The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-17-2013, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
I totally get the recycling thing. But wearing the same thing over and over again???? Something brighter would've been nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
This is the 2nd time she has worn this coat. That isn't "over and over again".
I hope she continues to wear this coat on St Patricks Day for many years to come.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:20 PM
Nobility

I like the outfit in general, but I particularly like the hat and the up-do. A lovely look overall.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Front & Back View
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...63_634x956.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...93_308x464.jpg

I dont say it often but today Kate looked very good. Love the hat/hair combo. The coat is very fitting for the occasion.
I agree, she looked very good today. Green is a nice color for her. I like the fact that her hair was up with that hat but it looked a bit messy for my taste.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
Looks like I misunderstood your initial post, I thought you may have looked at a different picture. To me bare menas no tights thus my input.
I understand; not a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I agree, she looked very good today. Green is a nice color for her. I like the fact that her hair was up with that hat but it looked a bit messy for my taste.
I liked the updo and the view from the back with the intricate coils was very pretty, but I thought the style protruded out quite a bit from the side view.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:12 PM
Courtier

I´ve never been pregnant myself but I wonder if it is usual to alter your clothes. I think I would buy some maternity clothes and hope to suit in my old clothes afterwards, or isn´t this realistic?
Old 03-17-2013, 03:18 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv View Post
I´ve never been pregnant myself but I wonder if it is usual to alter your clothes. I think I would buy some maternity clothes and hope to suit in my old clothes afterwards, or isn´t this realistic?
That's quite realistic, but not the case for everyone. Depending on the bump and how far along you are you can fit into old clothes easily.

I love the coat and the updo was lovely to see but I wish she hadn't recycled on this occasion and turtleneck dress wasn't the best choice.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
She's probably at the stage in her pregnancy where she's not quite big enough for maternity clothes (and a tad too big for her pre-pregnancy clothes), so it makes sense to just alter instead of buying new ones at this point.

I've had friends that alter their pre-pregnany clothes and just buy maternity during the last few months when their bellies really pop. It's the better alternative to buying tons of clothes that one may never wear again.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:26 PM
Courtier

She looks lovely in her St. Pat's outfit.

But isn't it time she wore shorter heels?
Old 03-17-2013, 03:30 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

I don't see why she has to wear smaller heels. As long as she's comfortable, high heels aren't a problem. Plus she's only wearing them for a few hours, so it's not like she's standing in them for very long.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ugh I hate when people assume to tell a pregnant woman what shoes to wear. If she can wear high heels and are comfortable in them then more power to her. It's not like she is horseback riding while holding a martini.

I wonder who did her hair, it looks really unique and pretty.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 03-17-2013, 04:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Ugh I hate when people assume to tell a pregnant woman what shoes to wear. If she can wear high heels and are comfortable in them then more power to her. It's not like she is horseback riding while holding a martini.
I agree. Clearly she's accustomed to wearing high heels, and even a low heel can get stuck in a grate (heck, I've been known to stumble in flats). I've also noticed that there are some celebrities who have worn high heels throughout the duration of their pregnancies, without any apparent problems. I think it all depends what someone is comfortable in to begin with.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:50 PM
Courtier

Sorry to upset some, wasn't my intent.

I just thought in some pics she looked like she was leaning forward while walking and attributed it to the baby bump & heels.

It was if her center of gravity was off.

Nothing more.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow! She looks terrific! First time i've been happy with both the hair, wonderfully "casual" updo, and real hat sitting right.
And, emerald earrings, that we can all see!
Coat fits nicely and flowers or shamrocks improve the slightly plain coat.

As far as heels, if one is used to them.. then no danger. But I can see Q Camilla's point, if it seems like the woman is having difficulty with her shifting center of gravity, lower heels would be better for those who rarely wear heels.
Boots would have looked better with this coat, especially those lower heeled ones she wore out of the hospital.

As far as recycling her pre-pregnancy clothes, that's over!! It's full steam ahead now.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:06 PM
Heir Apparent

People shouldn't get upset because others comment about the heel height; we all have our opinions on her fashion especially now that it's relevant to her pregnancy and Catherine is going to wear whatever she wants anyway.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Many people wear their normal clothes till they no longer fit into instead of buying a full new wardrobe. I know many people who don't like maternity wear because of the cut under the bust in many of the outfits so they just but bigger sized normal clothes.

I don't mind Kate wearing her old clothes but personally I find it a shame for her to be altering them slightly as they aren't intended to be worn like that. It could be that she might not be thinking of wearing it post pregnancy.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Many people wear their normal clothes till they no longer fit into instead of buying a full new wardrobe. I know many people who don't like maternity wear because of the cut under the bust in many of the outfits so they just but bigger sized normal clothes.

I don't mind Kate wearing her old clothes but personally I find it a shame for her to be altering them slightly as they aren't intended to be worn like that. It could be that she might not be thinking of wearing it post pregnancy.
If she never wore the coat from Cheltenham again, I would be far from disappointed. I've never understood how Joseph could charge so much for so little quality.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-17-2013, 08:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Compare the coat last year to this. She is still in great shape - but look where the V neck hits last year and this. I give a lot of credit to whomever is helping with the alterations.

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gp/163...b10uhJICO6hYZZ

and http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gp/141...jNTDbKzhtG0twA
I think the difference in where the V neck hits it's not due to any alteration in the coat at all. It's simply because with no belly she can wrap the coat a lot and with belly she can't wrap the coat anymore so the V "goes down".

I think she looked very nice today. The green looks great with black and the coat is very beautiful. And unlike the Cheltenham coat, this one still fits her new body.

About the recycling of clothes: I think it's nice to make alterations in your pregnancy clothes so that they fit your pregnant body. I like a combination of both maternity clothes and some altered clothes. Coats can easily be altered to be bigger and then altered to be smaller again. Cheaper option and you can still wear that coat/dress/shirt that you like a lot. But when doing the alterations is important to keep in mind that the piece has to fit when altered and the seams are not showing. Just like you pay attention to these things when you're not pregnant, you must attention too when pregnant. And that's the problem with the rose coat and the buttons' problem. It gives a very bad look, IMO. As I said, I would never leave home like that.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I think Catherine is doing very well segueing into Maternity Wear without going from last month's slim and slinky to a full on smock! I love her choice of coats, dusky rose and chocolate and green and black, both flatter her and show a she's still a practical girl at heart.

I like both hats and think they suit her well but mostly I was interested in her intricate "casual" up do. I'm not sure I am a fan of that particular up do but I appreciate the thought and the time that went into it.

It's almost as if since being pregnant requires her to change her preferred style of dress she has decided to try a few other new things as well. Best of all, when the time comes for her first tiara event she will be so comfortable with an intricate up do that the addition of a tiara will be a snip!
Old 03-17-2013, 10:43 PM
Courtier

I think she looks beautiful, that colour suits her complexion so well, and the headwear is lovely. She looks very healthy too, which is so nice to see.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
People shouldn't get upset because others comment about the heel height; we all have our opinions on her fashion especially now that it's relevant to her pregnancy and Catherine is going to wear whatever she wants anyway.
I probably shouldn't have used the word hate in reference to my feelings. Being irked by the comment on the shoes goes back years; I was annoyed when people commented on Victoria Beckham's heel while she was pregnant. I just feel if a woman can wear the shoes, be comfortable then they should. The woman who is carrying the child would have its best interest at heart and know what they should and shouldn't do to remain safe.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion