy enough to combat the wind would totally change the shape and fit of a light summer dress like that one.

It is not that big a deal when it happens and it seems bullying to me to constantly bring up any moment where it happens and insinuate she's doing it to be attention seeking.
Here Here!! It happens. It even happened to Diana once and that hem had the little weights in it too, but she was coming down the stairs of a helicopter and... Right angle for the wind and up went the skirt.

Give it a rest.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyLoo View Post
Admittedly I flunked anatomy and I'm sure you don't want the facts to confuse the issue but can you point out where Catherine's personal bits are in the photo?
https://gs1.wac.edgecastcdn.net/8019...oy9wo1_500.jpg
I wasn't talking about this specific incident...in the past we have seen things we should not see.

Either way, it's her job to be professional, to present a certain image ....yes even the Queen in the past has had wind cause a problem (or so I understand although not sure we've ever seen pics of the Queen's behind) it just seems to be recurring issue with Kate's clothing.

LaRae
Old 05-14-2013, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Good post LucyLoo

Frankly its been talked about far more often than it has occurred.

Once said is, IMO, enough to get the point across.

Time to move on.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
But these aren't pics of the wedding, where's her hat? These pics are from the Harry Potter's studio visit.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
But these aren't pics of the wedding, where's her hat? These pics are from the Harry Potter's studio visit.
Ada - look at post 909

Old 05-14-2013, 09:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Can't say we didn't warn her! A longer dress with heavier material, like the sky blue one she wore at the museum, would not have blown up as much or as easily.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I was surprised she wore "cheap" day wear to a wedding that was formal enough for William to be wearing tails! Catherine is pregnant not sick and is scheduled to make a few more appearances before the birth. It is not a reasonable excuse to make no effort whatsoever!

She already knew the dress was too lightweight to withstand wind, she wore the dress and jacket only a week or so ago at a public engagement and the jacket numerous times over. Slapping an ugly hat on top does not make up for her lack of grooming. Yes she knew the camera's would be there, so did the bride and groom. They might have expected she would make and effort to look good for their big day. They were wrong.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:32 AM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Lack of grooming? Her hair was combed and her clothes were clean, so I'm not seeing any lack of grooming. I just don't understand the fuss about this outfit. I think it was appropriate and cute. She was dressed no differently than a number of other women that were in attendance.

I'm sure the bride and groom were more concerned with their nuptials and couldn't care less about what Kate wore.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kate's skirts have blown up about 5-7x, you'd think she'd learn by now and change her behavior.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-15-2013, 02:49 AM
Heir Apparent

I have to admit that very fact is starting to make me look at her in a very different way!
Old 05-15-2013, 04:49 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
Oh, DO give it a rest! She's heavily pregnant, and more the likely feeling overheated, so a light dress was probably ideal. As to the skirt blowing up, it'll continue to happen, even if she takes precautions ( it happens to the Queen, and her skirts are weighted down). I doubt highly she's doing this for attention.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I have to admit that very fact is starting to make me look at her in a very different way!
And that would be a shock. I've read your posts on Catherine and they are always negative no matter the event or occasion. Fair enough , we don't all have to like the same people but I also noticed your a big fan of Camilla, so instead of bashing on Kate why not worry about Camilla's single digit approval rating with the British public?
Old 05-15-2013, 08:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

OK, now we've got people telling us we can't negatively comment, AGAIN. All you Kate worshipers need to cool your jets...I don't think this forum has been designated as an only-nice-things-about-Kate venue. If it has, please let me know.

Sometimes Kate looks great, sometimes she doesn't.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:14 AM

Kate Middleton | Photos: The Top 10 Best-Dressed Pregnant Ladies | Vanity Fair

Oh-oh. Catherine finished first in Vanity Fair's best dressed maternity list
Old 05-15-2013, 10:11 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I was surprised she wore "cheap" day wear to a wedding that was formal enough for William to be wearing tails! Catherine is pregnant not sick and is scheduled to make a few more appearances before the birth. It is not a reasonable excuse to make no effort whatsoever!

She already knew the dress was too lightweight to withstand wind, she wore the dress and jacket only a week or so ago at a public engagement and the jacket numerous times over. Slapping an ugly hat on top does not make up for her lack of grooming. Yes she knew the camera's would be there, so did the bride and groom. They might have expected she would make and effort to look good for their big day. They were wrong.
Wow! No effort whatsoever? Harsh much?

William wasn't wearing tails, he was in a morning jacket, which is pretty standard for weddings in the UK. As another poster has stated, what Kate wore was similar to what other guests were wearing.

Lack of grooming? To what are you referring?

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion