The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like her outfit, but she just looks so tired...(..)

The color looks nice but when Kate sits it looks like her bust line sits right on top of her belly. I know she's pregnant but this looks unfortunate.

Well, yes, at some stage in a pregnancy, there really is no room anymore...The bust line sits on top the belly naturally, I'm afraid! :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
The color looks nice but when Kate sits it looks like her bust line sits right on top of her belly. I know she's pregnant but this looks unfortunate.

Have you ever been pregnant? There comes a point where unless you are standing all the time this is going to happen. I mean really is it necessary to be this nitpicky on a woman who is 8 months pregnant?

LaRae

Madame Verseau, don't get offended if we've all had such reaction, I think it's all from women who have felt slightly uncomfortable in their 8th months of pregnancies!! Let's just say that maybe what you meant was that you've seen the Duchess in more flattering outfits ?

I like her outfit, but she just looks so tired...I feel for her. Honestly, at this point in a pregnancy, no matter how much help you have, you just want to lie on the sofa in your sweatpants...and with two little ones....oh boy...I hope she goes on maternity leave soon!

But then people would complain she's not pulling her weight when they're officially "full time royals" now. And sadly, most pregnant women work right up to their due dates as full time professionals. I'm guessing St. Patrick's Day will be her final engagement, but maybe she'll work further out given their now full time status.

It's sad that there is so much commentary on her work ethic, especially when you talk to her patronages and they have such wonderful things to say about the work she's done for them!

I don't think she looks tired though! She's looked great these last few weeks! I love all the blue, she wears it well. But I especially like the cornflower color! And the bust and cut of this Seraphine dress is perfect for this stage in pregnancy! It doesn't look like it's pulling and it looks so comfy and quite warm!

oh. I'm not sure about this....:ermm:

It actually looks better on her than on the Orla Kiely's website. Still I'm not sure about all these prints, lately.

But then people would complain she's not pulling her weight when they're officially "full time royals" now. And sadly, most pregnant women work right up to their due dates as full time professionals. I'm guessing St. Patrick's Day will be her final engagement, but maybe she'll work further out given their now full time status.

It's sad that there is so much commentary on her work ethic, especially when you talk to her patronages and they have such wonderful things to say about the work she's done for them!

I don't think she looks tired though! She's looked great these last few weeks! I love all the blue, she wears it well. But I especially like the cornflower color! And the bust and cut of this Seraphine dress is perfect for this stage in pregnancy! It doesn't look like it's pulling and it looks so comfy and quite warm!

Maybe I'm just remembering how I felt at that stage of my pregnancies and see her tired! ?

I agree with all you said. Especially the love for the cornflower blue! :flowers:

I don't think she's "bare-legged" as the Daily Mail is stating.

Last edited by a moderator:

A couple of posts that were no longer discussing the Duchess of Cambridge's fashion choices have been removed as off-topic! Thanks you for your understanding!

Last edited:

I love that she's taking some risks in her evening wear, and I think this one works. But I don't think it would work if she wasn't pregnant, does that make sense? The cut and pattern work well with her belly, she isn't swallowed by it, but worn non-maternity, I think it would just wear her. I like it. It's different, and a fashion risk for her.

And dear Lord, thank you for not going to Erdem again!

I'm not sure about this either. I like the skirt style and I like the print BUT I don't like the neckline/bodice. It needs a V neck or something more open.

LaRae

I think it’s a good look overall. I would pass on the dress just looking at it on the website but it looks pretty on Kate.

Day look is pretty. Again nice in blue. :flowers:

I don't like the evening look. Sorry but it is a miss. I don't get the whole 'taking risks'. Nothing risky/new for her about this dress. I actually don't find it too much of a step away from the Erdem she has been wearing. It reminds me of the 70's housewife looks she wore in Scandinavia. But at least this one is more attractive in color and pattern.

The pattern is nice that's about it. The ruffled bib front, and the black trim on the sleeves once again, just is juvenile looking. I didn't know there was a way to look both matronly and juvenile, but she manages to balance it.

Day look is pretty. Again nice in blue. :flowers:

I don't like the evening look. Sorry but it is a miss. I don't get the whole 'taking risks'. Nothing risky/new for her about this dress. I actually don't find it too much of a step away from the Erdem she has been wearing. It reminds me of the 70's housewife looks she wore in Scandinavia. But at least this one is more attractive in color and pattern.

I don't like it either.
And why another new maternity dress?
Why not wear one she wore for the tour?

Soon she won't have any use for maternity clothes.

She looks wonderful in all the dresses.the evening dress, in the snow, looks fabulously comfortable and flattering. I love the nudeish pink accessories and wouldn’t have chosen the sort of late sixties print, it works for her with the large earrings.the blue one looks a little tight to me but that is my favorite maternity dress of hers. She is getting big but still has a way to go.

Last edited:
The only thing I am not sure is the print, but the rest is fine to me.

I don't like it either.
And why another new maternity dress?
Why not wear one she wore for the tour?

Soon she won't have any use for maternity clothes.

On another site someone complained today because she re-wore the Seraphine dress this morning that she had worn in January. Kate can't win.

Only the two Erdem dresses (the blue and the gold floral) would have been suitable for the evening event and I'm happy we saw neither of them again.

Well I for one love that look, the empire waist, babydoll dress/shirt look. It's one of the reasons I like Kate in the blue dress

Love the accessories which work well with the colours of the dress, but I'm not too keen on the print plus the high neckline and decorative front embellishment. Glad she hadn't gone with Erdem again, but I don't find this too dissimilar.

I like both dresses, they are nice enough. Kate has much worse looking flower dresses in her closet.

I really like the look today.

LaRae

Well, she certainly favors this style of coat! She it in other colors too. But its a nice and classic silhouette and she looks lovely.

I love the white coat. Absolutely beautiful and elegant.

Nice soft colour on the duchess today and lovely style of coat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom