The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 9: November 2018 - November 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love her hair styled with the headband...has almost a 60's vibe. Beautiful!

Catherine looks wonderful tonight, very elegant and polished. I'm neutral on the headband: I don't think it looks bad by any stretch, but I also am not sure it fits the occasion.

Picture perfect. That dress - especially the neckline - is a perfect choice. Wouldn't mind having it in myself (although I'm quite sure it wouldn't look as good on me as it does on Catherine).

I'm a bit unsure about the hair but it seems to work.

Poised, regal, self confident : perfect as always.

Catherine looks beautiful but I find her headband to be rather childish and out of place (not quite right for this event).

....????... what´s "ridiculous" about a headband, please...?!:sad::ermm:
The Duches looked absolutely perfect from head to toe.

Since I posted the original comment, I will give you my opinion. She is a 37 year old woman wearing something that looks very juvenile.

The dress is nothing special, but the headband is truly lovely and frames her face very well.

Yes I too am curious why a headband is childish or wrong for the occasion. It seems a very practical way to keep your hair back from your face. It’s not as if it is covered with bows or ornamentation, just a simple headband .

I think, worn correctly, a headband can work very well on a mature woman. In the case of the DoC the band is set high and back on the crown of her head, not in the flat more foreward way schoolgirls tend to wear them.

Kate makes hers both regal and elegant. JMHO.

ETA: I agree with Zaira that the headband actually elevates the entire look. I don't find the dress remarkable at all.

Last edited:
I think, worn correctly, a headband can work very well on a mature woman. In the case of the DoC the band is set high and back on the crown of her head, not in the flat more foreward way schoolgirls tend to wear them.

Kate makes hers both regal and elegant. JMHO.

Couldn’t have put it better myself.

I wasn’t aware you couldn’t wear headbands past your younger years.

The dress is simple and elegant. Love the bateau on her.

Looks like her and Meghan swapped styles for the evening.

Sorry I am on the boat with the 'way too juvenile' headband. Its a Zara piece that any teenager would buy for the dance. They belong on teen and below, or adults going to costume parties.

Any ID on her designer?

The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 9: November 2018 -

I love the headband. It really completes the look. Adds something special. The dress is simple, classic, elegant, lovely neckline. The black belt accents the dress nicely.

Last edited:
I think the headband is the hit in Kate look today,the dress is nothing special but appropriate for the occasion...while the headband is truly a lovely add

I like the headband ...but the dress is meh. She looks fine of course just a bland dress.

LaRae

She's had trouble with her hair in the past two events IMO. It's not working at all. The dress does what it's meant to do so that's good.

Not feeling that headband either. Or the dress. Not liking any of the dresses to be honest.

She's had trouble with her hair in the past two events IMO. It's not working at all. The dress does what it's meant to do so that's good.

Hmm-I thought her hair at Thursday’s event was fabulous and I had serious hair envy.:lol:

The dress is simple and elegant. Love the bateau on her.

Looks like her and Meghan swapped styles for the evening.

Sorry I am on the boat with the 'way too juvenile' headband. Its a Zara piece that any teenager would buy for the dance. They belong on teen and below, or adults going to costume parties.

Any ID on her designer?

Maybe Charlotte picked out the headband for her mum and Kate felt compelled to wear it for some "special" occasion like tonight. It's pretty and gives a bit of glitter to the whole look.

I'm with others, the headband looks fine but the dress is very underwhelming with it.

perfect. kate just doesn't disappoint. that dress is a dream, and i also love the headband.

is the dress blue? or black? what does protocol state on wearing blue to remembrance day events? i am sure she wouldn't have wore it if not appropriate, but i think i had not seen anyone else in blue.

perfect. kate just doesn't disappoint. that dress is a dream, and i also love the headband.

is the dress blue? or black? what does protocol state on wearing blue to remembrance day events? i am sure she wouldn't have wore it if not appropriate, but i think i had not seen anyone else in blue.

https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/...ince-Philip-attended-Festival-Remembrance.jpg
https://c8.alamy.com/comp/G9K37J/royal-festival-of-remembrance-G9K37J.jpg
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/...er+Wilkinson+Queen+Elizabeth+Ng-GhQPm5-7l.jpg

Couldn’t have put it better myself.

I wasn’t aware you couldn’t wear headbands past your younger years.

i hope not - I just bought one to use through the holidays:flowers:. I thought the headband was a very elegant way to elevate the look for a evening night out - the same way you would use velvet, satin and beading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom