The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-31-2018, 02:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Might be in the minority here, but I love the blue velvet dress on Kate. It's something different and edgy, but still really appropriate. And she looks divine in this color.

Old 01-31-2018, 02:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
How about FOREVER ? This is DREADFUL...
If this is what they have to offer I'd agree...move on to something else.

LaRae

Sorry Princess Gertrude ..can't see how that blue dress is edgy in any way.

LaRae

Old 01-31-2018, 03:01 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the red check houndstooth- CW coat. I can picture the Princess of Wales wearing it- I could also picture her wearing the blue suit Catherine wore for the Christmas card. Tonight’s evening dress- I love the fabric but something seems off. But compared to last night… This was also Erndem? Now on to Norway! Had something more to say- but forgot. Edit- the blue dress is growing on me…
Old 01-31-2018, 03:15 PM
Serene Highness

The blue Erdem is not my taste - but it is attractive on her (no where in the league as yesterday). It is very elegant (and warm! - lets not forget she arrived by boat). Her evening coat was fabulous and i can see becoming a staple of her wardrobe for cold evenings. i hope more pictures surface from the boat ride.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

I actually quite like this dress. I'm always here for a velvet dress and a funky sleeve, but the bottom could have been more sleek, for my taste. A blue or a pink pump would have been better than the black though.

I'm confused though, did she get a new stylist? These last two dresses are not what I'm used to seeing from her.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
The blue Erdem is not my taste - but it is attractive on her (no where in the league as yesterday). It is very elegant (and warm! - lets not forget she arrived by boat). Her evening coat was fabulous and i can see becoming a staple of her wardrobe for cold evenings. i hope more pictures surface from the boat ride.
I so agree MichelleQ2. It's an elegant and cozy look plus a sartorial nod to Sweden's national color!
Old 01-31-2018, 05:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
Might be in the minority here, but I love the blue velvet dress on Kate. It's something different and edgy, but still really appropriate. And she looks divine in this color.
agree with you
Old 01-31-2018, 05:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Not a great pub for Erdem I fear.... two awful dresses in a row....bad !
Old 01-31-2018, 06:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
I actually quite like this dress. I'm always here for a velvet dress and a funky sleeve, but the bottom could have been more sleek, for my taste. A blue or a pink pump would have been better than the black though.

I'm confused though, did she get a new stylist? These last two dresses are not what I'm used to seeing from her.
It's really retro. Were it short, it would have been something Twiggy modeled back in the 60s. It's not a horror, it's just not what we expected. I think both Kate and Vic were sort of evening casual tonight.

And how weird is it that Vic carried a blue clutch with a black skirt and Kate wore black shoes with the blue dress? I swear, they kibitzed ahead of time on their looks.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm really bemused by the contrast of the day and evening wear thus far on the trip. To wear Erdem two evenings in a row also seems 'wrong' .
Old 01-31-2018, 09:26 PM
Majesty

Another day where there were two extremes. Excellent day, horrid evening.

I love the houndstooth coat. Fantastic color and style on her. Hope to see again

The white dress was lovely. But like yesterday, could have used a brooch.

But the evening look There was nothing edgy or vintage about it. If her mother had been pregnant in the 70's I would have thought Kate borrowed her mother's maternity clothes both night. Both look 60's/70's style and not the kind you see in a thrift shop and want to snap up.

While better then last night, only redeeming quality was a better color.

The coat was quite nice though

Here is hoping she tries a different designer for evening in Norway.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Wonderful cwalker coat, great shoes and bag and earrings. The gloves don’t go somehow. The cream boucle dress is just perfect, love the metallic thread running through it and it fits perfectly. I like the blue velvet, she looks warm and comfortable. The diamond hoops are just the right touch
Old 02-01-2018, 02:27 AM
Serene Highness

I loved the day outfit! The dress for the evening - I didn’t hate it as much as some others but it’s definitely not one of her best looks.

I feel like when Kate goes all out and hits the mark with evening dress and especially formal wear she’s really unparalleled. The last couple of nights haven’t been examples of that.
Old 02-01-2018, 03:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
another photo with coat, the link does not seem to work anymore
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/...7429169137.jpg

lets put it that way, the blue dress is an improvement compared to the mustard dress
Old 02-01-2018, 07:09 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cambridge in a Catherine Walker & Co coat arriving in Norway today, February 1:

** Full view **

And without the coat at the Royal Palace:

** Full view dress **

For a visit to the Princess Ingrid Alexandra Sculpture Park the Duchess of Cambridge added a warm hat:

** Full view ** Upper part **
Old 02-01-2018, 07:12 AM
Majesty

Very nice, I like that.

LaRae
Old 02-01-2018, 08:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
Not a great pub for Erdem I fear.... two awful dresses in a row....bad !
Someone joked on the DM that Kate should take out a restraining order against Erdem!

Old 02-01-2018, 09:22 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I like this dark blue dress, despite Erdem I am quite impressed with the fashion choices on this tour!
Old 02-01-2018, 09:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
I like that dress too

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Here's the dress the Duchess of Cambridge wore under her coat today:

** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Upper part 3 **
I love this dress and it suits Catherine perfectly
Old 02-01-2018, 10:35 AM
Heir Apparent

The velvet Erdem is truly horrible I love the coat in Norway.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion