The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-25-2013, 01:22 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...28_306x733.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...29_634x714.jpg

Finally a 'maternity dress', great colour but as others have already pointed out, the craftsmanship leaves a lot to be desired.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:44 AM
Commoner

Loved the color and the fit. She is glowing in the pictures - perfect skin, makeup, hair, almost too perfect figure for a pregnant lady. I love how the dress gently hugs her baby bump.

“These people aren't for you,” he warned. “They will chew you up and spit you out...." -Vanity Fair
Old 04-25-2013, 02:02 AM
Heir Apparent

i really liked the dress. she's obviously being very savy with her fashion choices, limiting the amount of how much of her "growing figure" we can see. excellent choice imo, the evasé just after the chestline of the dress achieves that nicely. i very much prefer this dress than the erdem one she chose some days ago in manchester. much classier!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-25-2013, 02:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't like this on her I preferred the Erdem and I think the cut across the bodice is ill fitting I do however love the colour on her and am very grateful she has done something with her hair.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Lovely! Her best appearance among her last appearances.
Everything is perfect on her today.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

The dress is a beautiful colour and suits Catherine well, though I did prefer the Erdem dress she had on a few days ago.

At times, I have to say, I do find it a bit frightening how much Catherine (and Sophie etc.) spend on clothes. My outgoings a month are well over £1000 a month and that's before food and petrol and she spends near enough that on a dress! I know it's their wealth (or William's and Edward's in their cases) and it's who they married to. Perhaps I am a bit jealous, haha!
Old 04-25-2013, 06:52 AM
Serene Highness

As long as a person spends their own money I don't care what they spend on clothes. I might not do it myself (even if I could) but it's their money. Spending the public's money is different though.

LaRae
Old 04-25-2013, 08:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by COESpiral View Post
I like the color and the fabric of the dress, I even like the style, but I agree that whoever sewed the dress should be flogged. Seriously, all the bunching and puckering at the waist is just awful. It's even worse from the back . . . . . . .
I read that this dress was a bespoke Wickstead design . . . and that it cost quite a lot. Don't get me wrong, this cost of any item of clothing that Catherine cares to wear is her business. What really ticks me off is the shabby finish of this garment. Good grief, I could do as well if not better and you had better believe that the sewing machine is not my best friend.

I love the gorgeous colour of the heavy textured crepe. Catherine positively glowed in it and pairing it with the Sanderson shoes was a master stroke. Elegant but not too high. The design was certainly interesting with it's high front neckline, low squared back and the gentle gathering both back and front.

I also liked the way Catherine had styled her hair to allow a really good look at both her face and her jewellery. And for those that care, the length was perfect. With her length of leg she can on occasion look a bit gangly if the skirt is too short.

From a distance she looked fabulous, she hit all the marks. Everything looked great, her hair, jewellery, colour and style of garment, length of skirt and elegance of shoes but the entire ensemble was ruined by the poor workmanship. If she paid what that dress was rumored to have cost for that street market finish she needs her head read.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:34 AM
Heir Apparent

The seams on the dress are distracting but all in all I think she looks wonderful.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
LOVE the color and style....but can someone at the palace (or Wills) please spring to have some alterations done on her dresses so they fit properly...this seems to be an ongoing issue.

LaRae
To be fair, a woman's body can change so much during pregnancy; what fit perfectly yesterday can be a bit off today!

On the whole, though, Kate looks lovely.
I would like to see her wear more jewelery, at least a pin or bracelet or something. She mostly just sticks to earrings (and that sapphire ring).
Old 04-25-2013, 09:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
To be fair, a woman's body can change so much during pregnancy; what fit perfectly yesterday can be a bit off today!

I do think this is a case of Kate having a growth spurt and the chest and back pulling more than having been allowed. I think the gathering at the empire waist was intended to allow for baby growth.

Having said that, I have not been impressed with Emilia Wickstead's finishing on earlier non-maternity pieces... either the pink dress she wore to the sovereign's luncheon and garden party (I thought that pulled as well) or the yellow dress Kate wore in Scotland last year (which just looked homemade and unfinished). I did like the green st patricks day dress in both incarnations - maybe it is fabric selection - the heavier fabric seemed to lay better.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:30 AM
Serene Highness

Gorgeous! The seams do look a bit odd but the overall look is great.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:30 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I like the cut and the colors but I don't like the print. Too busy for me.
I also thought that the print was a bit busy, but overall I like the dress (I've always liked Erdem). Her shoes are nice too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...28_306x733.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...29_634x714.jpg

Finally a 'maternity dress', great colour but as others have already pointed out, the craftsmanship leaves a lot to be desired.
I love the colour of this dress, I remember seeing photos of Sophie and Camilla wearing a similar shade of blue. I also like her shoes and earrings; however, I don't particularly like the seam.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 04-25-2013, 03:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

On the whole, though, Kate looks lovely.
I would like to see her wear more jewelery, at least a pin or bracelet or something. She mostly just sticks to earrings (and that sapphire ring).
Today's dress would have been a perfect backdrop for the Cartier necklace.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

A necklace would have been lovely, Cartier is always welcome.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Today's dress would have been a perfect backdrop for the Cartier necklace.
Yes, this dress would have been perfect for a longer necklace like that. She could have worn her diamond bracelet, too.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:55 AM
Courtier

Kate is in a white dress with black dots and a black jacket.

I guess it is a Marc Jacobs dress.....
Old 04-26-2013, 06:22 AM
Heir Apparent

It's a cute look but a little too short IMO.

http://i40.tinypic.com/mrmt4.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/358wac0.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/2mi14xu.jpg
Old 04-26-2013, 06:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv View Post
I guess it is a Marc Jacobs dress.....
It's from topshop, it cost £38.

http://m.topshop.com/mt/www.topshop....n_jtt_redirect

Too short but nice combination.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:44 AM
Heir Apparent

I do like all her choices but the blue dress is the best one! It looks perfect on her!

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion