The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-26-2017, 11:22 PM
Serene Highness

I think Kate will wear this new dress for the Diplomatic Reception. It’s in a couple of weeks, so should still fit and she’s always worm repeats for this event. She also tends to do conservative looks for it, so this fits.

She hasn’t worn any evening gowns in her third trimester, so depending on when they go to Scandinavia AND if there is a black tie event I think we’ll see something new. She does have a number of great cocktail dresses and maternity coats I’m hoping she’ll repeat.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:55 PM
Majesty

I wouldn't think she would wear this dress (Royal Variety Show) just 2 weeks or so later at another public event. Now she could use that over-lay ontop of a different under-dress (cream?).

I'm expecting something new or recycled from previous pregnancies.

LaRae

Old 11-26-2017, 11:56 PM
Commoner

I would have liked this dress more in a jewel tone or Gold. I find pastels wash Kate out a great deal. I also found the neckline to be very patronly. However, the dress moves beautifully.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:30 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I wouldn't think she would wear this dress (Royal Variety Show) just 2 weeks or so later at another public event. Now she could use that over-lay ontop of a different under-dress (cream?).

I'm expecting something new or recycled from previous pregnancies.
LaRae
I donít think she cares about that so much, we only get car photos anyway. And she actually wore the same dress two years in a row for the Diplomatic Reception, which I found quite weird. I donít expect a new dress for this and she really doesnít have that much appropriate repeats that would fit her now. She wore the black lace dress twice already this month. I guess the dark blue dress from New York might work.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:34 AM
Majesty

Depending on the structure and fabric there might be some gowns from the past she is able to alter for early pregnancy.

LaRae
Old 11-27-2017, 12:40 AM
Serene Highness

Probably, and since most of her gowns are bespoke Iím sure the designers would gladly alter them if possible.

Iíve been in a repeat phase lately, so am actually more interested in what she repeats this time around than another new dress.
Old 11-27-2017, 03:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

I would be surprised if she wore the 'Royal Variety' gown because as this is a tiara event, I think the combination of several Royal jewels and the sparkly dress would be too much bling for the Duchess. Plus quite uncomfortable too!
Old 11-27-2017, 07:24 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
I think Kate will wear this new dress for the Diplomatic Reception. Itís in a couple of weeks, so should still fit and sheís always worm repeats for this event. She also tends to do conservative looks for it, so this fits.

She hasnít worn any evening gowns in her third trimester, so depending on when they go to Scandinavia AND if there is a black tie event I think weíll see something new. She does have a number of great cocktail dresses and maternity coats Iím hoping sheíll repeat.
It would be great to see her wear the navy blue gown from 2014 again for the Diplomatic reception. She could wear it sith the Nizam necklace abd the Lovers Knot tiara.

Alternatively, she could wear the dress from the Variety Show again with the Lovers Knot tiara and no necklace.
Old 11-27-2017, 03:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I would be surprised if she wore the 'Royal Variety' gown because as this is a tiara event, I think the combination of several Royal jewels and the sparkly dress would be too much bling for the Duchess. Plus quite uncomfortable too!
I think it would look nice with the lotus tiara and smaller diamond earrings and her hair in an updo. Guess weíll know soon enough.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:40 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cambridge looking good in a black and white Kate Spade dress at The Foundling Museum in London today, November 28:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Close up **
Old 11-28-2017, 07:43 AM
Majesty

I just really love this dress on her. The pop of red clutch and the SHOE!!!!

LaRae
Old 11-28-2017, 08:19 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

sorry, that's in the top 3 of most dowdy outfits ever, horrible!
Old 11-28-2017, 09:51 AM
Nobility

Itís a cute dress. Love the shoes.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:15 AM
Nobility

Love the dress, shoes and clutch. Just a bit matronly for me
Old 11-28-2017, 10:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
Itís a cute dress. Love the shoes.
I love the dress and that she's chosen red accessories.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Duchess of Cambridge looking good in a black and white Kate Spade dress at The Foundling Museum in London today, November 28:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Close up **
I love this look and the pop of color with the shoes. Plus, I love Kate Spade and I liked the other Kate Spade dress she wore as well. I would wear either one. I donít see anything dowdy or matronly about it and Iím a whole decade younger than Kate but thatís just my opinion.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:32 AM
Majesty

I think it is a nod to the retro look we are seeing now days and I love it.

LaRae
Old 11-28-2017, 10:36 AM
Royal Highness

It has a 70s 'vibe' to it [as so much fashion does atm]. It can look dowdy and dated to those who've 'seen it all before', but looks fresh to those that haven't had that misfortune.
I only like the shoes and clutch, myself.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:37 AM
Majesty

All fashion comes around...I think it's a nod to farther back myself. Either way it suits her.

LaRae
Old 11-28-2017, 10:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
All fashion comes around...I think it's a nod to farther back myself. Either way it suits her.

LaRae
A lot of Kateís clothing reminds me of the 40s which I love personally. Could be wrong but itís fun.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion