The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this Erdem dress so much better than the ones from the tour. I like how the skirt flares at the bottom.

She is at the swollen ankles stage now. I realized it in other pics from tonight. Walking in heels can't be easy!

She is at the swollen ankles stage now. I realized it in other pics from tonight. Walking in heels can't be easy!

She has like two months to go! Crazy how fast this snuck up. It is almost March. The baby and wedding will be here before we know it.

Style a bit meh for a fashion event....but the print is fantastic :flowers:

Better erdem then we have seen in a while but wish she would try something new.

I like but don’t love the dress. It looks good on her - a lot of clothes do - but it’s nothing memorable.

Overall she looks really good for her stage of pregnancy! Comfortable, not too tired.

She looks so good for 7 months...I know I never looked so elegant at that stage!

LaRae

I am also sick of Erdem and feel their dresses rarely flatter anyone. This one is pretty, I like the sleeve detail and the length and the ruffle around the bottom. But the print starts to make me feel sea sick

A number of posts about fashion bloggers Tom and Lorenzo have been removed as off-topic as they no longer had anything to do with the Duchess of Cambridge's fashion choices. Some like their reviews, some don't, but this is not topic of this thread. Thank you for your understanding!

While I like the pattern, I find the Erdem dress very unflattering in length.

Kate wearing green D&G coat today.

LaRae

Yes I do like it. For those who like that dark brass (?) button instead of the gold, like she wore on the Maroon/Wine D&G, this will be right up their alley.

LaRae

Last edited:
She is having quite the designer wardrobe this pregnancy and lots of new coats. I do wonder if some from her pregnancy with Charlotte could have been repeated. Less thrifty Kate these days - i miss the younger newly married Kate at times.

IMO that's how most women I know do things when it comes to clothes. Recycle a few items, buy new items, donate items you don't want any longer for whatever reason.

LaRae

The coat is off...looks like a black/white (?) Seraphine dress. Not sure about that yet...need a better look.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved the BAFTA dress, but agree the greens clash. It's a little distracting. If she was going to wear the emeralds, then it would be better to pair them with a neutral color, like maybe a dove gray.

The colors are kind of somber. I wonder if she's getting to the stage of pregnancy where she doesn't feel like wearing anything in particular.

Everyone has said how stunning Kate looks. #Royalvisit

Mum and daughter Alex Birrell and Christine Ramshaw met Kate and called her flawless. #Royalvisit

Via Sophie Brownson Twitter

I loved the BAFTA dress, but agree the greens clash. It's a little distracting. If she was going to wear the emeralds, then it would be better to pair them with a neutral color, like maybe a dove gray.

I would of loved to see her wearing the Cambridge Emeralds. The color is darker and I think they are a nicer set than the ones she had on.

LaRae

The colors are kind of somber. I wonder if she's getting to the stage of pregnancy where she doesn't feel like wearing anything in particular.

Also wanting to avoid looking larger than one is....

LaRae

She is having quite the designer wardrobe this pregnancy and lots of new coats. I do wonder if some from her pregnancy with Charlotte could have been repeated. Less thrifty Kate these days - i miss the younger newly married Kate at times.
Charlotte was born in May, so I think perhaps the type of clothes she wore for the week/semester/month (whatever you want to call it) for that pregnancy may not be appropriate for the weather now.

Also, when Kate was expecting Charlotte, she had fewer engagements--she was still very much part time. More engagements=more clothing. People would be disappointed if she recycled the same outfit a week later. And there is no way Kate fits in the clothing she wore 2-3 months ago.

Kate's 3rd trimesters with George and Charlotte were much warmer weather and lighter weight clothes. I loved some of those dresses and coats (the yelllow Emilia Wickstead she wore to a garden party comes to mind) - but they are just not right for this cold weather. The green coat today was lovely but very snug - I dont think it will fit in a few more weeks.

I bet it won't fit in the next week or two at most. Will be interesting how much we see her over the next 6 weeks.

LaRae

No on the print dress. It looks like someone tore down some curtains and stitched them together. :ermm:

Yeah not a fan of the print now that I've seen the dress on her.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom