The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-28-2018, 06:14 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cambridge in a recycled blue Seraphine dress at the first annual Royal Foundation Forum in London today, February 28:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Upper part 3 ** January 2018 **

Old 02-28-2018, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Blue really suits the duchess but was surprised not to see her wearing an over coat given the bitterly cold weather in London!

Old 02-28-2018, 07:02 AM
Administrator

She took it off prior to the event. Here's an arrival photo where she can be seen wearing a dark coat inside the car

** Photo **
Old 02-28-2018, 08:23 AM
Heir Apparent

OK really... she's inside, when people are inside they tend to take off the coats they wore outside.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 02-28-2018, 08:32 AM
Nobility

I don't know why but her coat in yesterday gave me some "Camilla's vibe", it is like something Camilla will wear......I don't know why. And the buttons match her pendant . She really looks great in blue.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:19 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
OK really... she's inside, when people are inside they tend to take off the coats they wore outside.
The Duchess quite often leaves her coat on inside, especially her light and mid weight coats.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Duchess of Cambridge in a recycled blue Seraphine dress at the first annual Royal Foundation Forum in London today, February 28:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Upper part 3 ** January 2018 **
I love the dress. Very simple, elegant and beautiful.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:20 PM
Courtier

She looks lovely. Love the color!
Old 02-28-2018, 01:42 PM
Courtier

The color looks nice but when Kate sits it looks like her bust line sits right on top of her belly. I know she's pregnant but this looks unfortunate.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
The color looks nice but when Kate sits it looks like her bust line sits right on top of her belly. I know she's pregnant but this looks unfortunate.
It looks that way because at this point it does She's about 8 months along now and the baby is growing like crazy.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:01 PM
Courtier

I like her outfit, but she just looks so tired...(..)

Quote:
Well, yes, at some stage in a pregnancy, there really is no room anymore...The bust line sits on top the belly naturally, I'm afraid!
Old 02-28-2018, 02:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Have you ever been pregnant? There comes a point where unless you are standing all the time this is going to happen. I mean really is it necessary to be this nitpicky on a woman who is 8 months pregnant?

LaRae
Old 02-28-2018, 02:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Really ! This is what a pregnant woman looks like it isn’t “unfortunate “
Old 02-28-2018, 02:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Madame Verseau, don't get offended if we've all had such reaction, I think it's all from women who have felt slightly uncomfortable in their 8th months of pregnancies!! Let's just say that maybe what you meant was that you've seen the Duchess in more flattering outfits
Old 02-28-2018, 02:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
I like her outfit, but she just looks so tired...I feel for her. Honestly, at this point in a pregnancy, no matter how much help you have, you just want to lie on the sofa in your sweatpants...and with two little ones....oh boy...I hope she goes on maternity leave soon!
But then people would complain she's not pulling her weight when they're officially "full time royals" now. And sadly, most pregnant women work right up to their due dates as full time professionals. I'm guessing St. Patrick's Day will be her final engagement, but maybe she'll work further out given their now full time status.

It's sad that there is so much commentary on her work ethic, especially when you talk to her patronages and they have such wonderful things to say about the work she's done for them!

I don't think she looks tired though! She's looked great these last few weeks! I love all the blue, she wears it well. But I especially like the cornflower color! And the bust and cut of this Seraphine dress is perfect for this stage in pregnancy! It doesn't look like it's pulling and it looks so comfy and quite warm!

Be a good person.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:35 PM
Majesty

Kate in a new dress tonight by Orla Kiely

https://www.orlakiely.com/clothing/d...dress-in-black

LaRae
Old 02-28-2018, 03:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Very elegant !!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/20...9849689237.jpg
Old 02-28-2018, 03:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

LaRae
oh. I'm not sure about this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
It actually looks better on her than on the Orla Kiely's website. Still I'm not sure about all these prints, lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters View Post
But then people would complain she's not pulling her weight when they're officially "full time royals" now. And sadly, most pregnant women work right up to their due dates as full time professionals. I'm guessing St. Patrick's Day will be her final engagement, but maybe she'll work further out given their now full time status.

It's sad that there is so much commentary on her work ethic, especially when you talk to her patronages and they have such wonderful things to say about the work she's done for them!

I don't think she looks tired though! She's looked great these last few weeks! I love all the blue, she wears it well. But I especially like the cornflower color! And the bust and cut of this Seraphine dress is perfect for this stage in pregnancy! It doesn't look like it's pulling and it looks so comfy and quite warm!
Maybe I'm just remembering how I felt at that stage of my pregnancies and see her tired!

I agree with all you said. Especially the love for the cornflower blue!

I don't think she's "bare-legged" as the Daily Mail is stating.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:52 PM
Administrator

A couple of posts that were no longer discussing the Duchess of Cambridge's fashion choices have been removed as off-topic! Thanks you for your understanding!
Old 02-28-2018, 03:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

LaRae
I love that she's taking some risks in her evening wear, and I think this one works. But I don't think it would work if she wasn't pregnant, does that make sense? The cut and pattern work well with her belly, she isn't swallowed by it, but worn non-maternity, I think it would just wear her. I like it. It's different, and a fashion risk for her.

And dear Lord, thank you for not going to Erdem again!

Be a good person.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion