The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-21-2015, 01:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Its not just been this one coat - we.ve been talking new maternity coats/standard coats in bigger sizes for practically very engagement she has been on in the last number of months, and its not as if she does countless engagements
I'm glad she hasn't reused. This pregnancy style has been much better than her last. And again, the expensive pieces is reused a lot. Some princesses reuse a coat (which is obviously reused) but have new bags for £5000 instead.

Old 02-21-2015, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Its not just been this one coat - we.ve been talking new maternity coats/standard coats in bigger sizes for practically very engagement she has been on in the last number of months, and its not as if she does countless engagements
If the recent news is genuine, and Catherine (and William) plan on 'at least' three children, then assembling a maternity wardrobe is reasonable. She didn't have much for her first pregnancy, and if I recall from back then, in all my reading, that was a cause for criticism.

Old 02-21-2015, 04:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
If the recent news is genuine, and Catherine (and William) plan on 'at least' three children, then assembling a maternity wardrobe is reasonable. She didn't have much for her first pregnancy, and if I recall from back then, in all my reading, that was a cause for criticism.
It was. That + too short coats. This time she almost hasn't done any of that, aaaaand she's being criticized. The story of her life....
Old 02-21-2015, 07:16 PM
Heir Apparent

When I've been pregnant, buying new clothes has been a wonderful pick-me-up. Not everyone can do it, and once one has a wardrobe full, seems reasonable to just re-use, but I do know how nice it feels to have something new. Styles do change, new cloth and cuts. It's fun, so I won't fault her. (P.S. It seems like she's buying for public appearances, and what she's buying may be useable when she's not pregnant. Just a thought.)
Old 03-02-2015, 12:06 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

The Duchess at the Goring Hotel's 105th birthday celebration. March 2, 2015

Full view 1 ** Full view 2

The Duchess is wearing the Erdem "Darla" Print Dress
Old 03-02-2015, 12:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the colorful floral print that she's wearing today.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:31 PM
Serene Highness

On her last few engagements I've thought her face is quite haggard looking for her age and it looks that way here as well. I don't like that dress either but I find most of those Erdem dresses quite ugly and the shoes and bag are just the same ones she's worn a lot recently.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Love the dress- although she does look quite tired.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Love the dress- although she does look quite tired.
The dress looks great and comfortable - always a plus in my book.

Sometimes, I think she looks tired to us when she does not have the big smiley Kate face showing to us. She's walking to the car and appears relaxed, if thinking about what's next in her day. Her Hubby is half a world away in a country that his dad and grandfather have both insulted; much is expected of the hubs. She's pregnant enough that sleeping is no longer a slam dunk. She has an active toddler.

She may be tired. She may just be thinking. She may just not have the little mary sunshine face on. We don't know, do we? JMO.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:37 PM
Majesty

The dress is nice, but new again. I wonder what is wrong with wearing dresses from the first pregnancy... I usually dislike the flowery print because it ages but this is way better than the awful Seraphine one
Old 03-02-2015, 01:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
The dress is nice, but new again. I wonder what is worong with wearing dresses from the first pregnancy... I usually dislike the flowery print because it ages but this is way bestter than the awful Seraphine one

The dress is new to us - ie we haven't seen it before. It is from the Erdem collection from 2013. She may have worn it before, she may have worn it during her last pregnancy.

Can we just give her some lee-way? Why assume what appears to be "the worst" - that it has to be a brand new dress.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-02-2015, 01:52 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
The dress is new to us - ie we haven't seen it before. It is from the Erdem collection from 2013. She may have worn it before, she may have worn it during her last pregnancy.

Can we just give her some lee-way? Why assume what appears to be "the worst" - that it has to be a brand new dress.

You are free to "praise" her whenever you want I won't do it just because you think different, that's all
Old 03-02-2015, 01:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
You are free to "praise" her whenever you want I won't do it just because you think different, that's all
I wasnt praising her, I was pointing out we don't have all the information and that dress is 2 years old.

Old 03-02-2015, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I really like the style and fit of this dress, but I'm not sure about the pattern. The colors are lovely, but the print is a little too much for me.

Like cepe said, this could very well be something that she's had in her closet and never got a chance to wear during her first pregnancy. But even if it is new, I don't see why it's a problem. What's interesting is that at one point she was criticized for recycling too much, now she's criticized for not recycling enough.

Personally, I like seeing new clothes. It would be incredibly boring if all the royal women stopped wearing new outfits and just recycled all of their old stuff.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:58 PM
Majesty

I've never criticised her for recycling too much, on the contrary I've always thought that was good. But I merely think the claim that "that dress is new only to us" for every new dress she sports is a weak excuse IMO.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I really like the style and fit of this dress, but I'm not sure about the pattern. The colors are lovely, but the print is a little too much for me.

Like cepe said, this could very well be something that she's had in her closet and never got a chance to wear during her first pregnancy. But even if it is new, I don't see why it's a problem. What's interesting is that at one point she was criticized for recycling too much, now she's criticized for not recycling enough.

Personally, I like seeing new clothes. It would be incredibly boring if all the royal women stopped wearing new outfits and just recycled all of their old stuff.
I dont like the print either. Too many contrasting colours for me - I prefer prints such as the blue Seraphine - muted and blending.

Old 03-02-2015, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Yep, I much prefer the Blue Seraphine dress.

Quote:
I've never criticised her for recycling too much, on the contrary I've always thought that was good. But I merely think the claim that "that dress is new only to us" for every new dress she sports is a weak excuse IMO.
Maybe, but it could also be true. We don't really know when she bought the dress, so it's possible that she has had it in her closet for awhile. It's also possible that she just bought it. Regardless, I don't really see the problem in her buying new things...especially during pregnancy. Your body changes so much, so something that fits today, may not fit tomorrow.

That may also be why she's not recycling the clothes from her first pregnancy. She looks like she's carrying a bit differently this time, so it's possible the clothes may not fit. Not to mention that styles change, so she may no longer like anything she wore before.

I think she's looked more polished this pregnancy, so I'm actually glad she's not recycling much.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Maybe, but it could also be true. We don't really know when she bought the dress, so it's possible that she has had it in her closet for awhile. It's also possible that she just bought it. Regardless, I don't really see the problem in her buying new things...especially during pregnancy. Your body changes so much, so something that fits today, may not fit tomorrow.

That may also be why she's not recycling the clothes from her first pregnancy. She looks like she's carrying a bit differently this time, so it's possible the clothes may not fit. Not to mention that styles change, so she may no longer like anything she wore before.

I think she's looked more polished this pregnancy, so I'm actually glad she's not recycling much.

Okay, we'll agree to disagree then since sporting new clothes has not been something happening only during the pregnancy. I don't claim that she should wear all her old pregnancy clothes but to me it's strange that she hasn't worn at least one of them so far. Just IMO of course
Old 03-02-2015, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Catherine looks very nice for a lunch event and I like the colours of the pattern. The pattern itself seems more abstract than other florals she has worn, I'd like to see the same pattern but in a stiffer more structured outfit such as a coat or jacket and skirt.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:35 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I like the dress, what I don't like is the hair hanging down and the shoes. Kate looks absolutely exhausted.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion