The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-07-2018, 03:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looked nice in that coat. She has a thing for furry hats this winter.

I think Kate's hair would look great styled like this. Less curly, but more wavy

Old 01-07-2018, 03:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
The coat is cute but not the hat, and her hair looks awful. But from the neck down she looks good.

Gawd I'm tired of the overuse of thr word updo. Despite that I agree that the blue sequins dress looked tacky and made it look like she was wearing a sparkly sack; no shape at all.
Is it the word "updo" itself or is it the notion of putting her hair up that you are tired of?

Old 01-07-2018, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

A nice surprise to see Catherine - I like her outfit. It's nothing exciting but still nice.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-07-2018, 06:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's a beautiful coat. Very elegant look on her.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:43 PM
Royal Highness

The coat is gorgeous on her, very elegant and chic. That is one of my favorite coats that she owns, the hat..........is it fur? Can we tell by pictures or maybe it is fake fur for some fake furs look real as I know that for sure.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

I know flat ironed hair is the style but I love Kate's naturally curly hair. Hair straightening takes lots more time too.
Old 01-07-2018, 08:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
The coat is gorgeous on her, very elegant and chic. That is one of my favorite coats that she owns, the hat..........is it fur? Can we tell by pictures or maybe it is fake fur for some fake furs look real as I know that for sure.
According to 'what kate wore' its alpaca.
https://whatkatewore.com/2018/01/07/...hurch-service/
https://www.lacorine.co.uk/sumac---l...aca-fur-hat~86

Like the coat, which she wore Christmas 2014, the hat is old.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:04 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you Countessmeout for the info on the hat. Catherine looks nice in that hat yet I really love the dark brown one she wore earlier when checking out the site. That is one classy looking hat and would love it for my hat collection. Fur is not my cup of tea, yet I have a fake fur that is 15 years old and some people still to this day think it is real and it isn't. Just take care of it and keep it in a linen garment bag over the summer time and works all these years for me as it is the warmest coat I have......so I wear it when it is below freezing here.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Alpaca and Angora are lovely textiles that you can gather/use without harm to the animal so it's a great option for those who like natural materials.

So soft. Touching an Alpaca is like sinking your hands into a cloud.

LaRae
Old 01-07-2018, 11:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Alpaca and Angora are lovely textiles that you can gather/use without harm to the animal so it's a great option for those who like natural materials.

So soft. Touching an Alpaca is like sinking your hands into a cloud.

LaRae
Agreed, alpalca and angora are definitely humane (not harm to animal) and good options I actually love angora.

I hate this hat, not because I don't like wearing fur, but because I just find it ugly.
Old 01-08-2018, 02:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Love Pippa's hat at the service. Very nice decoration. Looks classy. Loving these real hats.

Fur keeps one warm. No getting around it's a wise choice and usually a major investment across years. Kate would look good in St Petersburg, Russia.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that Kate looked very nice in the tweed coat and I liked the alpaca hat on her, as well. I especially loved the Chanel bag that she carried as it has handles and she cannot clutch it to hide whatever she tries to hide! :)
Old 01-10-2018, 07:50 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cambridge in a blue Hobbs coat and a recycled flower print dress by Seraphine at the Reach Academy Feltham in London today, January 10:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Full view dress ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Dress February 2015 **
Old 01-10-2018, 07:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Uber Chic ! Especially the Shoes...
Old 01-10-2018, 08:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Love the coat, love the shoe..love the color!

LaRae

https://whatkatewore.com/2018/01/10/...lace2be-visit/

Down the page is a pic of Kate in the dress.

LaRae
Old 01-10-2018, 11:04 AM
Majesty

Very elegant and classy
Old 01-10-2018, 11:45 AM
Heir Apparent

And IMO the pattern is a practical choice if you're working with kids and paint!
Old 01-10-2018, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Lovely dress and coat but it works better with the coat on I think,also a great colour on the duchess.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Very smart looking coat and a timeless design! But I don't care for the dress. It has a cheap looking fabric and I don't think it flatters the Duchess.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:04 PM
Royal Highness

Really love that coat Catherine had on, one gorgeous wool coat that looked very well made and perfect on her. Think a nice scarf and gloves would of dressed it up a bit.......she looks so happy and having babies does agree with her....

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion