The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-27-2013, 06:36 PM
Heir Apparent

As I said, chewing over old soup.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-27-2013, 06:37 PM
Courtier

The yellow dress was knee length, how is that short? And all her dresses from her Asian tour were either knee length or below the knee

Old 04-27-2013, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

It was more the lightweight material and loose style that indicated weights in the hem would have been useful.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
The yellow dress was in Canada.

The fact is that in a rather short period of time, Catherine has had two wardrobe malfunctions owing to her wearing shorter dresses on windy days - a habit that she has continued, as we can see by the polka dot dress. Given as she knows that people are going to be taking a lot of pictures of her, at all angles, every time she goes on an official event, you would think that she would try to come up with something to prevent it. Weights is one idea, already (allegedly) used by the Queen.
She certainly has a more hands-off mother than I do. My mother would be the first one on the phone with me to let me know what we could do to fix such wardrobe malfunctions. All in the most concerned and loving of tones of course. And then my sister would text. God, I need a drink now.

I must admit, I've seen more of the Duchess of Cambridge than I ever really cared to. And not all of that can be blamed on the misanthropic French press......
Old 04-27-2013, 06:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Never mind the soup, perhaps a saucer of milk?

Old 04-27-2013, 06:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Meaning what?
Old 04-27-2013, 06:47 PM
Nobility

There was one photo of her bare rear showing in the wind, I believe in the yellow dress. When compared with the original, it was proven to be photoshopped. There are no authentic photos with Kate wearing a thong. I'm kinda wondering, though .... how heavy would those weights have to be not to be blown aloft by the wind, and yet not drag the skirt down so that it looks like it's clinging to the legs?
Old 04-27-2013, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
When did she go to Australia?
She and William had an hour or so layover in Australia, when they were on their way home from the South Pacific tour. She was getting off the plane when the wind blew and she had to grab her dress to keep it from blowing up. She later changed into jeans when they boarded the plane back to London.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Even HM is subject to the wind, During her visit to William at RAF Valley a couple of years ago HM revealed a pretty nice set of gams for an 80+ year old lady and her skirt length was certainly not short nor the material light. Weights do not always solve the problem of mother nature.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I would think some type of weight system would at least have prevented the dress from going as high as it did without clinging to the legs, even if it did get blown aloft to some degree. Naturally, no one could have predicted what would have happened at the airport.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrit View Post
There was one photo of her bare rear showing in the wind, I believe in the yellow dress. When compared with the original, it was proven to be photoshopped. There are no authentic photos with Kate wearing a thong. I'm kinda wondering, though .... how heavy would those weights have to be not to be blown aloft by the wind, and yet not drag the skirt down so that it looks like it's clinging to the legs?
I don't think the whole "blowing in the wind" thing is necessarily bad, just when it blows up. Even if she's not actually being exposed, she is having to fight with her skirts to prevent herself from being exposed. She's had a number of Marilyn Monroe moments, she just needs to find some way to defy the elements and keep her parts hidden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Even HM is subject to the wind, During her visit to William at RAF Valley a couple of years ago HM revealed a pretty nice set of gams for an 80+ year old lady and her skirt length was certainly not short nor the material light. Weights do not always solve the problem of mother nature.
Please tell me gams means legs.

Catherine and the Queen aren't the only ones to have such issues - wasn't Prince Philip exposed on camera while wearing a kilt once? Although I believe then he was sitting.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

^Yep. It was last year at the Scotland Games. PP was sitting down (he wasn't wearing underwear) and the cameras caught quite the view.

As someone else said, weights may pull the dress down and warp the the fit. The type of material that the yellow dress and a few of her other flowy dresses are made of, just seems a little too delicate for weights. I think the queen benefits (from weights) because the material of her clothes are a little heavier.

My suggestion would be for Kate to wear a pair of yoga shorts. That way if the dress blows up, all you get is a view of shorts.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:04 PM
Nobility

Yes, he was. And Prince Henrik of Denmark was once photographed with his fly wide open.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:05 PM
Heir Apparent

None of this has anyting to do with maternity wear. Just saying

Old 04-27-2013, 07:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Backtracking to the polka dot maternity dress, then, a couple of weights would have benefited the hem from flipping up in the wind.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:09 PM
Heir Apparent

But there was no hem............

Old 04-27-2013, 07:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
My suggestion would be for Kate to wear a pair of yoga shorts. That way if the dress blows up, all you get is a view of shorts.
Or a burqa which also solves the problem of too short skirts for those who feel young ladies with great legs should not show them in public.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the whole discussion came up because of the wind problems with the polka for dress.

Perhaps it might be better off moved to a thread regarding Catherine's more general fashion - or even it's own thread "Suggestions on how to prevent the Royal Bum from being exposed to camera."
Old 04-27-2013, 07:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
But there was no hem............
A dress without a hem? That's not well made at all.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
A dress without a hem? That's not well made at all.

Its just turned and machined. Its only £38 - so no it probably isnt

Im laughing cos I mentioned this earlier and I'm in a circle!

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion