The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thumbs down on the hat, but I like the outfit! Pretty and vibrant. The hemline is even, finally. :D

What do you suggest for someone over 7 months pregnant?

I'm not in the maternity fashion business so I'll just go with "something nicer". You can look nice without parading your bump like Kim Kardashian does.

Her best outfit was the turquiose lace dress worn to some gala a few years back.

Looking at some other Princess'
Princess Marie, Princess Mary (7 months with twins), Marie at 7 months albeit in November, Mette Marit, Mathilde, Letizia (frankly the best one I could find).

Victoria did little to help my cause that's why there's no link to her.

I'm not in the maternity fashion business so I'll just go with "something nicer". You can look nice without parading your bump like Kim Kardashian does.

Her best outfit was the turquiose lace dress worn to some gala a few years back.

Princess Marie, Princess Mary (7 months with twins), Marie at 7 months albeit in November, Mette Marit, Mathilde, Letizia (frankly the best one I could find).

ITs all much of a muchness really. I think the only stand out (sorry!) item is Mathilde's which is truly lovely. But that isnt her 1st pegnancy.

I think that there are limited choices and what Catherine is doing at this stage is using colour - the blue at NPG, the Peach and now this yellow.

I really like the cut and the colour

I agree - she cant do hats, except the one she wore to Remembrance Sunday (repeat from Sandhurst)

I think that there are limited choices)

I disagree, you look at the maternity fashion threads for Princess and 1st, 2nd, 3rd or even 4th pregnancy you'll find something new every time. You don't see Mary wearing the same outfit Marie did or Mathilde. IMO Catherine just covers up, probably she feels safer that way. But you can show off pregnancy without shoving it in people's faces.

Info on the coat: Marella silk coat | Emilia Wickstead | MATCHESFASHION.COM

Duchess of Cambridge's ensemble is great. I liked the shade of the yellow colour.

I must admit that I'm also not a fan of short tent-like maternity fashion that Kate and Victoria seem to favour. But I like the yellow coatdress.
It looks a bit like this Zara coat

Last edited:
I love this outfit. The coat is lovely, and that color is fantastic. Yellow can be so tricky, but that shade looks great on her. I also like the hat.

Is there a dress under that coat?

I actually like the color of the coat, not crazy about the shape. And maybe it's time for a fresh hat!

Still, she looks happy and good.

Lumutqueen, I think that it is unfair to compare the Duchess of Cambridge's maternity wear with Kim Kardashian!!! The other Princesses maternity wear that you referred to did not make me go 'wow'!! Infact, someone who really liked to show of her bump was Princess Marie (I refer you back to your own photos of her}!!! I get the impression that the Duchess can't do anything right in your eyes if I read your posts about her. Duchess Catherine's maternity wear at the Garden party was very appropriate for the occasion AND the weather if you think about it!! The coat was lovely and defenitely not too thight and the hat completed a lovely picture! Not everyone can wear a hat like this with so much finesse!!

Yellow is a hard color to wear for some but she really looks great here in this-again I attribute a lot of this to the pregnancy glow but the fashion is also part of it.:flowers:

Lumutqueen, I think that it is unfair to compare the Duchess of Cambridge's maternity wear with Kim Kardashian!!!

If you read what I actually wrote you'll notice that I did no such thing.

You can look nice without parading your bump like Kim Kardashian does.

Where is the comparison?

Infact, someone who really liked to show of her bump was Princess Marie (I refer you back to your own photos of her}!!!

I assuming you are confusing showing your bump, with showing off your bump.

I get the impression that the Duchess can't do anything right in your eyes if I read your posts about her. Duchess Catherine's maternity wear at the Garden party was very appropriate for the occasion AND the weather if you think about it!! The coat was lovely and defenitely not too thight and the hat completed a lovely picture! Not everyone can wear a hat like this with so much finesse!!

We're all allowed our own opinions on this forum, I think Catherine's hat today was awful and her outfit typically safe and boring. It is my usual opinon on her clothers, she has worn some beautiful pieces in the past but now she seems to be afraid. I'm not exactly how you can wear a hat like that with finesse, looks like she's about to pop out of a cookoo clock frankly.

