The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-09-2018, 11:49 AM
Royal Highness

I hope the Duchess, who is NO PART of this industry, [and its absurd theatrics] wears whatsoever she planned to wear for the event, regardless of their tardy 'protest'...

White would be GOOD !

Old 02-09-2018, 01:46 PM
Majesty

Yes because we all know that wearing black clothing will somehow change the predatory practices of men/women who are involved in them....where is that eye roll icon?

No one said anything about forcing anyone to wear X ....the point is like it or not the BRF generally doesn't get involved in these types of things. If the women who marry into the family don't like being unable to 'protest' or voice their views about X topic they should not marry into the institution.

LaRae

Old 02-09-2018, 02:05 PM
Nobility

Without getting into the politics of it, I think the Duchess could be very diplomatic in her choice by wearing something that is primarily black but also has a bit of color or other interest to it. Although this is not a maternity gown, it's somewhat like what I would consider a diplomatic compromise
https://www.net-a-porter.com/us/en/p...end-satin-gown
Old 02-09-2018, 02:23 PM
Royal Highness

Women were the victims, not the perpetrators...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Amen ! Absolutely ABSURD [and hypocritical] 'virtue signalling' by an industry that did NOTHING about this for decades, despite EVERYONE being all too well aware what was going on !
Why shouldn’t they wear black to signal their anger and their solidarity? You may say that everybody knew and everybody should have done something about it; that’s just not true.

Many a woman on this forum has experienced sexual harassment or worse, and most never told a soul. You think I told my parents when my adult cousin fondled 12-year-old me? Or when the vice-president of my company groped me in the break room, do you think I went to HR?

Girls and women tend to keep their silence because others- frequently women, as a matter of fact, don’t believe them, or do blame them.

Many of those little girls and young teenagers who were horribly violated by the wretched Larry Nasser didn’t tell- and the ones who did tell...were...not...believed.

So let’s not put the blame on anyone except the creeps who committed these crimes. I see no reason why a woman shouldn’t wear black to protest what has happened to them and to other women.

Moderators: If you deem my comments inappropriate,
I hope you will also delete comments from those who have the opposite opinion.
Thank you.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-09-2018, 02:29 PM
Majesty

Wearing black changes nothing. Ok so they wear black in solidarity..so what? It doesn't stop anyone from preying on another person.

If you want this to stop then you have to change the environment and folks have to speak up. Many many people knew what was going on in Hollywood. The reason it's allowed to continue is no one did anything about it.

You have predators cheered and applauded ...some of these guys (Polanski, Allen etc) folks KNEW ...it was public knowledge sure didn't stop the people in that town from working for them, hanging out for them, giving them awards etc.

Start taking names and kicking ass. Press charges. Go to the media, go to their bosses ..whatever you need to do.

LaRae
Old 02-09-2018, 02:45 PM
Nobility

Wearing black does NOT change nothing. It brings awareness, and hopefully it also sends a signal that women will have your back if you choose to speak up.

Just the fact that we're talking about it in this forum is an example of how it raises awareness.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:49 PM
Majesty

It does nothing to change the behavior of the predators. As long as folks don't name them, press charges etc they will continue.

LaRae
Old 02-09-2018, 03:01 PM
Courtier

The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarebaby View Post
Wearing black does NOT change nothing. It brings awareness, and hopefully it also sends a signal that women will have your back if you choose to speak up.

Just the fact that we're talking about it in this forum is an example of how it raises awareness.

Totally disagree. You’d have to literally live in an area that gets no news to be unaware of what’s going on. It’s all over the news all the time. No one needs to be told what to wear to get the point across. And there is a lot of pressure to conform, which is wrong imo.

I don’t think wearing the same color signifies women will have your back. It shows this has suddenly become the popular thing to do. The entertainment industry has finally deemed this is important. So everyone has to fall in line in the same way.

We’re talking about it because it’s controversial, not because it’s helpful imo.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:23 PM
Heir Apparent

But the discussion of solidarity dressing is off the topic of this thread.

I hope she wears something she feels great in. Back on topic!
Old 02-09-2018, 03:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarebaby View Post
Without getting into the politics of it, I think the Duchess could be very diplomatic in her choice by wearing something that is primarily black but also has a bit of color or other interest to it. Although this is not a maternity gown, it's somewhat like what I would consider a diplomatic compromise
https://www.net-a-porter.com/us/en/p...end-satin-gown

Good idea.
I think something like that might be the diplomatic choice, if she wishes to avoid criticism.

No, it probably won't make much difference, as far as the casting couch goes.
There will always be people desperate to break into show business, and others who will exploit that desperation.

Still, won't hurt to hop on the bandwagon, and it might hurt to abstain.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
it might hurt to abstain.
I REPEAT, the Duchess of Cambridge is not part of the business that tolerated this abuse [for so VERY long]. She is there in her official capacity as a senior member of the BRF, that doesn't EVER 'take sides' or indulge in activism of ANY sort.

It would be a grave error to do so now.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
I REPEAT, the Duchess of Cambridge is not part of the business that tolerated this abuse [for so VERY long]. She is there in her official capacity as a senior member of the BRF, that doesn't EVER 'take sides' or indulge in activism of ANY sort.

It would be a grave error to do so now.

These days no one is exempt from the PC police.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:05 PM
Majesty

If virtue signalling luvvies, who ignored the issue for decades, want to do this, that’s one thing but it has zero to do with Catherine.

Having said that, she will probably wear something black or partially black. She attended this event last year and basically wore black.

But regardless of what colour she wears, she is above the politics of It all.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:37 PM
Majesty

As far as I am aware, the only area in which the Royals absolutely must abstain is politics and the culture of the 'casting couch', sexual and physical abuse has nothing whatsoever to do with politics and everything to do with power.

The UK has adequate laws to deal with sexual and physical abuse so, to lend support to the idea of breaking the culture of silence is a whole different thing. Camilla supports the aftercare of rape victims so is it such a great leap for the Duchess to say "I may never have been a victim but I stand with those who are trying to end a culture of silence" and wear a black or deep, deep, purple gown to the BAFTA's?.

Personally, I do not think so and would love to see her in an elegant black or purple velvet gown. Why velvet? I just love velvet, it is it looks rich and warm.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
If virtue signalling luvvies, who ignored the issue for decades, want to do this, that’s one thing but it has zero to do with Catherine.

Having said that, she will probably wear something black or partially black. She attended this event last year and basically wore black.

But regardless of what colour she wears, she is above the politics of It all.

Didn't she wear that gorgeous print dress last year? Black background with the flowers (I think flowers)?

LaRae
Old 02-09-2018, 07:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Didn't she wear that gorgeous print dress last year? Black background with the flowers (I think flowers)?

LaRae
Yup that’s the one.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:36 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Yup that’s the one.
The gorgeous McQueen gown----sigh so lovely and so not maternity friendly Too bad.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:22 PM
Majesty

Yes she looked just stunning in that...IIRC people gasped when she walked out in it.

She looked just lovely in that McQueen gown in Norway...she might even wear that again!

LaRae
Old 02-09-2018, 09:21 PM
Commoner

Trackies and her husband's shirts soon enough :)
Old 02-10-2018, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Catherine's blue coat is gorgeous and I love shade of blue, it's quite vibrant. It adds a bit of colour to winter without being too out of season.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion