The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-17-2017, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I don't like the dress but hair and jewels accessories are really good!

Old 07-17-2017, 03:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Yay..there's more than 2 of us now not so sure about the dress <G>

LaRae

Old 07-17-2017, 03:42 PM
Heir Apparent

The dress is very structural and made of v stiff material. Its a quite complex design - I like it.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-17-2017, 03:50 PM
Royal Highness

I can't say I love the dress. But I love that Kate is wearing it! It's fun, it's quirky, it's fashion, it's structural. It's a risk. But a risk based on a very standard Kate silouette! And the styling is traditional, which works very well. I like it!
Old 07-17-2017, 04:01 PM
Nobility

I'm not sure about the random black lines, but otherwise I like the dress. It's a good style and fit for her. I like the leafy (?) styled belt.

Her hair is fabulous, and I love the pearl necklace. It's such a fun, yet elegant, piece.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:14 PM
Courtier

I don't care for the top of the dress but the dress as a whole is very interesting. It's great that she's wearing a polish designer and I like that she's mixing it up a it recently with her fashion choices.

Hair, make up, jewellery, etc are all spot on.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I often call Kate boring therefore i love this different and daring dress on her, for me the look works. A Polish designer is a great choice.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Duchess of Cambridge of the garden party tonight! The dress is from Polish designer
Gosia Baczynska

Beautiful!!

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t5...05579776_n.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...0317764300.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DE9VPnUUMAAB8MV?format=jpg
Brava! Nice styling, too! Head to toe good stuff, while using a local designer and making a more edgy fashion choice than usual.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:36 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm glad to see a neat updo, and in general I do like the concept of this white dress with black lines. There is something rather odd going on with the dart lines in the bosom area, but I think this is something new and different and fresh. Good to see a Polish design too.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Love the dress! The hair and jewels are perfect
Old 07-17-2017, 09:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Duchess of Cambridge of the garden party tonight! The dress is from Polish designer
Gosia Baczynska

Beautiful!!

Catherine's hair and makeup look amazing and her faux pearl earrings and necklace work extremely well with the cut of the dress.

Unfortunately, I am not a fan of the dress itself. The jagged black lines make the skirt look stiff and the piping at the neck goes around the neck on the right and stops half way up the neckline on the left. Too wonky an effect to lend itself to elegance although Catherine gave it her best shot.

Too wonky a
Old 07-17-2017, 10:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Sorry not going to change my opinion she is boring. When 9/10 you wear the same standard silhouettes, the 1 time you differ doesn't make you not boring. Her evening clothes she at least takes chances. Her day looks how often do we say, is that a recycle it looks like...... And if not, well looks it's an inch shorter I'd a shade darker. Today's day look prime example.

Tonight......

Glad she took a chance. I like evenings (her casual looks best) as she does try. But that said the random lines are bizarre and not that flattering.

Her hair looks stunning. And I love the pearl necklace

Not huge fan of ear bobs, but dress modern enough, they work well.

Other then risk, thing I love about dress is belt. Love the detail.

Nice touch going with a polish designer. I was a tad worried she'd do as she dud in Canada, wear a British designer but Canadian flag color. This was great.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Catherine's hair and makeup look amazing and her faux pearl earrings and necklace work extremely well with the cut of the dress.

Unfortunately, I am not a fan of the dress itself. The jagged black lines make the skirt look stiff and the piping at the neck goes around the neck on the right and stops half way up the neckline on the left. Too wonky an effect to lend itself to elegance although Catherine gave it her best shot.

Too wonky a

I thought maybe they were real pearls?

LaRae
Old 07-18-2017, 12:40 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Totally wrong outfit!

The dress is too pale, boring and looks like a t-shirt paired with a skirt.

The shoes are nice but not with this dress. The clutch was nice enough but the color was off. You had powder blue dress, purple/gold clutch and black shoes.

The hair looks great short but the curls didn't look good and the parting should stop, it simply doesn't flatter her in anyway.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...9977615371.jpg
I really like this dress actually, and I find Kate's clothes boring more often than not.

I like her shorter hair but I think she could wear it back, or up, more - that would enhance outfits like this one which may seem boring.

As for the white dress she wore today, I didn't mind it, but the chest area was a bit questionable...it could have been designed better.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:06 AM
Nobility

I like the dress. Its kind of structural and edgy, a lot more different from the dresses she has worn before. Also nice tribute to wear something by the Polish designer.
Her updo and jewellery looked beautiful and well matched with the dress.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:43 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post

Well I wonder why some think she is boring, she can't be dressed to the nines all the time, as for this dress......from the top to the waist a great dress on her, now the bottom.....what is that going on there? Those black lines sticking out and the way the fabric is sticking out.....not liking this one bit. Different yes and I think an acquired taste.
Well, you can't change your mind to the opposite just because she wore one nice outfit which isn't boring. More likely, I would think, this time she looked great! Sometimes she does dress boringly. Everybody has a view on fashion and its always different, we wont always agree with one another on whats nice, what isn't, colors, cuts etc.Opinions need to be respected even though one doesn't agree.

Quote:
Gosia Baczynska

Beautiful!!

Lovely dress and I love the black lines. This really was something different and it suited her well. I liked the black pumps with the tie around her ankles and the black clutch. Im not fond of the pearls, they look bulky but did look good with the outfit.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:51 AM
Majesty

I find the white and black dress terrible. One of her worst looks. It's a great style but not the design.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:47 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The jagged part of the bottom half of Catherine's dress ruins it for me. I like the design and the dress itself really suits Catherine but the jagged part seems unnecessary. Still; it's lovely that she wore a Polish designer.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-18-2017, 10:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

The style of the white Polish gown is impressive though I'm not in love with the jagged design; but I feel the overall look is still a plus.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-19-2017, 01:29 AM
Majesty

The Polish designer about the dress who design for Duchess

&#39;Classy and a little bit rebellious&#39;: Gosia Baczynska on making a dress for the Duchess of Cambridge

Tags
duchess of cambridge cocktail dresses, duchess of cambridge evening wear, duchess of cambridge eveningwear, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge gala dress, duchess of cambridge style