The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a gorgeous color and a pretty style, but I feel the outfit called for fancier shoes other than those gray suede ones. Silver shoes would have gone beautifully with the aqua. And her hair looks lovely pulled back to display those very nice earrings.

Yes - I like the shoes, but something a bit more "polished" and distinct from the dress might have been better.

It would quite easily stay secret, Emilia Wickstead happens to come buy your house, and happens to have a dress in her car, and she happens to leave it at their house. Who exactly is going to tell? Emilia gets publicity for her awful sewing and Catherine gets a dress. :flowers:

How would Emilia (or whoever) get publicity if she didn't speak out? Someone is always ready to "out" a secret, even if it's the person involved. Nancy Reagan was found out very quickly when she accepted free gowns.

How would Emilia (or whoever) get publicity if she didn't speak out? Someone is always ready to "out" a secret, even if it's the person involved. Nancy Reagan was found out very quickly when she accepted free gowns.

Because when Catherine wears the dress, it'll be reported as an Emilia Wickstead dress, just like it was tonight.
Frankly I disagree, if something is beneficial for both parties then why "out" the secret. A designer would earn far more by keeping the secret. Someone undoutedly will bring up the moral argument of taking freebies if I continue this discussion and that would be off the fashion topic. :flowers:

I was hoping I wouldn't be the only one who thought that! It looks awful, as if it was done this morning. The colour is beautiful though.
Couldn't agree with you guys more. The craftsmanship of this dress is terrible. To me it looks like there should be something added aroudn the seem under the bust of the dress. Kind of like it is unfinished. The color though, is lovely on Catherine. And her hair looked beautiful.

I think Kate looks super, personally. Different shoes might've been nice, but I'm not going to tell a 6-months pregnant woman what shoes she should wear. If they're comfy and not bedroom slippers or flip-flops then I have no problem with them.

Think she looks lovely, particularly her hair and the colour of the frock. I even like the style. But the material is wrong, it shouldn't be that stiff and sticking out. And as usual with Wick stead, it isn't well made, It looks like something I made, and I'm pretty bad at dressmaking.

I don't know how bad you are <friendly wink> but it definately looks as if a well-meaning amateur has designed and fashioned that dress. Why doesn't she ask Angela Kelly to either make or at least check her dresses before wearing them? HM is always so well-dressed!

Catherine is so feminine, princessy and beautiful tonight, I always loved that shade of blue, it always makes a women look younger and it goes well with her skin. About the dress itself, I'm not particulary amazed with that cut and style, as its a bit regular and not to mention that it looks a bit bad made, but overall, it suits Catherine a lot!

Always loved the earrings and I really like her simple yet so pretty hairstyle.

About the shoes, gosh, I have always issues with her shoes. I like them but not for this dress or evening event. A more "polished" and "elegant" shoes would have made it perfect. However, it doesn't look horrible either, so I'll not complain much.

As I thought, pregnancy makes Catherine shine in Dresses. A true beauty, LOVE her.

She look wonderful! Everything works, especially the hair and earrings. That dress is so cute.

I like the color and the fabric of the dress, I even like the style, but I agree that whoever sewed the dress should be flogged. Seriously, all the bunching and puckering at the waist is just awful. It's even worse from the back.

Also not crazy about the grey suede shoes, but I'm not about to tell a pregnant woman what to put on her feet. If those are comfortable and don't cause her pain while standing, go for it.

Love her hair and her earrings.

I think Catherine looks quite lovely. The color and the hairstyle suit her. Maybe the craftsmanship of the dress is not superb, but Catherine can make almost anything look good, and this is no exception.

I like the blue dress on Kate tonight - it flatters her growing bump but as mentioned there are elements in the cut and sewing of the dress that just arent right.

I have always liked these Rupert Sanderson shoes - they go well with the tone of the dress.

Nice seeing her hair different as well - allowed her to show off those lovely earrings

I was hoping I wouldn't be the only one who thought that! It looks awful, as if it was done this morning. The colour is beautiful though.

I was thinking it looked homemade myself. Agreed it is a beautiful color and she was glowing!

I was thinking it looked homemade myself. Agreed it is a beautiful color and she was glowing!

Add me to the growing list of people who think the same thing.

The puckering in the front is fine, but the puckering in the back looks terrible. My mother, who is not on the same level as this designer, could do a much better job.

Love the dress, love the look. But it was pulled taut across the bust and so the back was less than perfectly tailored. I just never thought I would ever see the DOC in a too tight bust-line! ;) Maternity is a marvelous thing and I hope she is enjoying every minute of these last two trimesters!

She looked amazing! And definitely glowing! Nice to see her in great health

She's looks lovely nice , but is that color Indicates for a sign ? ,, blue color means a baby Boy !! & maybe means nothing ! , who knows !

Not a big fan of the bunching under the bust area, but other than that, I love this dress - the color is really lovely. I also like her hair pulled back like that.

I have to say that this is probably one of my favorite maternity outfits that she has worn.

LOVE the color and style....but can someone at the palace (or Wills) please spring to have some alterations done on her dresses so they fit properly...this seems to be an ongoing issue.

LaRae

Her hair and the color and fabric of the dress are just superb. They almost mask the poor design/sewing/pressing job.
This is not a dress she will be able to wear next week, let alone next month, there is very little room. A nice, self same sash, under the bust would have finished it more. The center seam of the skirt is what really makes this look like a homemade project.The bust fits very well but the shot I saw from the back, horrors, the bodice just looks weird

Last edited:
IMO, she looks wonderful today. This is a dress I would like to have on my closet. It's the best outfit she's worn since pregnant and one of the bests ever

Are we sure her shoes are gray? They look bluish to me. I hope the skirt length makes certain people happy.

Well, now that you mentioned it, I LOVE the skirt length, actually; it's very flattering.

Last edited:
The skirt length of this dress looks so much better on her due to how she is built.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom