The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-20-2013, 11:59 AM
Courtier

I'm sure she is wearing what shoes are the most comfortable and she feels the most secure in walking. Her feet may be getting a little larger and maybe the suede shoes have a little more give. I think most pregnant woman try to draw attention to other features when they are pregnant. Many women (especially ones with nice legs) try to show off their legs to look a little less frumpy. i think she has put together a very nice working wardrobe so far.

I do wonder if when she has an event with HM she has her asstistant call over to Angela Kelly to see what color the Queen will be wearing that day. This is their 4th event together and they havent hit the same color yet.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:04 PM
Royal Highness

I like today's outfit much more than yesterday's ensemble.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I'm sure she is wearing what shoes are the most comfortable and she feels the most secure in walking. Her feet may be getting a little larger and maybe the suede shoes have a little more give. I think most pregnant woman try to draw attention to other features when they are pregnant. Many women (especially ones with nice legs) try to show off their legs to look a little less frumpy. i think she has put together a very nice working wardrobe so far.

I do wonder if when she has an event with HM she has her asstistant call over to Angela Kelly to see what color the Queen will be wearing that day. This is their 4th event together and they havent hit the same color yet.
I was wondering the same thing.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:44 PM
Courtier

The coat today look like it the same length as the coat from yesterday
Old 03-20-2013, 01:53 PM
Nobility

I'm still quite in love with yesterday's outfit, but today's outfit is lovely, too. Great coat, well accessorized.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I liked yesterday's coat better than today's. All in all, I think she looked lovely on both days.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:37 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Has it been confirmed as Malene Birger coat and the same one CP Mary wore?

The hat i think is a repeat from a friends wedding back in January 2011. It is very cute and suits Kate well.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:56 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess looks lovely today. The coat has a great color and style.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I'm sure she is wearing what shoes are the most comfortable and she feels the most secure in walking. Her feet may be getting a little larger and maybe the suede shoes have a little more give...
You are probably right. Remember that almost all pregnant women have a little edema (swelling) in their feet as their body adjusts to the additional demands for blood and amniotic fluid for the baby.

Such swelling is not considered serious, unless her ankles start to swell. No evidence of that so far.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
Goodness me is it Victorian times!
I swear some people will not be happy until she takes to wearing Hijab so her hair and the rest of her body will be completely covered. They want to turn a 31 yr old good looking woman with a good body into a senior citizen.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Has it been confirmed as Malene Birger coat and the same one CP Mary wore?
Malene apparently confirmed it wasn't her coat, but it's the same as Mary's 2006 coat. I looked back in Mary threads and couldn't find a confirmation of the coat designer.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I swear some people will not be happy until she takes to wearing Hijab so her hair and the rest of her body will be completely covered. They want to turn a 31 yr old good looking woman with a good body into a senior citizen.
I think some of are getting good use out of our smelling salts, for it seems to have been revealed that both the Queen and the future queen have - and I hesitate even to say this word - ankles. It appears the young Duchess even has KNEES! That would imply that they both possess legs! Everyone, keep your wives and children indoors, and make sure to keep all the furniture covered, for I believe tables might have legs too!

(Sorry, my brain went on a little wander there. I think that Kate looks great, and seems to be looking better all the time. I've liked her style in general all along, though.)
Old 03-20-2013, 04:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

Malene apparently confirmed it wasn't her coat, but it's the same as Mary's 2006 coat. I looked back in Mary threads and couldn't find a confirmation of the coat designer.

Yes, it's the same as Mary's 2006 coat.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&ref=nf
Old 03-20-2013, 04:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlklhm View Post
Yes, it's the same as Mary's 2006 coat.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&ref=nf
Never said it wasn't. Malene denied the coat Catherine wore was from her collection.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:13 PM
Heir Apparent

I have trying to work out how come Catherine is wearing in 2013 a coat from a 2006 collection. easy. Mary gave it too her when Catherine and William went to Denmark. dress agency for royals!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-20-2013, 04:18 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I have trying to work out how come Catherine is wearing in 2013 a coat from a 2006 collection. easy. Mary gave it too her when Catherine and William went to Denmark. dress agency for royals!
Why would Mary give Catherine a coat, a woman she barely knows and she's met once?
Old 03-20-2013, 04:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

She's looked great in these 3 appearances.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Why would Mary give Catherine a coat, a woman she barely knows and she's met once?
It doesn't matter how well you know the person, it's a lovely gesture from Mary indeed. What does Mary need her maternity cast offs for?
Old 03-20-2013, 05:05 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Sigh another pretty coat that is too short, in the front even shorter than the backside because it isnt proper maternity wear. I am already tired of those short coats with thick tights, I hope its getting warm soon.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:09 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Sigh another pretty coat that is too short, in the front even shorter than the backside because it isnt proper maternity wear. I am already tired of those short coats with thick tights, I hope its getting warm soon.
Not going to happen unless Catherine does engagements abroad anytime soon. We're supposed to be cold until at least the end of March.

As for her coat, yesterday I agreed the coat looked short because it wasn't raised from the bump. Today, Catherine looks okay, the dress is above the knee by 2cm, but it doesn't look as short as yesterday. Design is everything I'm learning.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion