The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-24-2013, 03:08 PM
Nobility

I love the style, and colour, but i do wish that someone @ Emilia Wickstead knew how to seam properly.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
How likely is it that we would ever know if something like that occured?
The first person we'd hear it from would be the designer. We haven't heard anything like that yet ... it's unlikely that we ever will.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:11 PM
Royal Highness

A lovely dress for this evening's reception. This is my favourite of Kate's maternity wear so far. Loving the shoes too.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:12 PM
Nobility

I like the overall look - the style, the color, the way she has her hair slightly pulled back. I think it might have looked even better with a simple necklace or something, but perhaps not. The earrings are lovely.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Because they made it clear before the wedding that freebies wouldn't be accepted and there is no way, IMO, that they would go back on that as the fallout would be enormous.
The fallout would be enormous, IF, we knew about it. That's all i'm saying.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It would never stay secret, never. Unfair advantage, favouritism etc. the claws would be out.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-24-2013, 03:20 PM
Heir Apparent

That's a gorgeous color and a pretty style, but I feel the outfit called for fancier shoes other than those gray suede ones. Silver shoes would have gone beautifully with the aqua. And her hair looks lovely pulled back to display those very nice earrings; I like the curls in back.

Edited to add: I saw later photos of the dress and have to say that the bodice does look very bunched and ill-fitting, especially in the back where it puffs out. But this is one of her better pregnancy looks to date.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:22 PM
Majesty

All I can say is, WOW!!! Catherine is simply stunning tonight.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 04-24-2013, 03:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
No one can keep a secret these days. There is always some disgruntled person willing to sell you out, no matter if a story is true or not, for 15 minutes of fame and a bit of $$$$.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:23 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
It would never stay secret, never. Unfair advantage, favouritism etc. the claws would be out.
It would quite easily stay secret, Emilia Wickstead happens to come buy your house, and happens to have a dress in her car, and she happens to leave it at their house. Who exactly is going to tell? Emilia gets publicity for her awful sewing and Catherine gets a dress.

Before, anyone starts, I am NOT saying Catherine or Pippa get freebies. I am just saying that IMO it would be very easy for them to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
No one can keep a secret these days.
Hate to say this, but that statement isn't true.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
That's a gorgeous color and a pretty style, but I feel the outfit called for fancier shoes other than those gray suede ones. Silver shoes would have gone beautifully with the aqua. And her hair looks lovely pulled back to display those very nice earrings.
Yes - I like the shoes, but something a bit more "polished" and distinct from the dress might have been better.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
It would quite easily stay secret, Emilia Wickstead happens to come buy your house, and happens to have a dress in her car, and she happens to leave it at their house. Who exactly is going to tell? Emilia gets publicity for her awful sewing and Catherine gets a dress.
How would Emilia (or whoever) get publicity if she didn't speak out? Someone is always ready to "out" a secret, even if it's the person involved. Nancy Reagan was found out very quickly when she accepted free gowns.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:40 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrit View Post
How would Emilia (or whoever) get publicity if she didn't speak out? Someone is always ready to "out" a secret, even if it's the person involved. Nancy Reagan was found out very quickly when she accepted free gowns.
Because when Catherine wears the dress, it'll be reported as an Emilia Wickstead dress, just like it was tonight.
Frankly I disagree, if something is beneficial for both parties then why "out" the secret. A designer would earn far more by keeping the secret. Someone undoutedly will bring up the moral argument of taking freebies if I continue this discussion and that would be off the fashion topic.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I was hoping I wouldn't be the only one who thought that! It looks awful, as if it was done this morning. The colour is beautiful though.
Couldn't agree with you guys more. The craftsmanship of this dress is terrible. To me it looks like there should be something added aroudn the seem under the bust of the dress. Kind of like it is unfinished. The color though, is lovely on Catherine. And her hair looked beautiful.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Kate looks super, personally. Different shoes might've been nice, but I'm not going to tell a 6-months pregnant woman what shoes she should wear. If they're comfy and not bedroom slippers or flip-flops then I have no problem with them.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Think she looks lovely, particularly her hair and the colour of the frock. I even like the style. But the material is wrong, it shouldn't be that stiff and sticking out. And as usual with Wick stead, it isn't well made, It looks like something I made, and I'm pretty bad at dressmaking.
I don't know how bad you are <friendly wink> but it definately looks as if a well-meaning amateur has designed and fashioned that dress. Why doesn't she ask Angela Kelly to either make or at least check her dresses before wearing them? HM is always so well-dressed!
Old 04-24-2013, 05:02 PM
Royal Highness

Catherine is so feminine, princessy and beautiful tonight, I always loved that shade of blue, it always makes a women look younger and it goes well with her skin. About the dress itself, I'm not particulary amazed with that cut and style, as its a bit regular and not to mention that it looks a bit bad made, but overall, it suits Catherine a lot!

Always loved the earrings and I really like her simple yet so pretty hairstyle.

About the shoes, gosh, I have always issues with her shoes. I like them but not for this dress or evening event. A more "polished" and "elegant" shoes would have made it perfect. However, it doesn't look horrible either, so I'll not complain much.

As I thought, pregnancy makes Catherine shine in Dresses. A true beauty, LOVE her.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Love the dress! The color is beautiful and the style is very classic and elegant. One of my favorite looks from her.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:24 PM
Heir Apparent

She look wonderful! Everything works, especially the hair and earrings. That dress is so cute.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:44 PM
Aristocracy

I like the color and the fabric of the dress, I even like the style, but I agree that whoever sewed the dress should be flogged. Seriously, all the bunching and puckering at the waist is just awful. It's even worse from the back.

Also not crazy about the grey suede shoes, but I'm not about to tell a pregnant woman what to put on her feet. If those are comfortable and don't cause her pain while standing, go for it.

Love her hair and her earrings.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion