The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-13-2017, 02:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Okay, I just saw a much clearer and better photo of Kate's pink lace evening gown and....I love it. I mean I really love it. It would only work on a tall slender woman like the DoC and she looks absolutely beautiful.

So can I change my vote or is it too late??
Can I ask where you saw it, please? I'd really like to see a clear picture.

Old 07-13-2017, 03:38 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Catherine at the NHM this evening for the unveiling of Hope.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEo5Jm-XUAEX0fA.jpg

Old 07-13-2017, 03:59 PM
Royal Highness

There is a long history between Marchesa, Harvey Weinstein and the casting couch. Therefore this dress still gets a big no for me.

Her dress and shoes are much nicer tonight but I still think she should try a long lob with straight hair.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:07 PM
Administrator

Here are two slightly better views on today's look:

** Full view ** Full view 2 **
Old 07-13-2017, 04:35 PM
Courtier

I usually love the way she dresses, but I'm not sure if it's the hair, her dress itself. or the shoes with the dress...something is off to me and the look is not on point like it usually is.
I love the shoes, I like the dress, and her hair is just ok to me. hmmmm...I don't know. for some reason, she is just not that "polished" looking to me. She usually has the "simple, elegant look to her. But it seems like she might be going for a "trendy" look??
Old 07-13-2017, 04:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa View Post
I usually love the way she dresses, but I'm not sure if it's the hair, her dress itself. or the shoes with the dress...something is off to me and the look is not on point like it usually is.
I love the shoes, I like the dress, and her hair is just ok to me. hmmmm...I don't know. for some reason, she is just not that "polished" looking to me. She usually has the "simple, elegant look to her. But it seems like she might be going for a "trendy" look??
The hair and dress and gold earrings are all lovely. The shoes, however, have odd spacing between the straps. The top strap seems too high ... something there is throwing off the proportions of shoes-leg-dress-hair we're used to with her day looks.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:44 PM
Aristocracy

I usually love the Duchess' outfits, but this is a huge miss for me.
I just don't understand the combination of two shades of purple in the shoes and the bag, the blue dress and the golden earrings. The dress is okay, the earings are okay, but the shoes and the bag are not good with this outfit. Pearls and ivory accessories would have made it way more sophisticated and elegant in my opinion. Usually I'm totally in for some nice colored accessories, but this is a missmatch and not half as good as her usual style. I don't know what happened here, after her stunning appereance last night.
I'm still mourning her hair. I absolutely do not understand why she decided to cut it like this. It makes her look so old! I loved the curls and the long hair.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the shoes and the hair, everything in between is a miss for me. The dress is plain and quite boring.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Not a fan of this outfit and the shoes in particular stand out but not in a good way,she normally dresses so well but I guess it was an off day.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:17 PM
Aristocracy

This look is a huge miss.
I don't like anything about her today, the dress is boring. The shoes arent great. The hair is horrible and the clutch isn't matching the rest of the outfit.

It seems like she's worn random items, not put together like she usually is.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am in the minority because I like the simplicity and freshness of this look.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Here are two slightly better views on today's look:

** Full view ** Full view 2 **
I regress. This outfit is vanilla, beige, bland, basic. I could give a few more definitions but I'll stick with these.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I like it too. Simple dress with unexpected fun shoes. Her hair looks so lush and healthy curled like that. The only nit pick I have is different jewelry.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Baaahaaa Moonmaiden.. come over to the dark side!!!!!

Where's the link to the clearer pic??? I know the instant I saw the upper part I just knew I loved it! Love the softness and romantic element from the sleeves.

LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Catherine at the NHM this evening for the unveiling of Hope.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEo5Jm-XUAEX0fA.jpg
Oh that's cute and look at her shoes!!

LaRae

Quote:
Yes...a nod to the retro too. I am not a fan of white usually, but she looks great in this. If Charlene was in it people would be going on and on about how chic it was...(where is my eye rolling icon)...

LaRae
Old 07-13-2017, 05:48 PM
Nobility

The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 8: March 2017 -

Quote:

So do I. The shoes are a good balance to the simple dress. Love her hair too.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyT View Post
I like it too. Simple dress with unexpected fun shoes. Her hair looks so lush and healthy curled like that. The only nit pick I have is different jewelry.

That is what I think as well.
The dress is pretty but needs a necklace or pin.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

The reports are saying the dress is pale blue. Hard to tell from the photos but In which case, I think the purple accessories would work well.
Old 07-13-2017, 07:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The reports are saying the dress is pale blue. Hard to tell from the photos but In which case, I think the purple accessories would work well.

I wonder if she was trying to compliment the "Hope" display in blue and purples. she looked lovely but i thought a little under accessorized (but maybe she felt she had run the table the night before on jewelry and would just go simple )
Old 07-13-2017, 07:22 PM
Nobility

I like her shoes & clutch, but the dress needs a necklace or brooch.

For those who do not like her shorter hair, IMO it is due to extensions being taken out, so if she decides she doesn't like this length they can always be put back in.
Old 07-13-2017, 07:26 PM
Royal Highness

That wonderful necklace filled in her v neckline so prettily!

Abraham Lincoln

Tags
duchess of cambridge cocktail dresses, duchess of cambridge evening wear, duchess of cambridge eveningwear, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge gala dress, duchess of cambridge style