The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-13-2013, 04:38 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Its a nice dress matched well but as I said before its a casual dress and wearing it to a wedding is being underdressed IMO.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:54 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Its a nice dress matched well but as I said before its a casual dress and wearing it to a wedding is being underdressed IMO.
I would say that depends on the wedding. Not every wedding is formal and that would be the perfect dress for every wedding I have ever been to. In fact, for most it would have been overdressed.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Plus, Kate would not wish to stand out. It is the bride's big day.
Finally saw the hat. Would not like it on anyone else, but on Kate, it works.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Plus, Kate would not wish to stand out. It is the bride's big day.
Finally saw the hat. Would not like it on anyone else, but on Kate, it works.
She stands out with her attendance. Whether she wears something nice or not, she will still have an effect. Her being at the wedding is enough buzz to go around.
I don't like that hat. I wish she wore this hat instead.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
She stands out with her attendance. Whether she wears something nice or not, she will still have an effect. Her being at the wedding is enough buzz to go around.
Indeed. I guess my point is that, given the buzz that her attendance brings, she does not wish to add to it, by drawing attention to what she wears- taking the focus off the bride, even though she knows if Catherine is there, there is going to be some buzz.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
This hat is navy. Her jacket and dots are black.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
This hat is navy. Her jacket and dots are black.
My mistake I didn't look closely enough.

Here is a very clear picture of her new hat
Old 05-13-2013, 11:46 AM
Heir Apparent

She looks really good!!! I like the dress, she should't buy a new dress just for the event, because she will not wear it for a long time...I like the dress, it was a cheap dress and it looks lovely!
Old 05-14-2013, 03:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Here is a very clear picture of her new hat
OMG! That hat is ghastly and just plonked on the top of stringy, fly-away hair!

This is one big miss. That hat is so over structured it would need an extremely sophisticated up do to carry it off. Instead it looks like a kids Chinese party hat . . . with feathers.

Whist I liked the black and white polka dot dress (too short, I know) I think she could have made some attempt to dress it up a little. I don't know . . . different hairstyle, jacket, shoes and some classy jewellery would have lifted it from day wear to something special.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I agree with you, the hat you have posted in the link would have been better for the polka dress. However, I like the feather hat too- it would look great with a simple outfit in a monochrome colour- black or some shade of white that is similar to to colour of the feathers.Also, I would put it in a different position-more in the back of her head, but it is probably quite tricky to put this hat in a certain place and make it stay there without slipping down:-)
. Helen Keller
Old 05-14-2013, 05:24 AM
Courtier

She didn't want to take the spotlight you say?

Kate Middleton Left Red Faced After Dress Blows Up At Wedding - Celebrity Gossip, News & Photos, Movie Reviews, Competitions - Entertainmentwise

How unusual, another dress blow up!
Old 05-14-2013, 06:00 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
Do you think she planned this upon her arrival to the wedding?! Come on now give the a girl a break!!
Old 05-14-2013, 06:52 AM
Courtier

Well it's happened often enough she ought to know by this point she needs to weight her hems.

LaRae
Old 05-14-2013, 08:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sigh. We're back to the "she must weight her hems! At all times! Because heaven forbid she be less than perfect for a moment!"

Wind happens. Hem weights don't always work and those heavy enough to combat the wind would totally change the shape and fit of a light summer dress like that one.

It is not that big a deal when it happens and it seems bullying to me to constantly bring up any moment where it happens and insinuate she's doing it to be attention seeking.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:08 AM

Where are the photos of her skirt blowing??? Lots of wedding pics but no photos of her skirt blowing. Seems the tabloids and the people who read them can say Catherine's skirts blow at any-time now and no evidence is needed.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:49 AM
Courtier

It happens and she can't control the wind. I don't see her dress blowing up as trying to take the spotlight. Besides having the future King at your wedding is a big deal that was probably more what people would talk about if anything not Kate's dress.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyLoo View Post
Where are the photos of her skirt blowing??? Lots of wedding pics but no photos of her skirt blowing. Seems the tabloids and the people who read them can say Catherine's skirts blow at any-time now and no evidence is needed.
There is a picture http://24.media.tumblr.com/fbd4504a9...oy9wo1_500.jpg
Old 05-14-2013, 09:28 AM

^^^^ Thats the 'Marilyn Monroe moment' described in the article??
Old 05-14-2013, 12:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, through the eyes of famous fashion designers | Spletnik.ru
Old 05-14-2013, 01:27 PM
Royal Highness

I agree that the feather hat was ghastly. I'm not sure if a more formal look would have helped it. While some weddings are more casual, I agree that the overall look was probably too casual for THIS wedding. But she's getting big, really big, and she's starting to look uncomfortable. At some point you trade looks for comfort when you become too big. If she's got two months to go, she's got one big baby (boy) in there, with his dad's build, perhaps the Spencer build. When she's christening that ship, she will feel like one herself. Don't ask me how I know this!

Unfortunately, with the attention of the media, she will upstage the bride no matter what she does or does not do, whether she's wearing a nun's outfit or a bridal gown herself.

As for this latest wardrobe malfunction... sigh. I did not scour the tabloids for information on it. I'm curious. With the gust of wind, did the other women suffer similar wardrobe malfunctions? Might put things in a bit of perspective, either way.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion