The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-17-2015, 03:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
She looks younger in these recent pix. I liked the blue with pink pockets, I could imagine a first grade teacher wearing it. I hate the color brown but I really like the brown shirt dress, it's stylish and makes her look young aND fresh. You can barely see a belly. I don't like brown with black though but I can't say nude stockings would look better, and I'm sure the thick black ones were warmer. As a woman on her second pregnancy I'm sure she knows what she is comfortable in. It seems Kate wears clothes tailored to the event and are appropriate, not meant to dazzle anyone.
I agree. Especially with the last part. Everyone is complaining she's boring, she didn't add a statement piece, her clothes look the same yadda yadda. I think that is EXACTLY the point. She is playing it safe. Not from "fear" but to take the edge of her clothing.

Old 01-17-2015, 03:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
It seems Kate wears clothes tailored to the event and are appropriate, not meant to dazzle anyone.
Exactly my impression, too. She's developing a kind of 'working wardrobe', not a 'clothes horse' wardrobe.

Maybe 'boring' is just the 'note' she is looking to achieve, fitting in with those around her.

(Not that I ever wear anything boring! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I agree. Especially with the last part. Everyone is complaining she's boring, she didn't add a statement piece, her clothes look the same yadda yadda. I think that is EXACTLY the point. She is playing it safe. Not from "fear" but to take the edge off her clothing.
hernameispekka, I saw your post after I posted my post. We think alike. Exactly so!

Old 01-17-2015, 08:30 PM
Serene Highness

Can someone post a pic where the bust looks anywhere close to "too tight"? For the life of me, I don't see it.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:56 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail Love this @SeraphineLtd coat on the Duchess of Cambridge today https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7tKRt2IYAEdBeJ.jpg:large

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail The Duchess of Cambridge is wearing this maternity dress underneath her coat also by @SeraphineLtd http://www.seraphine.com/seraphine-florrie-floral-print-dress.html …

"Hello!": Kate covers up bump in favourite maternity label Seraphine
Old 01-19-2015, 07:02 AM
Royal Highness

She looks beautiful today! That coat looks so cozy! Excited for an ID of the dress.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:18 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Pretty baby blue coat by Seraphine

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...1664005151.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...1664013865.jpg

Glimpse on the dress underneath
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...1663014566.jpg
Old 01-19-2015, 07:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Definitely a better look (compared to two last) but us usual loose hanging hair...
Old 01-19-2015, 08:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
She looks beautiful today! That coat looks so cozy! Excited for an ID of the dress.

The dress is by the same company as the coat. :)

The coat is a lovely colour and I'm glad she's wearing maternity wear now.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:50 AM
Serene Highness

No discussion, this Baby blue one is 1000 times better than the 2 previous ones. But I think, she NEEDS this "look, only 49 GBP, I can be cost efficient as well" dresses here and there to prove, that she is not "over the top".
And we had this again last time.
But she has proven, that she can do better as well.....
BYe Bine
Old 01-19-2015, 09:17 AM
Heir Apparent

It's a sell out! Kate Middleton's £195 Seraphine 'Natasha' blue coat is a fashion hit

Kate Middleton's £195 Seraphine 'Natasha' blue coat sells out | Style | Life & Style | Daily Express
Old 01-19-2015, 09:48 AM
Majesty

I thought the Duchess looked very elegant today. The coat and dress were both very suitable for the event.

That said, I do think it odd that Catherine just does not seem to be reusing her clothes for public engagements. I think this is completely unwarranted, and just does not send out the right message.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:51 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I thought the Duchess looked very elegant today. The coat and dress were both very suitable for the event.

That said, I do think it odd that Catherine just does not seem to be reusing her clothes for public engagements. I think this is completely unwarranted, and just does not send out the right message.
She usually reuses (and the brown dress was a reuse, just that it had been under coats earlier). This pregnancy she has done it less but that might be because of the way her body is changing.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
She usually reuses (and the brown dress was a reuse, just that it had been under coats earlier). This pregnancy she has done it less but that might be because of the way her body is changing.
Surely some of the coats from the trip to NY could be reused. What about the blue Matthew Williamson coat (in a colour similar to the one worn today) that she wore to a game in Wales before Christmas?
Old 01-19-2015, 10:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Surely some of the coats from the trip to NY could be reused. What about the blue Matthew Williamson coat (in a colour similar to the one worn today) that she wore to a game in Wales before Christmas?
I agree some could have been. And also agree that she has been reusing less but all I said was that she has reused. That blue Matthew Williamson I would really doubt fit around her by now.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

I think she should wear whatever she feels comfortable in. Whether that is a reuse or a new outfit.
I don't buy into 'sending the wrong message'. She's a multi-millionaire royal duchess. Everyone knows Kate is wealthy, so just wear what she likes is my opinion.
The opinion of reporters on Twitter is Kate recycles too much so she can't win
Old 01-19-2015, 10:52 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If no one spends any money than the economy would collapse. People need to buy the goods that companies produced. It's a £200 coat which is quite reasonable and people will go and buy it which helps the British economy. It's Duchy of Cornwall money that's paying for it anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 01-19-2015, 10:53 AM
Royal Highness

Much, much better then what she wore before.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:00 AM
Heir Apparent

She looks great today. I will say, though that my first thought about the print of the dress was that it looked like an Angela Kelly choice for the Queen. So - not my first choice if Kate were letiing me pick (which, she is not ).
Old 01-19-2015, 11:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Love the color of the coat...the style is just so/so. The dress is the best part of the ensemble.

LaRae
Old 01-19-2015, 11:18 AM
Serene Highness

A vast improvement over the last couple of outfits!

Tags
duchess of cambridge, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy fashion, duchess of cambridge pregnancy style, duchess of cambridge's maternity fashion, kate middleton pregnancy style, kate's fashion, kate's maternity fashion, maternity fashion