The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 9: November 2018 - November 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that really is a 40's style dress and would have benefited from the addition of metallic finish strappy shoes and matching clutch. A vintage hairstyle would have knocked it out of the park.

Agreed. Love the dress. But a different pair of shoes would have perfected the look. Hairstyle too, but the shoes is the main thing imo.

Yes I agree with previous comments. A lovely dress and a beautiful shade but it could be a stunning look with bolder accessories.

Duchess of Cambridge at the reception in Belfast tonight! Elegant with Missoni!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0b3Zk3VsAAy5F5?format=jpg&name=medium

I love the dress, but hate the shoes and bag with it. She owns several silver bags and shoes that would have been fabulous with this dress. Or one of her grey shoes even.

I’m beyond tired of royal women wearing nude/beige/pinkish/etc. shoes with everything.

Isn't this a repeat? It looks familiar, but I can't quite place it.

No, this dress is new.
Are you maybe thinking of this silver one?
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f9/5c/27/f95c275dee7d90227b5cd7b7944357fa.jpg

No, this dress is new.
Are you maybe thinking of this silver one?
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f9/5c/27/f95c275dee7d90227b5cd7b7944357fa.jpg

Thank you for posting that photo, I've been searching to see where I had seen the Missoni dress before, but, of course, couldn't find anything. I don't think the dress you posted is the one I was thinking of, but it's also possible I saw something similar being worn by a celebrity and got them confused. Thanks for trying to help me out!

Actually quite like the evening look. Lovely dress. Looks good in silver :flowers:

I agree she needs different accessories, and I'd like her hair up though.

Is this the first evening look she has worn from the Italian design house? I know she has a few day time coats.

I think silver shoes or sandals would have been too flashy and formal for this particular engagement. Grey might have been a good choice if they were the right shade.

I’m beyond tired of royal women wearing nude/beige/pinkish/etc. shoes with everything.
I agree. There are so many colour combo possibilities when you have the budget for multiple accessories. An olive or teal could have worked with this dress.

I love the dress style but I'm not mad on the colour on her pale skin. It would probably look better later in the year when she has a tan. The voluminous blow-dry isn't working well with it either.

I agree about the hair and shoes in particular.
Those nude heels are becoming for Kate something like those black QEII shoes!

I don't care for that midi-length on anyone, and those full sleeves look off to me.
Yet she does look very pretty; I like the color.

She looked wonderful in this green dress!

LaRae

Different shoes and clutch would be nice. The sparkle and the pleated, floppy skirt is perfect for her height and slim figure. She looks well in the midi length

Not 100% sure this is the same dress. If it is they changed the top completely.
The top is cut differently. Was there more than one model with that fabric whwn the dress was released with the rest of the collection?

Looks like its had a few alterations from its last outing,an updo hairstyle would have perfect this appearance.

It's the same dress...with alterations. I really like this.

LaRae

This is a lovely dress, although I will say that I slightly prefer its previous version. It looks beautiful in motion.

And I agree that an updo would have been the way to go.

When kate repeats a dress (especially something so distinctive), I find she usually tries to style her hair and accessories completley different than the first time.

I loved it the first time - i like it now - but it had a show stopping moment the first time. I also think it was worn with a petticoat before to give it that sway and ball gown feel. This time a bit more practical.

I like the outing of this dress this time a whole lot better than the first time. I absolutely hated it the first time and it's still not my favorite, but it's miles better than what it used to be.

Catherine's dress tonight isn't normally something I'd like but it's really pretty and looks great on her. Love the colours together too. Sweet but simple.

I have always liked this dress, I actually prefer the previous version but the adjustments are nice.

An elegant, chic dress for this event for the Duchess tonight!

This isn’t my favorite dress she has, but I vastly prefer the new version.
I’m also thrilled to see her alter a dress because it gives me hope that some of her other dresses will be improved as well.

Last edited:
I also like the new version, because I hated the 2017 version (she is already slender, but it made her too thin, it was unflatterring). But this new upper design is very nice and it suits her a lot.

I think she should have saved money and time, and left it unaltered. Change up hair and accessories if needed, but the dress no. It can be done right, Mary transforms her gowns often, but this was a miss.

I find the cap sleeves paired with the print and band, make it feel childish.

What I liked about the original was that the off shoulder design made it feel a bit more stylish and mature, balancing out the print and bands to it.

And she needs an updo of some kind for an evening look like this.

I like the altered version better on her. More flattering.

I think the original gown suited the BAFTAs, the alterations made it less va-va-voom and more suitable for the museum gala.

Not a good dress for Kate but I prefer the alterations at the top.
Hair up is a must, that was better last time.

I think the original gown suited the BAFTAs, the alterations made it less va-va-voom and more suitable for the museum gala.
I agree with you, both dresses were very suitable for the events they were worn to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom