The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-15-2013, 03:45 PM
Majesty

The buttons isn't something I noticed at all. Not a detail I think she cared about and probably said whatever to.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:51 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

I actually don't see a problem with the adjustments made to the button holes. In fact, I didn't even notice them until it was pointed out here.

It's a cute coat - I've liked it since I saw her wearing it many years ago. And it's good to see her recycling outfits.

Old 03-15-2013, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
Her knees are not bare, she wears tights.
By bare knees I meant exposed to the elements due to the length of her coat, which is quite short, not that she isn't wearing hosiery. It's extremely obvious that she's wearing it.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Unfortunately the moved buttons and the fact that the fabric was either not properly pressed or pressed at all I noticed right away.
That's because the first thing I noticed is that the coat is still too tight in the bust.
Not ok to be this sloppy if you're going out on a group date.
Agree that such a short coat doesn't seem warm enough either.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Don't like the length of the coat think it too short not flattering IMO and I have never liked this colour on anyone all in all I just don't like it IMO only
Old 03-15-2013, 05:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Agree that dusty rose is a very difficult color to wear. Maybe only your avatar, Princess Grace, looked well in it.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:49 PM
Serene Highness

I like that she recycles her clothes and moves buttons. I dislike the shortness of the coat.
It's not immodest to wear a short coat when you have on thick stockings or tights, it's just not as graceful, in my view. But no one ever dressed like this when I was young, so maybe it's just my antiquity showing. Clothes should come down to the knee unless they are "shorts" worn for sport. But please, Kate, keep recycling, makes you more like us, not that you'll ever be really like us.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Heir Apparent

I took a couple of closer looks at some photos and saw the indentations where the buttons were originally placed. Those definitely should have been pressed out; it's puzzling that it was overlooked if the alteration was done by a professional tailor.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:54 PM
Nobility

It's very possible that the indentations were left so that the buttons can be moved back to precisely their original positions after the baby is born. At least, that's what I would do....
Old 03-15-2013, 07:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe she's had one of those surges in baby gain that can happen and this was a quick solution for what is a private engagement. Saving a nice coat for Sunday!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-15-2013, 07:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

In the same way that I never comment on royal muffin top, I just can't get into a fuss about button marks.

I love, love, love it that she wore this fun short coat. You go mommy of the ruler to be!

And that smile is a great accessory!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looked lovely. The cut and color of the coat are very nice. Personally, I would have liked it better if the coat was about 2-3 inches longer.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:32 PM
Majesty

Another lovely choice by Catherine. I think the coat is great on her, and the alteration marks don't really bother me. If she does indeed change the buttons back to their original spots, I'd venture that the marks left behind will be taken care of. The color goes great with Catherine's complexion, and the dark stockings, boots, hat, gloves, and clutch allow for a really nice contrast. She's looking wonderful overall; healthy, glowing, and definitely happy. Her smile says it all .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:38 PM
Courtier

I think she looks very lovely. I think the color is good for her....and I don't care about the coat having buttons moved. Quite frankly I've thought from the start she's going to continue doing this recycling for years to come if for no other reason to avoid the frenzy Diana experienced.

Boring (which I don't think her clothing is actually) is definately a safe choice.

LaRae
Old 03-15-2013, 11:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Great coat. Love the style and the color.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Full length view looks really good. Love the boots and I must say they actually go good with the black stockings. I wonder how she keeps her stockings from running. Has she worn that hat before? If so I didn't like it as much as I do now. I think the coat conceals her well and I can't tell she's pregnant.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 03-16-2013, 02:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Full length view looks really good. Love the boots and I must say they actually go good with the black stockings. I wonder how she keeps her stockings from running. Has she worn that hat before? If so I didn't like it as much as I do now. I think the coat conceals her well and I can't tell she's pregnant.
She wore it last year when she was giving out shamrocks, with her green Alexander McQueen coat. I loved it then, but it wasn't the standout feature of the outfit so it wasn't noticed as much.

The What Kate Wore site included a picture of her in the hat at both occasions for comparison: http://whatkatewore.com/2013/03/15/k...-the-calendar/
Old 03-16-2013, 03:48 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Great coat but I dont get the idea to move buttons to make it fit. Given the amount of money Kate spends on fashion it should be ok to buy a pregnancy coat that is a bit longer when only worn with boots. I like the dotted tights, look great with the outfit.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Great coat but I dont get the idea to move buttons to make it fit. Given the amount of money Kate spends on fashion it should be ok to buy a pregnancy coat that is a bit longer when only worn with boots. I like the dotted tights, look great with the outfit.
Well, she's not really big enough to wear true maternity clothes, and she probably doesn't want to spend a fortune on clothing she'll only be able to wear for a very narrow window of time. It actually makes sense to me that she's altering some older pieces in her wardrobe that maybe she won't wear again after her pregnancy rather than buying new stuff that would be discarded before she really gets much wear out of it.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post

Well, she's not really big enough to wear true maternity clothes, and she probably doesn't want to spend a fortune on clothing she'll only be able to wear for a very narrow window of time. It actually makes sense to me that she's altering some older pieces in her wardrobe that maybe she won't wear again after her pregnancy rather than buying new stuff that would be discarded before she really gets much wear out of it.
And she is straddling seasons. I'm sure she ordered some lighter weight coats for her working wardrobe. But She probably never thought she would need a heavy coat at this stage. And doesn't want to invest in one since she keeps hoping spring will come. I commend her for adapting an older coat from her wardrobe.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion