The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-20-2015, 03:34 AM
Courtier

I was disappointed with the hair-fiddling and had thought that the coat appeared quite skimpy and looked uncomfortable to wear - are the sleeves supposed to be ruckled-up like that?

Old 03-20-2015, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Am I the only one who thought she looked awfully uncomfortable? At this point a nice tent and some flats

Old 03-20-2015, 06:49 PM
Serene Highness

Sorry ..... unless one is at home, heaven help us from the tent dress and flats. Catherine is in shape and not all that big, she can wear tent dresses around the house. :)
Old 03-21-2015, 03:08 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Catherine looked great in the polka dot dress, one can't go wrong with black and white IMO. I do think her hair looks a little unkempt here, and whilst I do think the hair fiddling is a bit unprofessional, I have hair that's similar to Catherine's and am often fiddling with my hair as it's difficult to keep it neatly in place 24/7. I can imagine that Catherine is fiddling with her hair for a similar reason (and not because she is bored).

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-21-2015, 06:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I have had long hair all my adult life, and I have found it easy to keep neatly in place when I need to. Simply tie it back or securely pin it up, and apply a bit of hairspray. That always does the trick! And she has a hairdresser at her beck and call to do clever things with her hair so she can have the best of both worlds: hair tied back off her face but still long at the back since she seems to like to wear it long which is fine for the less-formal events. That way it's out of reach of her wandering hands that are tempted to fiddle. Fiddling with her hair the way she does makes her look immature and unprofessional.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Am I the only one who thought she looked awfully uncomfortable? At this point a nice tent and some flats
I just had a peak and no, I think she looks pretty good. About a month before she had George at the ship christening or whatever it was that's when she looked uncomfortable. It might have been the heat then.

Someone on another thread said they thought that the baby had dropped and she might go early, but I just had a peak and no, don't think she's dropped. She must have bought larger sizes as I don't think she looks as big as she has been, and I don't think it's due to a shift in position, as you tend to look bigger when that happens.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:20 AM
Majesty

Kate Middleton makes last appearance before birth of second child, in pics - Telegraph

For engagements in SE London today, the Duchess reused the bright pink Mulberry coat last seen in New York.

Not sure about the black accessories with the bright pink coat for a day time engagement. Might this have been a time to bring out the trusty LK Bennett nude shoes again?
Old 03-27-2015, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Absolutely beautiful coat which flatter's Kate very well. I love the black pumps and clutch with this coat, its a very simple look which works great.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:52 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

@Natalie_Orchard: @MaxFosterCNN Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, was looking pretty in pink this morning! http://t.co/kbQKgQb90g

Beautiful coat, don't like the style of the coat though.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like the black accessories which complement the black buttons on the coat. It's very early spring here in the UK and we are still in the last grips of winter so this seems a nice half way nod to both seasons if you get what I mean.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate looked very nice (though she didn't look eight months pregnant!)
That coat was perfect, made her very visible.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:25 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I like the black accessories which complement the black buttons on the coat.
Fair point.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:28 AM
Majesty

The color of the coat is absolutely lovely, however, I'm not too crazy about the style.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The Duchess of Cambridge looked radiant in £1,500 Mulberry coat

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...7458699342.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...7458970766.jpg
Old 03-27-2015, 09:47 AM
Heir Apparent

This time the coat fits her more properly and I prefer it this time over to the day in NYC. She looks better with her hair down with this one...
Old 03-27-2015, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I love it- and that smile!
Old 03-27-2015, 06:10 PM
Heir Apparent

The article is about today - but there is a great set of looking back photos. Video: Duchess of Cambridge makes final public appearance before giving birth - Telegraph
Old 03-27-2015, 06:16 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I love Catherine's coat, that shade of pink is amazing. I don't have a problem with the black, like Elly C, I think it compliments the pink nicely. However, I do think her hair looks a little unkempt in some places.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-27-2015, 06:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Pink and black as a color combo rocks! Not making fun of her current condition here, but the thought occurred to me that all she needs is a green hat, and presto- watermelon! That would be so cool!
Old 03-27-2015, 08:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the pink coat. I think she looks great.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion