The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-22-2013, 11:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Kate has worn some stunning/elegant clothing in the past...she just doesn't seem to have found equal footing in maternity wear overall...as of yet.

LaRae
I'd add that her maternity public appearances have all been short rather than long dresses and nothing formal. Many were in winter coats. It's hard to stun in a winter coat. I think her superb choices overall have been the long evening dresses and the formal dresses - especially overseas last year.

Old 04-23-2013, 01:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post

Then why keep looking at it?
I only had one look and I hated it. This is the first time I feel she hasn't looked good during her pregnancy, and I like the coats. This one unfortunately does look like a sack. Despite that she definitely has made better choices than Victoria. As for Kate's boring style one woman who looked great while pregnant was Princess Mary.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 04-23-2013, 01:55 AM
Heir Apparent

i'm not too keen on the style but the colour is beautiful and very "spring-y"! it's a shame she doesn't choose any maternity wear - that way she could maybe pull off clothes that are less rectangular and have more of a shape, to avoid looking like a sack, as mentioned earlier by the posters. but it's her decision, she must surely be tired of people talking about her pregnancy: dressing like this avoids comments on her bump, her pregnancy, the baby... and helps the media concentrate on what's happening.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-23-2013, 05:16 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
It really comes down to who your preferred royal lady is. Anything she wears will be exciting and beautiful. Anything other royal ladies wear will be torn down to prop your preferred lady up.
Thats the easy way of putting it IMO but not necessarily correct. I have seen many posts across the thread of X royal fans not liking what the royal is wearing. I have seen some members criticize and praise Kate's outfits.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I'd add that her maternity public appearances have all been short rather than long dresses and nothing formal. Many were in winter coats. It's hard to stun in a winter coat. I think her superb choices overall have been the long evening dresses and the formal dresses - especially overseas last year.
A very astute comment.

I particularly like the sentence: "It's hard to stun in a winter coat."
Old 04-23-2013, 07:16 AM
Courtier

I think if she wore actual maternity wear it might present a better look....sometimes her clothes just don't look like they fit right and it throws everything off.

LaRae
Old 04-23-2013, 07:31 AM
Nobility

I don't think we're going to see Kate take risks any more than we'll see the Queen take risks, or Sophie Wessex or Camilla or the Princess Royal. And when they do step a little outside the box (Sophie with her skin-fitting Easter outfit, Kate with her short skirts), they get trumpets in the media headlines ... and not in such a good way.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:39 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Not quite right. We have seen a lot of coats but then again we have mainlky seen her outside - its the UK, its been cold so what else would she wear. But we have seen the DVF wrap dress and the black dress/white collar at the bereavement trust.

What she wears is her style - some of you find it boring and that's ok but she will wear what she is comfortable with whether pregnant or not. She isn't into pushing the boundaries of fashion (well, not yet!)
Pants?
Old 04-23-2013, 07:47 AM
Courtier

I for one don't care to see any of them taking risks....the only issue I've ever really had with Kate's clothing is sometimes they don't fit right. Usually I like her style and color choices.

Pants...have any of them ever worn pants to an official engagement other than when it's something like the Olympics or horse related events?

LaRae
Old 04-23-2013, 07:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrit View Post
I don't think we're going to see Kate take risks any more than we'll see the Queen take risks, or Sophie Wessex or Camilla or the Princess Royal. And when they do step a little outside the box (Sophie with her skin-fitting Easter outfit, Kate with her short skirts), they get trumpets in the media headlines ... and not in such a good way.

I agree; I think Kate is less concerned with exciting and more concerned with appropriate.

I've long thought that she is deliberately trying to avoid becoming the fashion icon that Diana was (everything Diana wore was analyzed and trumpeted in the media).

That might be the reason she repeats many of her outfits, buys High Street wares, and often goes in for muted colors.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:08 AM
Courtier

Today Kate is wearing that dress :) ERDEM
Erdem*|*Sophia floral-print silk-crepe dress*|*NET-A-PORTER.COM
Old 04-23-2013, 09:44 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I agree; I think Kate is less concerned with exciting and more concerned with appropriate.

I've long thought that she is deliberately trying to avoid becoming the fashion icon that Diana was (everything Diana wore was analyzed and trumpeted in the media).

That might be the reason she repeats many of her outfits, buys High Street wares, and often goes in for muted colors.
Everything Kate wears is analyzed and trumpeted in the media (and now the internet world as well).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I for one don't care to see any of them taking risks....the only issue I've ever really had with Kate's clothing is sometimes they don't fit right. Usually I like her style and color choices.

Pants...have any of them ever worn pants to an official engagement other than when it's something like the Olympics or horse related events?

LaRae
I agree that's her biggest problem! Now that she's pregnant is even more evident because everyone is analyzing whether it fits the bump or not, but the problem has always been there, IMO
Old 04-23-2013, 09:46 AM
Heir Apparent

It's the nature of the position she married into. There will always be overwhelming scutiny no matter if the person is a fashion lover or not.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:58 AM
Royal Highness

Catherine looking lovely and radiant today! More pictures.
Duchess of Cambridge wears £1,065 dress for visit to school on Manchester's poverty-stricken 'Shameless' estate | Mail Online
Old 04-23-2013, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Love Sunday's outfit- not sure about today's.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:28 AM
Serene Highness

The print is a bit busy but overall I like it!
Old 04-23-2013, 10:35 AM
Heir Apparent

I love the cut, especially the neckline. I like the dress but I think the pattern doesn't lend well to a pregnant belly. The pregnancy makes the pattern pull and look unbalanced IMO.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:37 AM
Heir Apparent

I like the style, the length and the neckline, but not the busy print, although strong colors do look great on her. And the fit is perfect; no uneven hemlines.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Pants?
Are you suggesting that wearing pants or not are an either / or choice? I really do hope she was wearing pants with her Erdem dress today - In the UK, its not something we like to speculate too much about!
Old 04-23-2013, 10:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Actually, I think she would look very elegant in a nice pants suit. A pair of slacks would have looked great with one of her shorter coats, like the blue tartan one, and would certainly help in the chilly weather as well.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion