The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-09-2015, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
I loved that she wore a color. Sometimes her choices get a little bland and dull.
I do hope she reuses the Jubilee service Packham outfit- my favorite.

They are going to another church service at the end of this week. Maybe we will see the dress from the coronation anniversary (the jubilee outfits probably won't fit since she wasn't pregnant at the time)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 03-09-2015, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

The coat is nice and the color is pretty, but the collar is stopping me from really loving this coat.

I do love her hat and think it looks great with her hair.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
They are going to another church service at the end of this week. Maybe we will see the dress from the coronation anniversary (the jubilee outfits probably won't fit since she wasn't pregnant at the time)
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Flashback: Iraq Service of Commemoration, 2009
i think that dress code for this service will be 'semi-mourning': black, gray, violet (see link)
Old 03-09-2015, 07:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Loved it. Her second most elegant outfit ever- IMO. Didn't like the hat though.
I had a feeling this coat would make a reappearance during this pregnancy.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Which is great- because now the reuse crowd will be happy. Although, I don't care. I like old clothes , I like new clothes.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:24 PM
Majesty

I was really hoping she would also repeat her peach outfit she wore when pregnant with George in this pregnancy. That outfit was so beautiful.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I was really hoping she would also repeat her peach outfit she wore when pregnant with George in this pregnancy. That outfit was so beautiful.
Another one of my favorites. Who knows she might- hat and all? BTW, JSYK, everyone - I edited post # 2179.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Love the pink she looks relaxed. The colour is very flattering on her.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
The coat is nice and the color is pretty, but the collar is stopping me from really loving this coat. . . . .
I too like the colour but I have to admit that Peter Pan collars look odd on adults. It's a hard style to pull off.

While her hair is asolutely gloriously luxurious, her hair stylist let her down again. The sides were pulled back together but it is not a half ponytail so the half circle has created it's very own bump below her hat!

http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagene...harles6--a.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Flashback: Iraq Service of Commemoration, 2009
i think that dress code for this service will be 'semi-mourning': black, gray, violet (see link)
If the service is 'semi-mourning' that should make it interesting in a "fashion" sense as well.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

I liked the hat, best part of the outfit. I also like the pale pink.

American news is already suggesting that by wearing pink she is sending a signal as to the baby's gender. Facepalm!
Old 03-10-2015, 12:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Between the hat and her hair, there seems to be a war going on! If her hair gets any longer I can't imagine what she's going to do with it...
Old 03-10-2015, 01:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post

American news is already suggesting that by wearing pink she is sending a signal as to the baby's gender. Facepalm!
And considering that she wore the coat with the last pregnancy we can tell that this will be a ?????

AAAHHH anything for the morning shows to fill their segments.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The coat is lovely and it's nice that she recycled it. It's also a very nice color. Im not fond of the headpiece, it's not pretty at all and it doesn't sit well. Her hairstyle pulled half back looked great but there seems to be a puff and it looked off with the headpiece.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I like this look very much, the coat is very classy. I prefer this hat to the one at trooping the colour:
http://i1.cdnds.net/13/24/618x959/sh...e-colour-2.jpg
Old 03-10-2015, 05:20 AM
Super Moderator

I love it when Catherine attends these more formal events, because I like it when she dresses up to the nines with full coat, hat and accessories!
I like the colour, nice and bright for Spring!
The large collar, hair down and delicate hat do not balance well for me.
I would love to see the hat again, worn with a cream coat/dress and matching pink accessories.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:44 AM
Heir Apparent

I almost expected a nuance of pink yesterday, as she usually wore it at functions at church during the first pregnancy. I loved her hair, hat and shoes. The coat is not bad but collars are not my cup of tea. She looked lovely and I am glad she recycled a piece of her 2013 pregnancy for once
Old 03-10-2015, 01:15 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
The color of the coat is nice, but the hat, shoes and buttons on the coat make it matronly. A little bit more quircky wouldn't hurt.

Her hair looks really lush in these shots but I think a shorter 'do would look wonderful.
That's just what I was about to say, though I think it's mostly the hat that makes the outfit have a matronly feel. The coat reminds me of something Camilla might wear.

Catherine does look wonderful in that shade of pink though, and I do agree that her hair looks great.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-10-2015, 04:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I like this look very much, the coat is very classy. I prefer this hat to the one at trooping the colour:
http://i1.cdnds.net/13/24/618x959/sh...e-colour-2.jpg
I agree, soft pink looks good on Kate!
Old 03-10-2015, 10:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post

I remember when the press was all over the color of some item Catherine bought while pregnant with George. Made me wonder what would happen if she were to purchase something in green for the baby; would the press start speculating that she drank some green elixir while having an affair with some traveling salesman during some time she was apart from Will, hence providing a possibility for a green-colored infant? Yes, I made a reference to 'Wicked', because all these speculations based on color are just a little annoying, and amusing.

Anyway, end of thread-nap. Back to topic...

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:54 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

@RoyalCentral: The Duchess viewing artwork and speaking to the artist Trish Morrissey at the @TCMargate. (Via @kmfmnews) http://t.co/1CARwFHa9H

@HRHDuchesskate: A closer look at Kate's Hobbs coat! http://t.co/6IdkUX0X

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion