The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #2141  
Old 03-02-2015, 03:49 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Okay, we'll agree to disagree then since sporting new clothes has not been something happening only during the pregnancy. I don't claim that she should wear all her old pregnancy clothes but to me it's strange that she hasn't worn at least one of them so far. Just IMO of course
You realize though that while she is sporting new clothes her "expensive" parts is very very regularly repeated. Jewelry, purses and shoes are very rarely new. So instead of like some other princesses that repeats an obviously repeated coat but has new £2000 shoes so people can tell she's recycling (not pointing at anyone, just a general thing I've seen) she buys a new dress so that we get to see her in something new but almost always have repeated accessories. And if she has new accessories (like in new york) she wears a repeat dress/coat/whatever. I think she has a nice balance. This pregnancy she has worn a bit more new clothes (or at least new to us) but considering how different pregnancies can grow, that she isn't pregnant at the same stages in the same months, change of taste (longer dresses and coats this time) I don't see any problem with it.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2142  
Old 03-02-2015, 03:53 PM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 6,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
You realize though that while she is sporting new clothes her "expensive" parts is very very regularly repeated. Jewelry, purses and shoes are very rarely new. So instead of like some other princesses that repeats an obviously repeated coat but has new £2000 shoes so people can tell she's recycling (not pointing at anyone, just a general thing I've seen) she buys a new dress so that we get to see her in something new but almost always have repeated accessories. And if she has new accessories (like in new york) she wears a repeat dress/coat/whatever. I think she has a nice balance. This pregnancy she has worn a bit more new clothes (or at least new to us) but considering how different pregnancies can grow, that she isn't pregnant at the same stages in the same months, change of taste (longer dresses and coats this time) I don't see any problem with it.
That's fine. I'm not trying to convince anyone. And I'd say the same thing of any other royal woman spending on expensive clothes.
__________________

__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
Reply With Quote
  #2143  
Old 03-02-2015, 03:56 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
That's fine. I'm not trying to convince anyone. And I'd say the same thing of any other royal woman spending on expensive clothes.
I'm not saying that you have to change your mind! :P I just gave my view on things, so now it's out there and if someone get's something from it, nice. If not, that's ok too. That's how a discussion forum works. Me stating an opposing view does not equal me trying to force that view onto you.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2144  
Old 03-02-2015, 05:22 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 9,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
The Duchess at the Goring Hotel's 105th birthday celebration. March 2, 2015

Full view 1 ** Full view 2

The Duchess is wearing the Erdem "Darla" Print Dress
I don't like this dress. I like the cut but not the print. It reminds me of paint.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2145  
Old 03-02-2015, 06:24 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I don't like this dress. I like the cut but not the print. It reminds me of paint.
I thought the same thing. The print reminds me of an art project that I did with my preschoolers a couple of years ago, where they had to stand up, and use paint brushes to fling paint onto a blank poster board.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #2146  
Old 03-02-2015, 06:32 PM
Elly C's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Worcester, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,431
I'm not a fan of the print, but I do think she has looked good this pregnancy - her clothes have looked both comfortable and smart and I like the bright colours she's worn. She looks quite tired in these latest shots, not surprising given she is nearing the end of her pregnancy and has a toddler at home. The pics are taken in full sunlight which is also unforgiving.


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2147  
Old 03-02-2015, 06:37 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 3,937
I really like her outfit. I like the print of the dress and the colour combination, and the shoes and purse match nicely. I think it's nice to see her in a dress for once instead of a coat-dress arrangement. The only thing I don't like is her hair flopping down like that. I think she'd look much nicer and more age-appropriate with her hair tied back somehow.

I do wish she'd improve her posture and stand up straight, but I have a feeling she might have some sort of issue with her spine that causes that and that it's not just a bad habit.
__________________
"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, -- and call off Christmas!!!"
Reply With Quote
  #2148  
Old 03-02-2015, 09:03 PM
Tiggersk8's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Evansville, Canada
Posts: 2,124
Yes, she does look tired, but as stated far better by another member she could be wondering what William's doing in China or if Master Wiggle Worm has caused any mischief at KP while Mummy's been gone too. We just don't know, but other than that, I thought Kate looks pretty great.

I really like this dress and if the background is navy like I think it is, it has the potential of being very versatile post baby and after some alterations if needed. Considering she does look to be carrying far differently w/this precious blessing this time around than w/George, it really shouldn't be a surprise we're seeing more new stuff. Consider this time she's been pregnant Winter/Spring and that calls for warmer fabrics and...Not sure why the fuss.


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
__________________
Recycle Life ~ Be An Organ Donor!!
Recieved my Kidney Transplant on December 10th, 1993 and will be forever grateful to the family of my donor for the greatest earliest Christmas Present I've ever been given
Reply With Quote
  #2149  
Old 03-02-2015, 09:20 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Yes, she does look tired, but as stated far better by another member she could be wondering what William's doing in China or if Master Wiggle Worm has caused any mischief at KP while Mummy's been gone too. We just don't know, but other than that, I thought Kate looks pretty great.

I really like this dress and if the background is navy like I think it is, it has the potential of being very versatile post baby and after some alterations if needed. Considering she does look to be carrying far differently w/this precious blessing this time around than w/George, it really shouldn't be a surprise we're seeing more new stuff. Consider this time she's been pregnant Winter/Spring and that calls for warmer fabrics and...Not sure why the fuss.


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Yes I agree also her new outfits seemed to me a better fit for a pregnant woman longer with even hem etc.
I think it's just the light that can make her look tired
But her hair doesn't help IMO she always looks better with it back off her face



Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2150  
Old 03-02-2015, 09:22 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,332
She looks like she does not feel well.

I like the color of the dress...it's just the cut or the fit that looks rather off.


LaRae
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2151  
Old 03-03-2015, 01:58 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 22,984
The dress itself is a lovely piece but unfortunately she didn't wear it well nor is it a maternity dress. It fitted weirdly around the bust area, tight around the belly. The overall was unflattering and boring. I would like to see the Duchess wearing this when she is not expecting.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2152  
Old 03-03-2015, 04:02 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Okay, we'll agree to disagree then since sporting new clothes has not been something happening only during the pregnancy. I don't claim that she should wear all her old pregnancy clothes but to me it's strange that she hasn't worn at least one of them so far. Just IMO of course
This is probably because the seasons are so different. At this stage of her first pregnancy, it was summer in London. This time around, it is deep winter, with very low temperatures. You can't wear summer clothes in this weather.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2153  
Old 03-03-2015, 06:12 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
Agree
BYe Bine

Oh the hair the hair.
I don't want to be mean but I really don't like it hanging down it drags her face down.
It needs shaping around the front like Mary has done.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2154  
Old 03-03-2015, 06:57 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Oh the hair the hair.
I don't want to be mean but I really don't like it hanging down it drags her face down.
It needs shaping around the front like Mary has done.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I don't see why everyone want's her to have Mary's cut. I can see them wanting her to have another cut, but Mary's is the quintessential nowday mom look. It's so pedestrian. IMO ofc.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2155  
Old 03-03-2015, 10:04 AM
KittyAtlanta's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: KittyLand Junction, United States
Posts: 3,126
^^^Kate's hair is as pedestrian as they come.
__________________
Yes, I said it. No, I won't apologize. Yes, I will say it again.
Reply With Quote
  #2156  
Old 03-03-2015, 10:24 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
^^^Kate's hair is as pedestrian as they come.
No, it's perfectly blowdryed, rich woman hair. And the curls are Hollywood style. Mary has the hair perfectly blowdryed as well, but her cut is that of my friends mothers (40s-50s) and teachers.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2157  
Old 03-03-2015, 10:41 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,453
I think Catherine's hair is great, but at some point she'll end up changing it.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #2158  
Old 03-03-2015, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 3,844
Kate looks very weary, but after all, she is in her last month and probably eager to have it over.
She must be quite uncomfortable at this stage.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2159  
Old 03-03-2015, 07:38 PM
Frelinghighness's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New England, United States
Posts: 4,574
Is this a maternity dress? If not maybe that is why the fit is so bad. Very unattractive look for her. She just may have been caught between smiles. It must be pretty hard to smile all the time, none of us do.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2160  
Old 03-03-2015, 10:12 PM
LauraS3514's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Jose, CA, United States
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Is this a maternity dress? If not maybe that is why the fit is so bad. Very unattractive look for her. She just may have been caught between smiles. It must be pretty hard to smile all the time, none of us do.
No, it's not a maternity dress which explains the fit or lack thereof. At this point in a pregnancy actual maternity dresses are so much more comfortable that I wonder why so many women continue to stuff themselves into regular clothes. Here's the Daily Mail article that shows the dress: Duchess of Cambridge appears to show strain of a busy schedule at lunchtime reception | Daily Mail Online
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
affair birthday british royal history carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria crown princess victoria hats current events denmark duchess of brabant duchess of cambridge earl of snowdon english books general news grand duke henri hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín jewels king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein love meme monarchy news official visit prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince harry of wales prince nicholas prince oscar princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess mary style princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen silvia question soderberg state visit state visit to spain stephanie sweden swedish royal family uae nature victoria zog



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:48 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises