The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 8: March 2017 - November 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I just saw a much clearer and better photo of Kate's pink lace evening gown and....I love it. I mean I really love it. It would only work on a tall slender woman like the DoC and she looks absolutely beautiful.

So can I change my vote or is it too late??:lol:

Can I ask where you saw it, please? I'd really like to see a clear picture.

There is a long history between Marchesa, Harvey Weinstein and the casting couch. Therefore this dress still gets a big no for me.

Her dress and shoes are much nicer tonight but I still think she should try a long lob with straight hair.

I usually love the way she dresses, but I'm not sure if it's the hair, her dress itself. or the shoes with the dress...something is off to me and the look is not on point like it usually is.
I love the shoes, I like the dress, and her hair is just ok to me. hmmmm...I don't know. for some reason, she is just not that "polished" looking to me. She usually has the "simple, elegant look to her. But it seems like she might be going for a "trendy" look??

I usually love the way she dresses, but I'm not sure if it's the hair, her dress itself. or the shoes with the dress...something is off to me and the look is not on point like it usually is.
I love the shoes, I like the dress, and her hair is just ok to me. hmmmm...I don't know. for some reason, she is just not that "polished" looking to me. She usually has the "simple, elegant look to her. But it seems like she might be going for a "trendy" look??

The hair and dress and gold earrings are all lovely. The shoes, however, have odd spacing between the straps. The top strap seems too high ... something there is throwing off the proportions of shoes-leg-dress-hair we're used to with her day looks.

I usually love the Duchess' outfits, but this is a huge miss for me.
I just don't understand the combination of two shades of purple in the shoes and the bag, the blue dress and the golden earrings. The dress is okay, the earings are okay, but the shoes and the bag are not good with this outfit. Pearls and ivory accessories would have made it way more sophisticated and elegant in my opinion. Usually I'm totally in for some nice colored accessories, but this is a missmatch and not half as good as her usual style. I don't know what happened here, after her stunning appereance last night.
I'm still mourning her hair. I absolutely do not understand why she decided to cut it like this. It makes her look so old! I loved the curls and the long hair.

I like the shoes and the hair, everything in between is a miss for me. The dress is plain and quite boring.

Not a fan of this outfit and the shoes in particular stand out but not in a good way,she normally dresses so well but I guess it was an off day.

This look is a huge miss.
I don't like anything about her today, the dress is boring. The shoes arent great. The hair is horrible and the clutch isn't matching the rest of the outfit.

It seems like she's worn random items, not put together like she usually is.

I am in the minority because I like the simplicity and freshness of this look.

I like it too. Simple dress with unexpected fun shoes. Her hair looks so lush and healthy curled like that. The only nit pick I have is different jewelry.

Baaahaaa Moonmaiden.. come over to the dark side!!!!!

Where's the link to the clearer pic??? I know the instant I saw the upper part I just knew I loved it! Love the softness and romantic element from the sleeves.

LaRae

Catherine at the NHM this evening for the unveiling of Hope.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEo5Jm-XUAEX0fA.jpg

Oh that's cute and look at her shoes!!

LaRae

Yes...a nod to the retro too. I am not a fan of white usually, but she looks great in this. If Charlene was in it people would be going on and on about how chic it was...(where is my eye rolling icon)...

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 8: March 2017 -

So do I. The shoes are a good balance to the simple dress. Love her hair too.

I like it too. Simple dress with unexpected fun shoes. Her hair looks so lush and healthy curled like that. The only nit pick I have is different jewelry.

That is what I think as well.
The dress is pretty but needs a necklace or pin.

The reports are saying the dress is pale blue. Hard to tell from the photos but In which case, I think the purple accessories would work well.

The reports are saying the dress is pale blue. Hard to tell from the photos but In which case, I think the purple accessories would work well.

I wonder if she was trying to compliment the "Hope" display in blue and purples. she looked lovely but i thought a little under accessorized (but maybe she felt she had run the table the night before on jewelry and would just go simple )

I like her shoes & clutch, but the dress needs a necklace or brooch.

For those who do not like her shorter hair, IMO it is due to extensions being taken out, so if she decides she doesn't like this length they can always be put back in.

That wonderful necklace filled in her v neckline so prettily!

I think she looks great, and I love the shorter hair. Very nice!

not a fan either... :(
i guess there's nothing wrong with it, but it is just a bit boring.

Catherine looked absolutely stunning at the state dinner!!! I very much liked her look today especially the shoes .... outstanding.

Love the shorter and curvier hair. The dress and shoes look terrific, it just screams for a necklace and bracelets

I also am in the minority here, I like this dress, now I see white yet some say blue, it is the style, simple, clean and fresh for an event. Yes it needs a brooch but I don't get the impression Catherine is into brooches. Ah, her hair, is gorgeous and I love the length on her, the curls make her look younger and pretty. This is a good look after last night, that I won't go there.
And most of all, see that smile and the way she is engaged with everyone, perfect.

I actually quite like the look. It's simple and clean. Fresh change from her fussier lace looks. :flowers:

Love the shoes, gives a pop of interest to the basic look. ?

And yes, the hair cut is such a great improvement.

The blue dress is very elegant and beautiful. Love the style and color.

A powder blue dress by Preen by Thornton Bregazzi, very plain & boring, the top is like a t-shirt. I don't like the shoes but the most horrible is the hair, beauty pageant curls gone wrong what makes her look like a middle aged housewife.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017...0_other_new_displays_c-m-63_1499977615371.jpg

Kate shouldn't part her hair directly down the middle like that - it does nothing for her. She looks much better when her part is off-centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom