The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-13-2015, 07:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
This is perfection, the outfit, jewels, HAIR and the hat are all amazing.
Agree! Hairdo! and statement jewels, good style and color to suit the occasion and a real hat that flatters.

Loved the white coat ad dalmation coat with ponytail too

Old 03-13-2015, 08:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Catherine looks wonderful and I agree with those who have said she looks elegant. I love the colour of her outfit. Her hairstyle is lovely too. There's something about the outfit that gives off a vintage/1940s feel to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Very elegant
i love the color
only but is for some weights on the bottom of her coat
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...6252168593.jpg
It does seem to be giving off a 40's vibe. I like her hair and the way it is designed specifically for that particular hat which is a very elegant piece. But while I liked the ensemble I have to admit that unrelieved navy doesn't really seem to suit her as well as black does.

And yes, once again she has not made allowance for the wind and she is walking down the stairs and cameras are snapping up the stairs. Her dress under the coat is very much shorter than the coat and I think the only reason we are not seeing more is out of respect for the nature of the engagement.

For those that have remarked on it being appropriately "somber" for the service, a Memorial Service is to remember and celebrate the lives of those lost. It is not a funeral. For those still wondering, look again at what Her Majesty is wearing.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:00 PM
Majesty

I hope for her final engagement on March 18, Catherine will wear the peach outfit or the polka pot outfit she wore during her pregnancy with George.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:24 PM
Aristocracy

LOVE this ensemble on her.

I'm sure she has access to someone who could weight the hemline super quickly, but in her defence, the wind really picked up in London today!
Old 03-13-2015, 08:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I hope for her final engagement on March 18, Catherine will wear the peach outfit or the polka pot outfit she wore during her pregnancy with George.
I'd like the peach, the polka dot, or the hot pink. I think black or purple would have been better for today. Didn't care for her in all navy. And how do we know it's the final one? Sorry a little OT , but how long was she off with George?
Old 03-13-2015, 09:43 PM
Serene Highness

I thought she looked great today. I wish her coat, if not the dress, should have been a little longer given that it was a church service but I really liked the cut and color. I loved the hat, necklace and earrings.
Old 03-14-2015, 04:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I think they are both unlikely to reappear next week. Both those ensembles were used in much warmer weather, it is quite cold at the moment in London, with maximum temperatures of 6-8 degrees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
I'd like the peach, the polka dot, or the hot pink. I think black or purple would have been better for today. Didn't care for her in all navy. And how do we know it's the final one? Sorry a little OT , but how long was she off with George?
I would be surprised the hot pink coat used in NYT would fit any more. It is several months since she wore it.
Old 03-14-2015, 06:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
It's really her last one? It's been announced?
Old 03-14-2015, 06:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
It's really her last one? It's been announced?
Her last one in her pregnancy I assume.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Duchess looks very elegant today for the presentation of shamrocks, I particularly like her hairstyle and the pleated coat
Daily Mail pics
Old 03-17-2015, 09:32 AM
Heir Apparent

She looks fine but to me that one is another anonymous coat...Not a fan of brown, especially on her
Old 03-17-2015, 10:04 AM
Serene Highness

HRH looks wonderful today...

and ANOTHER 'updo'... dare we hope she's finally undertanding just how much better she looks with them.. they REALLY lift her face, and show off her genuine beauty.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate looks fine; I would prefer cream or white instead of the brown coat. It would make her stand out better. But she does look very nice, and she seems to be enjoying herself.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:35 AM
Majesty

I think Catherine looks lovely, and elegant. I don't mind the brown too much, but it's not my favorite color on her. The hair style and the hat complete the whole ensemble. Overall, nicely done.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:40 AM
Majesty

Lovely as it may be, yet another new coat!
Old 03-17-2015, 11:21 AM
Heir Apparent

It's a new coat so what? She is eight months pregnant and is off a season from George's pregnancy. The coat she wore when carrying George to this event was a regular coat with the buttons moved. It is clearly not going to work with this baby since it's so much further along than George was at this point.

I don't ever see anyone ever making a big deal if the Queen, Camilla or Sophie wear something new. They might make a big deal if Anne did since she does it so little.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 03-17-2015, 11:33 AM
Serene Highness

Absolutely agree, both of the aforementioned ladies are almost always seen in a new coat. As far as HM is concerned no one would complain but in terms of Camilla I'm surprised it isn't commented upon.

Catherine looked lovely, that style of hat looks wonderful on her and the coat is elegant as well. Love her hair!!!!
Old 03-17-2015, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Duchess was very elegant looking today and her hat really suited her,another polished look for Catherine on St Patrick's Day.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post

Catherine looked lovely, that style of hat looks wonderful on her and the coat is elegant as well. Love her hair!!!!

Yes, I often wonder why she doesn't braid her hair more often. It looks great.

The coat may be new, but the hat is several seasons old.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
The Duchess was very elegant looking today and her hat really suited her,another polished look for Catherine on St Patrick's Day.
I was about to say exactly the same thing! That style of hat suits her really well, perhaps even more so than the little hats she are used to seeing her wear.
The green and brown combination is a little autumnal for me, but she is cleverly matched with the uniforms and the shamrock corsage brightens things nicely.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion