The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The main problem with Kate's coat is not that it's short but that it's short in front where the swelling abdomen pulls it up. The front is not level with the back. Therefore the coat is not stylish. However, I am favor of recycling and giving a good example of thrift, so I won't complain any more about it, except to say this coat should go into the closet until Kate is back to her regular shape again, and the hem can fall right.

The main problem with Kate's coat is not that it's short but that it's short in front where the swelling abdomen pulls it up. The front is not level with the back. Therefore the coat is not stylish. However, I am favor of recycling and giving a good example of thrift, so I won't complain any more about it, except to say this coat should go into the closet until Kate is back to her regular shape again, and the hem can fall right.

I've never really given maternity clothes much thought but what you say assumes that every "bump" is the same size or shape, thus enabling the clothes to be level. Frankly that doesnt always work with non maternity clothes because people of the same dress size are not all the same shape. I think a cm here or there doesnt make it "not stylish".

Love the teal blue coat with black borders. Nice hat too and love the hair down the back, not at the sides.
Don't really see that the coat is hiked up in front, in fact, she doesn't even look pregnant to me in that coat!

I disagree. Many of Kate's dresses and coats are far above the knee. Look at the outfit of Tuesday for example.
She sometimes wears dresses that, IMO, are too short, not to talk of coats that I would never wear without trousers or skirt beneath. You may call me oldfashioned or whatever you want... And no, I don't think hemlines like Tuesday's are what a typical 30 yeard old woman wear.
I give you two examples of hemlines that to me are apropriate and yet young, not granny-like:

Cressida: http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01550/Prince_Harry_and_m_1550914a.jpg

Kate: http://www.laineygossip.com/Content/images/articles/will%20kate%2026jul12%2001.jpg

These are both just above the knee. But they have nothing to do with this:
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/1125/katemiddletonduchesscam.jpg
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/1125/katemiddletonduchesscam.jpg
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/1125/katemiddletonduchesscam.jpg
http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/1125/katemiddletonduchesscam.jpg
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6821/dukeduchesscambridgevis.jpg

Oh good gracious where your freakin skirt as long as you want it. Kate looks fine in her skirts especially with the tights. I wear short skirts long skirts whatever I feel best in, Kate does the same. There is nothing inappropriate about her skirt lengths and matched with the black stockings it looks even more appropriate. I swear between the hair and her dressed it is always the same thing coming up everytime she walks out the door.

I remember I wore short skirts in sportswear when I lived on a houseboat in Seattle (yes, right across the inlet from the houseboat of "Sleepless in Seattle). But I didn't wear the short skirts downtown or to any formal occasion. So I guess it's partly a matter of what generation one is in. My generation didn't do this, so it seems abnormal, but it's the fashion of the day, so let it be.

Dressed casually and warmly for an outdoor event.

As always, Catherine rocks the casual/outdoor/country look. She looks comfortable and warm.

Guess she was wearing fingerless gloves for most of it but no gloves for a while. Brrrr....

This is something I'd not realized before. We all know that Kate's engagement dress was an Issa design. What I didn't know is that Issa's chairwoman is Camilla Al Fayed. She's the daughter of the former owner of Harrod's Mohammed Al Fayed and sister to Dodi Al Fayed who died in the tragic car accident in Paris which also killed Diana, Princess of Wales.

Kate Middleton Issa Dress Demand Was 'Too Much' For Designer To Handle

Oh wow I didn't realize that either. Even though the demand was to much it's still a huge blessing. That's how I would look at it. Thanks for the article:)

It's normal that you didn't realize. At the time of the engagement, Camilla was not yet involved with the brand, so it didn't make any news.
It seems to be good for Issa to have Camilla with them, she brings in an "business" side that Daniela was missing and Issa has been improving in the last collections

i think kate is being really savy about her maternity fashion choices. she's choosing normal clothes, but just those that are wide on the stomach area to attract the least attention to her bump. it is obviously growing but she manages to "hide it" very well. i guess it is clever of her, that way she can feel less like people and press are just interested in her baby bump everytime she goes out.

i'd be impressed if she manages to keep doing this until the end of her pregnancy, but theoretically it is possible. july is not too far off, and she has a petite structure and does sport, so i don't think she will get a pregnancy with too much volume.

I think she looks even more ravishing now that she is a little fuller-she definitely has that pregnancy glow which is so lovely to see.:flowers:

I think they look about the same. Flattering look for them both

April 4, 2013 - Kate in a tartan print coat matched with black stockings and black boots.

Full view ** Closer view

Last edited:
I would have so loved for Kate to team this coat with trousers. It is a lovely coat, but without going back to the debate about length, I don't much like her overall appearance today - even her locks look a little "flat".

I was unsure to start with because the colours are so dull but I'm warming to it. Its not a true tartan and I was hoping that Queen would have given permission for the Balmoral - (sigh) maybe after the heir is born!

She is not into showing of the bulge - the swing stype which disguises it is obvious in this photo - I also think she looks lovely

Catherine Countess Of Strathearn Visits The Emirates Arena

If she bought it off the peg, then she will have problems with length but the opaque tights and boots look good.

Its been a while since I don't appreciate an outfit worn by Catherine, its not that I hate the tartan outfit, I quite like it but there is something off with the whole look, this time I'm a little disappointed.

I rarely criticize Catherine's clothes, but I am today. I like the colors of the tartan she is wearing, but I do not like the length. It seems to me that a small breeze and we will see the top of her tights. Catherine does have great legs; but wear shorts if you want to show them off so much.

Catherine looked great today. Very nice set of gams. Yeah it's a bit short but I think she's wearing shorts or something.

There's no point in me even commenting, as I am from an older generation, and coats this short look more like costumes than clothes to me. It's as if she wants to hang on to childhood instead of growing up to a mature woman. it is Barbie Doll. The side view, however, is puzzling, because it looks like she has grown at the backside. Now some women DO get bigger in the back when pregnant, which I didn't realize until I did it myself. Catherine's and my pregnancy shapes have been right on schedule, so I expect an inexorable front enlargement to appear soon. Are we still going to have the mini-skirts then? It's beyond ridiculous to me.
However, I love the subdued tartan cloth. Very pretty! And she does have the "glow" others mention.

Well, Mary, Maxima and Letiza also like wearing short skirts and dresses.

:previous:Mary wore a stunning coat at an engagement today at an appropriate and flattering length.
If Catherine's coat was that length, she would've looked fine.
As it is, I agree she is going for a "childish" look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom