It would look good

in a Bin...

Old 01-30-2018, 04:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Some thoughts:

3 Do wish she had worn some interesting earrings with this evening dress, and perhaps one of the serious diamond bracelets she has.

I think she is wearing a " serious" bracelet if you zoom in and take a look but the trouble is it's lost amongst the heavy pattern and long sleeve. Do agree that she might have gone for something stronger on the earring front.
I don't think we will be seeing this dress in public again .

Old 01-30-2018, 04:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

That dress needs to go into the rag bag. It is vomit inducing. She usually looks ok but that evening dress suggests that she has no taste. Maybe she has been taking fashion advice from Fergie or one of the York princesses as it is definitely something I can see Beatrice wearing.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can give her credit to try to explore outside the safe zone fashion-wise. ..
It's clearly a fail tonight, but she can be stunning as well. So better next time !
Old 01-30-2018, 04:39 PM
Courtier

That is the most ugliest dress I have ever seen. Wow. Just wow.
Old 01-30-2018, 05:01 PM
Heir Apparent

It looks nice and warm but I don't like the dress at all.
Old 01-30-2018, 05:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh dear what a shame she looked so good the rest of the day
Old 01-30-2018, 05:15 PM
Majesty

If there was a poll for worst dress worn by Kate..this would be my number 1 pick.

LaRae
Old 01-30-2018, 05:20 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Do you know what I simply can’t decide.
I massively applaud her for the choice, it’s something completely different. It’s a good occasion for something so out there as it’s not a state dinner.

The pattern isn’t horrendous but the good does it a disservice, and the extra details on the top are unnecessary.
Old 01-30-2018, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Its an interesting design but I don't like it on the duchess,nice hairstyle shame about the choice of dress tonight.
Old 01-30-2018, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
If there was a poll for worst dress worn by Kate..this would be my number 1 pick.

LaRae
Me too!

I think it's hideous.
I don't know why Erdem garners so much praise; I rarely like any of the clothes.
Old 01-30-2018, 05:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

This has got to be one of her worst looks ever. My god. Who actually approved of this? Not to mention it seems entirely out of place when most women are wearing cocktail type dresses and she is in a gown.
Old 01-30-2018, 05:32 PM
Nobility

Dumb question, but I've never been pregnant, so wondering if wearing a sash or belt doesn't get a bit uncomfortable at times?
Old 01-30-2018, 05:37 PM
Commoner

Awful! I usually love her style but this is a miss
Old 01-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Serene Highness

I am not a fan of this dress ...and I am one of the few who loved the red and blue Erdem Alouette gown). I dont care for the style nor the seemingly mustard color fabric ...however, it does seem to be a richer gold and a little more pallatable in some of the more recent images coming out and those who have seen it in person have been more complimentary. But adding to this strange dress was the matronly way she styled her hair; was no lift - just a straight pull back bun. Along with the high collar - it was just not her best look - and it aged her so. Victoria defintely looked the younger of the two women this evening.

After such a great start - loved both of her day stylings today ....... i expect great things the rest of the tour... but this one was a miss.
Old 01-30-2018, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Catherine is in Erdem this evening. Gold and flower design, with a high neck.

https://twitter.com/regaleyes/status/958392463475068929
Good gawd that is hideous! Is hideous even a substantial description. I think she lost a bet with William... or maybe her sister.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 01-30-2018, 06:24 PM
Majesty

the dress is not my favourite on kate, but i like the print, which is rather upbeat. the neckline is just not working for me, but i think the rest of the dress could have looked nice with a more becoming neckline. anyway, nice to see her trying out new stuff rather than resorting to the usual jenny packham!
Old 01-30-2018, 06:31 PM
Majesty

Thanks, everybody on this board for your brilliant, objective and undeniably honest opinion on Catherine's glad rags. Curtains! Hideous! "Interesting"! Ugliest! Vomit inducing! Bin worthy! Worst dress Catherine had ever worn! And would look good in a bin!

What a splendid way to start the day and I cannot disagree with any one of these comments and apologise for those I didn't quote. Poor Catherine obviously had a momentary taste break, mustard is never a good look on anyone and she must have been tired when the Erdem "person" told her it looked wonderful she took their word for it.
Old 01-30-2018, 06:36 PM
Serene Highness

I really don’t like this dress. I mean, really. I don’t even know what else to say. That’s the risk of trying something different, I guess, sometimes you miss the mark.
Old 01-30-2018, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

I try really hard to never compare one royal's style with an other's. No one benefits and the arguments always sound like what twelve year olds say.

That said I had the same reaction to Vic's day dress and Kate's evening style. I was overwhelmed and confused by both. I could pick out a bit of either and make peace with it but then another aspect would rear it's ugly head and I felt dazed. In defense of both the ladies - there is a lot of this print/texture/fabric/ruffle/poof/pleat stuff going on in couture these days. Both royals have obviously been seduced.

And I was totally amazed that the DM headline was impressed by Kate's evening look. A "down the rabbit hole" day if I ever saw one.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion