The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-12-2015, 09:12 AM
Nobility

Not to sound like I am being defensive but Catherine was pregnant slightly later in the year with Prince George, so the coats she was wearing when larger would have been lighter coats.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortillaChips View Post
Not to sound like I am being defensive but Catherine was pregnant slightly later in the year with Prince George, so the coats she was wearing when larger would have been lighter coats.
I agree. It's also colder this time in the UK, not so? Anyway, when pregnant, whatever makes the lady happy, is my mantra. (If one can afford it, and they can, so why not?)

Old 02-12-2015, 09:18 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I agree. Plus it seems like her pregnancy style has changed. Less boxy, short coats this time. I'm all for that :P
Old 02-12-2015, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I'm loving this coat. It looks really good on her.

I don't think it's a big deal that she wearing a new coat. It's not like she can't afford new clothes. Plus, just because it's new to us, doesn't mean it's new to her. She could have had this in her closet from when she was pregnant with George.

Kate recycles quite a bit. In fact, she's been criticized for repeating too much. I posted before that more than half the clothes she wore on the Australia/New Zealand trip were repeats or have been worn since the trip. I'm sure this coat will get plenty of use too.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
That's a fair point, but there are coats from this pregnancy that could surely be used again.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:02 AM
Heir Apparent

And I think the grey hairs are peeping back through, too! She looked great today.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I agree. It's also colder this time in the UK, not so? Anyway, when pregnant, whatever makes the lady happy, is my mantra. (If one can afford it, and they can, so why not!)
It is freezing down here on the coast, so warm coats are needed right now

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-12-2015, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

On Twitter, someone pointed out that Eugenie wore the same white Max Mara coat on Christmas.

Princess Eugenie Pictures - The Royal Family Attend Church On Christmas Day - Zimbio
Old 02-12-2015, 11:01 AM
Heir Apparent

I am a push over for a white coat .. I love the coat
Old 02-12-2015, 12:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Love the coat and look.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:30 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The white coat is nice but I think would've been nicer left open. The dress underneath is cute and ideal for an expecting mother, moreover its a nice loose/comfy fit.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:59 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I do think that Kate looked good on her today - cream is a colour that suits her well. Wasnt so fussed on the dress underneath - you could tell it wasnt great fitting for a nearly 7month pregnant person - cause it wasnt designed for that.

She did have a coat from her first pregnancy - the Mulberry coat worn to the scout parade. It was expensive and it hasnt been seen since. Agree that she has quite a few pregnancies coats from this time round so maybe it would have been better to get more wear from there. Lets see what she has on next week

Old 02-12-2015, 01:01 PM
Heir Apparent

I liked the dress underneath today.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:41 PM
Heir Apparent

The scout parade at Windsor was on Apr 21, 2013. The weather was sunny with a high of 58 F. The high in Portsmouth today was in the low 40s F with cloudy skies. The Mulberry coat may not have worked for today's weather. She is off a season from George's where it was spring at this point but baby 2 is winter at 7 months.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-12-2015, 01:46 PM
Majesty

The coat is beautiful! I love the simple and elegant style and the color. I also love the blue shoes and clutch. She looks lovely.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Generally I don't like creamy and white outfits.

But it suits Kate, mainly because of her body type and hair colour.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
The white coat is nice but I think would've been nicer left open. The dress underneath is cute and ideal for an expecting mother, moreover its a nice loose/comfy fit.
Dress underneath is by Alice Temperley

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...3766461091.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...3761492856.jpg
Old 02-12-2015, 02:36 PM
Aristocracy

I have a question about the coat. Just below Catherine's bust line, there are two thread marks which appear to be for hidden buttons that are used to keep the coat closed. I thought with good tailoring, you weren't supposed to see the hidden buttons. For example, on a man's double breasted suit jacket, you don't see where the button is that holds the under fabric in place. So, is this just the manufacturer is too lazy or cheap to do it properly or is this another one of those weird fashion trends like zippers on the outside of garments?
Old 02-12-2015, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

Having now seen the video footage of today's events, I think Catherine looks very elegant in both the white coat and the dress underneath - the dress had nice lines and was very chic. I would have loved to see the whole outfit with the coat open as the contrast in colours was nice too.
Lady Marlboro, I suspect that the coat detailing was indeed one of those odd fashion trends, (perhaps the next trend fashion designers will go for is for laundry label to be sewn on the outside!) but it didn't detract from the over all look.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:17 PM
Majesty

The dress is lovely! I love the print.

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion