The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-12-2018, 12:49 PM
Courtier

Commonwealth Day Service & Reception caption: LONDON, ENGLAND - MARCH 12: (L-R) Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William, Duke of Cambridge attend the 2018 Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey on March 12, 2018 in London, England. (Photo by Chris Jackson/Chris Jackson/Getty Images) link: http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/ne...hoto/930954220

VERY pregnant looking, and still so regal and put together. I wish I wore maternity this well!

YES, @hel I think you're correct, the hat is a repeat, just not with this particular ensemble.

Be a good person.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:52 PM
Majesty

I don’t think anyone does pregnancy fashion better than Catherine.

Old 03-12-2018, 12:56 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I actually was expecting this navy outfit as a repeat today at the service. Its good to see her dig it out from the last pregnancy.

Old 03-12-2018, 01:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lovely navy outfit for Kate. The hat is great with this outfit and the brooch is a nice touch.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Kate looks great today. I liked this outfit the first time she wore it, so I’m really glad that she pulled it out again.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
Lovely navy outfit for Kate. The hat is great with this outfit and the brooch is a nice touch.

She looks wonderful.

(The hats she seems to favor are generally from either Jane Taylor or from Lock & Co.
I usually like the Lock hats better).
Old 03-12-2018, 03:17 PM
Serene Highness

She looks really good here. Love that shade of blue on her.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:55 PM
Heir Apparent

The dress is very pretty but the 2nd hat is horrible in my opinion. I don't know why she has 2 hats but she should have stuck to the side one. The other one looks like she is wearing a lamp shade.
The color is very beautiful btw.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 03-12-2018, 03:55 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I like this outfit, would have preferred the older version with the hair up to make an appearance. I don't like the hat with this ensemble or flowing hair, as it makes her look childish.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent

After HM, who looks spectacular btw, Catherine is best dressed. She looks beautifully pregnant, which suits her (I think it will be a boy!) and her hat and jewelry are perfect.
Why does everyone expect this coat? When did she wear it before, she has SO many!
I only long for gloves.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
After HM, who looks spectacular btw, Catherine is best dressed. She looks beautifully pregnant, which suits her (I think it will be a boy!) and her hat and jewelry are perfect.
Why does everyone expect this coat? When did she wear it before, she has SO many!
I only long for gloves.
She may have a lot of coat dresses, but very few that are suitable for the occasion, time of year, AND her advanced pregnancy.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:45 PM
Majesty

There was clearly a bit of co-ordination between the senior Windsor ladies to wear navy blue. They all came out with slightly different takes on the theme, but it all seemed to work quite well, IMO.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:08 PM
Administrator

The discussion about the brooch the Duchess of Cambridge has worn today, has been deleted, as we have an extra thread for her jewels and as the same discussion has already been led at that thread. Thank you for your understanding!
Old 03-12-2018, 06:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
The hat is also a repeat, though, isn't it? Isn't it the Lock and Co hat she wore in March 2017 at the Afghanistan Memorial Unveiling held at the Horse Guards? Pictures here: https://www.harpersbazaar.com/uk/cul...ial-unveiling/
Loved both ensembles but I think I understand that today it was all about comfort and the coat and dress fit and last year's hat makes her features look finer at a time when she doesn't really want the undiluted glare of the cameras on her face.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:21 PM
Majesty

Really lovely coat. Nice to see again. Love she added a brooch

As much as I love a proper hat, I am not a fan of this one. It seems too big on her. I didn't like it the first time. Sad, because I usually go crazy for real hats.

Along with the memorial she wore the hat to, she has also worn it in private it seems. On the way to church near Balmoral.

https://fi.pinterest.com/pin/84935142956506394/
Old 03-13-2018, 12:33 AM
Heir Apparent

She looks great! Love the navy outfit.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:46 AM
Courtier

I think she looked fabulous. The hat was tricky but she pulled it off! Lovely.
Old 03-13-2018, 01:53 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Her last engagement it seems will be St Patricks day parade - I'm half expecting to see a repeat (fingers crossed) of the outfit she wore to it when pregnant with Charlotte. It was a Catherine Walker brown coat and hat. Seems prudent at this stage of her pregnancy - she is about the same distance along

Old 03-13-2018, 03:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Her last engagement it seems will be St Patricks day parade - I'm half expecting to see a repeat (fingers crossed) of the outfit she wore to it when pregnant with Charlotte. It was a Catherine Walker brown coat and hat. Seems prudent at this stage of her pregnancy - she is about the same distance along
I agree either that brown Catherine Walker (which was my back up guess for the Commonwealth service) or if she can still fit into it - the green Catherine Walker coat she wore the first day in Sweden.

I think she is a little further along than before - I expect this baby to appear in about 30 days.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I agree either that brown Catherine Walker (which was my back up guess for the Commonwealth service) or if she can still fit into it - the green Catherine Walker coat she wore the first day in Sweden.

I think she is a little further along than before - I expect this baby to appear in about 30 days.

Perhaps one of her white coats, with green accessories?

(I think you are right about the birth; it probably will be closer to the beginning of April than at the end of the month).

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion