The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-08-2018, 12:40 PM
Serene Highness

I assume Catherine buys and orders her wardrobe a few months in advance and especially true for a maternity wardrobe. Each pregnancy has been 1-2 months earlier in the season than the previous - so more warm coats and less repeats of her lighter weight dresses and coats.

Goat seemed to be a popular brand for this pregnancy and she probably bought the dresses and coats in all in one batch. I assume this is a coat she had bought and had not yet worn yet. It is a lovely coat, cut and color and very flattering on her. Glad she got to wear it.

We are nearing her final month of appearances (I assume St Patricks Day will be her last appearance - and maybe a reappearance of the Green Catherine Walker from Day 1 of Sweden).

Old 02-08-2018, 03:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Duchess of Cambridge in a blue Goat coat in Wickford today, February 7:

** Full view ** Upper part **
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Meh not a fan. Too short, out of proportion. The color is okay.

LaRae
I love the colour and style of the coat and, with its high neck and a bonus, she doesn't need a scarf. However, IMO the coat is far too short, especially with her pregnancy. It makes her look top heavy and really unbalanced.

Some people are shoe people, some people are hat people and it seems our Catherine is a coat person but did she really need yet another blue coat? Did none of the coats from the Scandinavian tour still fit? The longer length blue Catherine Walker looks roomier than this one and I don't believe she grew out of it already.

As to her earlier maternity clothes, I don't believe she would have tossed them all since she was often mentioned she would like another child or a little girl.

Old 02-08-2018, 03:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I love the colour and style of the coat and, with its high neck and a bonus, she doesn't need a scarf. However, IMO the coat is far too short, especially with her pregnancy. It makes her look top heavy and really unbalanced.

Some people are shoe people, some people are hat people and it seems our Catherine is a coat person but did she really need yet another blue coat? Did none of the coats from the Scandinavian tour still fit? The longer length blue Catherine Walker looks roomier than this one and I don't believe she grew out of it already.

As to her earlier maternity clothes, I don't believe she would have tossed them all since she was often mentioned she would like another child or a little girl.
Her Scandinavian coats are to warm for London.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well it's been pretty cold this week!
Old 02-08-2018, 07:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Her Scandinavian coats are to warm for London.
No, they are not. It’s cold in London this week.
Also, perhaps she could do this revolutionary thing called ''taking the coat off when inside’’ and wear a dress that would not be too hot.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I love Amal,s ensemble and the camels hair car coat
Old 02-08-2018, 08:54 PM
Majesty

I'd love to see all but the white one again. I think white is too chilly a colour to carry on its own for winter unless you really nail the accessories. What would it look like with say, a gorgeous maroon handbag, gloves and shoes (she has a gorgeous pair of heels in that colour)? The thing is the white coat is a blank canvas and she could paint it any colour she wanted with scarves, bags, gloves, shoes and even hats. An occasional brooch or something wouldn't go amiss and could be a bit of fun.

The junior navy with pleats is gorgeous and again, warm it up with maroon, red, even daring burnt orange or whatever. But it's really an effortlessly elegant coat in a way that the short blue Goat coat will never be.

Why does she do this to us? She does a tour and usually knocks our socks off and then she comes home and her hems zap up four inches and more often than not her accessories are meh.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:09 PM
Serene Highness

1) I think this may be too lightweight for the current temperatures but it is a nice coat.
2) I don't like the belt very much, the rest is okay.
3) I'm not too fond of this coat although the stage of her pregnancy would be about right. She wore it in June in her first pregnancy so it can't be very heavy though.
4) This is a nice coat, but she barely fit into this coat in December.
5) The brown is a nice coat.

The problem is she needs somewhat warm coats and she looks now about like she did in March 2015 while pregnant with Charlotte--so many things don't fit right anymore.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:22 PM
Royal Highness

Catherine walks from the car to the door, maybe 5 minutes for greetings, she doesn’t need heavy-duty winter gear. And even if she is cold this is a simple problem solved by wearing thicker clothes under the coat or wool trousers. She can’t be that cold if she’s wearing shoes and not boots or gloves or anything indicating cold, like she did in Norway for example.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:31 PM
Majesty

The Dalmatian coat she wore in June with George, her last pregnancy she wore it in March. So it seems to be versatile enough for different weather, likely just wearing something warmer under it.

Debate over if Kate will wear black to the BAFTA awards

Duchess of Cambridge faces Bafta dress dilemma as stars plan to wear black in protest
Old 02-09-2018, 12:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
Wow! This coat (and hat) are perfection! Deep brown is a great color! She looks super here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Debate over if Kate will wear black to the BAFTA awards.
Duchess of Cambridge faces Bafta dress dilemma as stars plan to wear black in protest
The hair-do in these pictures is particularly noteworthy. Beautiful, creative up-do. (Great earrings).
Old 02-09-2018, 07:16 AM
Majesty

Since the BRF does what it can to avoid getting involved in debates/politics ...I'm not sure they will wear black 'in protest'

LaRae
Old 02-09-2018, 08:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Since the BRF does what it can to avoid getting involved in debates/politics ...I'm not sure they will wear black 'in protest'

LaRae

I find the idea of forcing clothing choices ridiculous given that they’re protesting people forcing themselves on others. That and I don’t see the point in wearing all black anyhow.

So- I hope not.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

She should wear black. I don't want to imagine the shitstorm of bad pr she will receive if she decides to wear a colour
Old 02-09-2018, 09:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I find the idea of forcing clothing choices ridiculous given that they’re protesting people forcing themselves on others.
Amen ! Absolutely ABSURD [and hypocritical] 'virtue signalling' by an industry that did NOTHING about this for decades, despite EVERYONE being all too well aware what was going on !
Old 02-09-2018, 09:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
She should wear black. I don't want to imagine the shitstorm of bad pr she will receive if she decides to wear a colour

I see your point PR wise. But that is exactly what is wrong with this whole thing. No one should be told what to wear imo.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Amen ! Absolutely ABSURD [and hypocritical] 'virtue signalling' by an industry that did NOTHING about this for decades, despite EVERYONE being all too well aware what was going on !
Thank you for pointing out this fact wyevale about the decades of silence from Hollywood regarding the sexual exploitation of its actors/actresses, crew members and others.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post

And then there’s that. Everyone knew this was a serious problem. But now that they’ve decided it’s an issue- everyone has to dress alike.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

But it was confirmed that Catherine will attend the BAFTA awards this year? I don't think she attended when she was pregnant with George or Charlotte.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion