The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-13-2017, 08:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think she looks great, and I love the shorter hair. Very nice!

Old 07-13-2017, 09:19 PM
Majesty

not a fan either... :(
i guess there's nothing wrong with it, but it is just a bit boring.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-13-2017, 09:23 PM
Serene Highness

Catherine looked absolutely stunning at the state dinner!!! I very much liked her look today especially the shoes .... outstanding.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:25 PM
Serene Highness

I like the dress and am still loving the shorter hair. She looks very summery.
Old 07-14-2017, 12:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Love the shorter and curvier hair. The dress and shoes look terrific, it just screams for a necklace and bracelets
Old 07-14-2017, 12:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I am in the minority because I like the simplicity and freshness of this look.
I also am in the minority here, I like this dress, now I see white yet some say blue, it is the style, simple, clean and fresh for an event. Yes it needs a brooch but I don't get the impression Catherine is into brooches. Ah, her hair, is gorgeous and I love the length on her, the curls make her look younger and pretty. This is a good look after last night, that I won't go there.
And most of all, see that smile and the way she is engaged with everyone, perfect.
Old 07-14-2017, 12:34 AM
Majesty

I actually quite like the look. It's simple and clean. Fresh change from her fussier lace looks.

Love the shoes, gives a pop of interest to the basic look.

And yes, the hair cut is such a great improvement.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:06 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

A powder blue dress by Preen by Thornton Bregazzi, very plain & boring, the top is like a t-shirt. I don't like the shoes but the most horrible is the hair, beauty pageant curls gone wrong what makes her look like a middle aged housewife.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...9977615371.jpg
Old 07-14-2017, 05:27 AM
Majesty

The blue dress is very elegant and beautiful. Love the style and color.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:31 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
A powder blue dress by Preen by Thornton Bregazzi, very plain & boring, the top is like a t-shirt. I don't like the shoes but the most horrible is the hair, beauty pageant curls gone wrong what makes her look like a middle aged housewife.
Kate shouldn't part her hair directly down the middle like that - it does nothing for her. She looks much better when her part is off-centre.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:19 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
She's really not competing with a reining monarch. Can you imagine if she'd of worn something similar in style or color to Letizia? The media would be chewing her up, not to mention the detractors.

I would love to see a good pic of her in the whole dress.

LaRae
Letizia is not a reigning monarch, but still you are right.

Kate's time will come, as Queen consort of the UK she will outshine everyone anyway.

It's amazing, I have friends in the US and the coverage of the State Visit over there is - even though there is only a blurry photo of Kate - all about Kate and wearing Diana's diadem.
For many people who are not exactly royal watchers there is only one monarchy, the Brits.
Old 07-14-2017, 07:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Letizia is not a reigning monarch, but still you are right.

Kate's time will come, as Queen consort of the UK she will outshine everyone anyway.

It's amazing, I have friends in the US and the coverage of the State Visit over there is - even though there is only a blurry photo of Kate - all about Kate and wearing Diana's diadem.
For many people who are not exactly royal watchers there is only one monarchy, the Brits.
Oh yes my mistake!

Very few folks here know or care anything much about any monarchy but of course due to history they will, at least in some point of their lives, heard of the Brits and there is almost no coverage of any other country's monarchy except maybe a blurb in passing when someone dies or marries. Maybe.

LaRae
Old 07-15-2017, 03:24 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Totally wrong outfit!

The dress is too pale, boring and looks like a t-shirt paired with a skirt.

The shoes are nice but not with this dress. The clutch was nice enough but the color was off. You had powder blue dress, purple/gold clutch and black shoes.

The hair looks great short but the curls didn't look good and the parting should stop, it simply doesn't flatter her in anyway.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:50 PM
Majesty

Duchess of Cambridge of the garden party tonight! The dress is from Polish designer
Gosia Baczynska

Beautiful!!

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t5...05579776_n.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...0317764300.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DE9VPnUUMAAB8MV?format=jpg
Old 07-17-2017, 03:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Well..it's different for sure..all the folks who say she's boring will have to review that somewhat.

I love the style of the dress but I'm not sure about the design ..the random black lines are just weird to me.

Love her jewelry and hair!

LaRae
Old 07-17-2017, 04:09 PM
Courtier

Well I wonder why some think she is boring, she can't be dressed to the nines all the time, as for this dress......from the top to the waist a great dress on her, now the bottom.....what is that going on there? Those black lines sticking out and the way the fabric is sticking out.....not liking this one bit. Different yes and I think an acquired taste.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Adore the jewels, and love the hair pulled back.

I like the dress on, because it's different and the colours do suit Catherine.

I just don't think I like the dress itself. The structure across the top of the dress is too pointy for me, it extenuates the wrong part of her body.
Heir Apparent

I like the dress, and it was gracious of her to wear something by a Polish designer.
Heir Apparent

I rarely think she's is boring in her clothes...she's found a style that suits her and sticks with it just like almost every woman I know in real life.

Different...I was trying to be nice <G> I am generally not fond of any of the so called 'fashion forward' things.

LaRae
Old 07-17-2017, 04:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Duchess of Cambridge of the garden party tonight! The dress is from Polish designer
Gosia Baczynska

Beautiful!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DE9UCU5XYAEGc6Z?format=jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...0317764300.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DE9VPnUUMAAB8MV?format=jpg
I agree! It's very unusual but it's a beautiful summer dress and I love it.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968

Tags
duchess of cambridge cocktail dresses, duchess of cambridge evening wear, duchess of cambridge eveningwear, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge gala dress, duchess of cambridge style