You're welcome to disagree with my opinion but do not criticise the fact I have one.

I love EW full stop I think yellow is a hard colour to wear but it works in the crowd has her standing out which is great at a gearden party for the photo thing as we see in one of DM pictures. I think it could have ben longerfor when she fiddles woth her hair but otherwise I like it.
I love those little hats she wears and the bag is cute.

IMO, the silly hats Kate is prone to wear have been around so long that they are no longer in style. I can't for the life of me figure out why the front horozontal seam was put where it is. Makes it look tacky and home made. Lots of her clothing looks loving hands made at home. Not a look I like.

This is one of the hats that Kate owns that I like. The yellow coat is nice and I like the daring color. I bet we won't see her in a color like this anytime soon. The coat thing I agree is boring but I think this is an appropriate outfit for this kind of event.

I'm sorry, but how is Kate showing off her bump? She's wearing a loose coat dress, which is about the best she can do at this point.

I think Her Royal Highness looked very beautiful. I don't know much about women's fashion but I think Catherine chose a pretty nice color.

I don't see Kate shoving her pregnancy in peoples faces. She is wearing a nice coat and dress.

I'm sorry, but how is Kate showing off her bump? She's wearing a loose coat dress, which is about the best she can do at this point.

Nobody said she was showing off her bump, in fact the exact opposite.

She looks pretty IMO. Don't care much about the hat but the yellow coat is very nice. Certainly her best pregnancy look so far.

Okay, what the hell can she wear that will make some of you happy? What direction are you demanding she go? Quite frankly, I don't think she'll ever have anything that will satisfy you so perhaps you need to ignore her very existence. I know that will cut into your daily complaint quota but society as a whole would benefit.

I actually love the hat. It's one of my favorite Kate hats. I also love the color of the dress. That shade of yellow looks really nice on her.

The only outfits I liked were the ones worn by Mette Marit and Mathilde's pink outfit. I wasn't too keen on Letizia's and I couldn't see Mary's outfit that well. As for Marie, with the exceptions of one or two outfits, I wasn't too fond of her pregnancy style.

I think Kate (like the other royal ladies) has had some good pregnancy outfits and some not so good ones. It's really hard to know how to dress, when your body is changing every day. This is especially true when it's your first pregnancy. I imagine when/if she gets pregnant again, she may venture out and try other styles.

IMO though, Kate's pregnancy style has been pretty good. There have been a few things I didn't care for, but most of her outfits I've liked.

Last edited:
She looks very pretty in the yellow. Yellow is such a hard color to wear and she does it pretty damn well here.

Not everyone is going to like other peoples fashion choices. That's just reality. Catherine do her own thing and express her personality in her fashion too.

I'm used to seeing royal ladies in brooches so I think Catherine could've used a diamond brooch but never mind.

IMO, the silly hats Kate is prone to wear have been around so long that they are no longer in style. I can't for the life of me figure out why the front horozontal seam was put where it is. Makes it look tacky and home made. Lots of her clothing looks loving hands made at home. Not a look I like.

The front horizontal seam in the middle? My guess would be it is there to allow for more width to cover up the bump without extending like a tent below. It's not included in version shown in above Website with the link to a shop, therefor IMHO it is clearly a sign that the duchess had some alterations made to allow her to wear this item during the last months of her pregnancy.

All in all I like it, bright colour, lovely for springtime. Plus I am happy to see something else instead of the oolka-dot-topshop-dress ;).

Last edited:
I love the color but I dislike the print. Also, the hat is just awful!

Kate looked good! I like the yellow with the nude pumps, the hat not so much.

More pictures; Kate's a sunny delight! Blossoming Duchess of Cambridge brightens up Buckingham Palace garden party in canary yellow coat | Mail Online

Hat is go awful but she's never worn a hat I have liked. The colour is okay for summer, but the whole coat thing she does is boring me.

Love, love,love this look! This is how you do yellow- a nice lemonade yellow without being Big Bird bright. Kate just rocks it! Love the hat too. The overall look just screams elegant.
Sunshine inside and out!

Last edited:
I like the whole look, hat and all, including the color. I also like it when she pulls her hair back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom