The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-02-2015, 03:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Okay, we'll agree to disagree then since sporting new clothes has not been something happening only during the pregnancy. I don't claim that she should wear all her old pregnancy clothes but to me it's strange that she hasn't worn at least one of them so far. Just IMO of course
You realize though that while she is sporting new clothes her "expensive" parts is very very regularly repeated. Jewelry, purses and shoes are very rarely new. So instead of like some other princesses that repeats an obviously repeated coat but has new £2000 shoes so people can tell she's recycling (not pointing at anyone, just a general thing I've seen) she buys a new dress so that we get to see her in something new but almost always have repeated accessories. And if she has new accessories (like in new york) she wears a repeat dress/coat/whatever. I think she has a nice balance. This pregnancy she has worn a bit more new clothes (or at least new to us) but considering how different pregnancies can grow, that she isn't pregnant at the same stages in the same months, change of taste (longer dresses and coats this time) I don't see any problem with it.

Old 03-02-2015, 03:53 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
You realize though that while she is sporting new clothes her "expensive" parts is very very regularly repeated. Jewelry, purses and shoes are very rarely new. So instead of like some other princesses that repeats an obviously repeated coat but has new £2000 shoes so people can tell she's recycling (not pointing at anyone, just a general thing I've seen) she buys a new dress so that we get to see her in something new but almost always have repeated accessories. And if she has new accessories (like in new york) she wears a repeat dress/coat/whatever. I think she has a nice balance. This pregnancy she has worn a bit more new clothes (or at least new to us) but considering how different pregnancies can grow, that she isn't pregnant at the same stages in the same months, change of taste (longer dresses and coats this time) I don't see any problem with it.
That's fine. I'm not trying to convince anyone. And I'd say the same thing of any other royal woman spending on expensive clothes.

Old 03-02-2015, 03:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
That's fine. I'm not trying to convince anyone. And I'd say the same thing of any other royal woman spending on expensive clothes.
I'm not saying that you have to change your mind! :P I just gave my view on things, so now it's out there and if someone get's something from it, nice. If not, that's ok too. That's how a discussion forum works. Me stating an opposing view does not equal me trying to force that view onto you.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
The Duchess at the Goring Hotel's 105th birthday celebration. March 2, 2015

Full view 1 ** Full view 2

The Duchess is wearing the Erdem "Darla" Print Dress
I don't like this dress. I like the cut but not the print. It reminds me of paint.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I don't like this dress. I like the cut but not the print. It reminds me of paint.
I thought the same thing. The print reminds me of an art project that I did with my preschoolers a couple of years ago, where they had to stand up, and use paint brushes to fling paint onto a blank poster board.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm not a fan of the print, but I do think she has looked good this pregnancy - her clothes have looked both comfortable and smart and I like the bright colours she's worn. She looks quite tired in these latest shots, not surprising given she is nearing the end of her pregnancy and has a toddler at home. The pics are taken in full sunlight which is also unforgiving.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 03-02-2015, 06:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I really like her outfit. I like the print of the dress and the colour combination, and the shoes and purse match nicely. I think it's nice to see her in a dress for once instead of a coat-dress arrangement. The only thing I don't like is her hair flopping down like that. I think she'd look much nicer and more age-appropriate with her hair tied back somehow.

I do wish she'd improve her posture and stand up straight, but I have a feeling she might have some sort of issue with her spine that causes that and that it's not just a bad habit.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, she does look tired, but as stated far better by another member she could be wondering what William's doing in China or if Master Wiggle Worm has caused any mischief at KP while Mummy's been gone too. We just don't know, but other than that, I thought Kate looks pretty great.

I really like this dress and if the background is navy like I think it is, it has the potential of being very versatile post baby and after some alterations if needed. Considering she does look to be carrying far differently w/this precious blessing this time around than w/George, it really shouldn't be a surprise we're seeing more new stuff. Consider this time she's been pregnant Winter/Spring and that calls for warmer fabrics and...Not sure why the fuss.

Old 03-02-2015, 09:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Yes, she does look tired, but as stated far better by another member she could be wondering what William's doing in China or if Master Wiggle Worm has caused any mischief at KP while Mummy's been gone too. We just don't know, but other than that, I thought Kate looks pretty great.

I really like this dress and if the background is navy like I think it is, it has the potential of being very versatile post baby and after some alterations if needed. Considering she does look to be carrying far differently w/this precious blessing this time around than w/George, it really shouldn't be a surprise we're seeing more new stuff. Consider this time she's been pregnant Winter/Spring and that calls for warmer fabrics and...Not sure why the fuss.

Yes I agree also her new outfits seemed to me a better fit for a pregnant woman longer with even hem etc.
I think it's just the light that can make her look tired
But her hair doesn't help IMO she always looks better with it back off her face

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 03-02-2015, 09:22 PM
Majesty

She looks like she does not feel well.

I like the color of the dress...it's just the cut or the fit that looks rather off.

LaRae
Old 03-03-2015, 01:58 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The dress itself is a lovely piece but unfortunately she didn't wear it well nor is it a maternity dress. It fitted weirdly around the bust area, tight around the belly. The overall was unflattering and boring. I would like to see the Duchess wearing this when she is not expecting.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:02 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Okay, we'll agree to disagree then since sporting new clothes has not been something happening only during the pregnancy. I don't claim that she should wear all her old pregnancy clothes but to me it's strange that she hasn't worn at least one of them so far. Just IMO of course
This is probably because the seasons are so different. At this stage of her first pregnancy, it was summer in London. This time around, it is deep winter, with very low temperatures. You can't wear summer clothes in this weather.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
Agree
BYe Bine

Oh the hair the hair.
I don't want to be mean but I really don't like it hanging down it drags her face down.
It needs shaping around the front like Mary has done.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Oh the hair the hair.
I don't want to be mean but I really don't like it hanging down it drags her face down.
It needs shaping around the front like Mary has done.

I don't see why everyone want's her to have Mary's cut. I can see them wanting her to have another cut, but Mary's is the quintessential nowday mom look. It's so pedestrian. IMO ofc.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent

^^^Kate's hair is as pedestrian as they come.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:24 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
^^^Kate's hair is as pedestrian as they come.
No, it's perfectly blowdryed, rich woman hair. And the curls are Hollywood style. Mary has the hair perfectly blowdryed as well, but her cut is that of my friends mothers (40s-50s) and teachers.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think Catherine's hair is great, but at some point she'll end up changing it.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-03-2015, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate looks very weary, but after all, she is in her last month and probably eager to have it over.
She must be quite uncomfortable at this stage.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Is this a maternity dress? If not maybe that is why the fit is so bad. Very unattractive look for her. She just may have been caught between smiles. It must be pretty hard to smile all the time, none of us do.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Is this a maternity dress? If not maybe that is why the fit is so bad. Very unattractive look for her. She just may have been caught between smiles. It must be pretty hard to smile all the time, none of us do.
No, it's not a maternity dress which explains the fit or lack thereof. At this point in a pregnancy actual maternity dresses are so much more comfortable that I wonder why so many women continue to stuff themselves into regular clothes. Here's the Daily Mail article that shows the dress: Duchess of Cambridge appears to show strain of a busy schedule at lunchtime reception | Daily Mail Online

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion