The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-04-2017, 05:10 PM
Majesty

It is a very lovely dress. beautiful color

Old 04-04-2017, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Great dress and colour on the Duchess ,can't really make out her earrings with her hair down,would prefer it up.

Old 04-04-2017, 10:07 PM
Majesty

wow - that dress is a delight! looks fab on kate.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-04-2017, 10:18 PM
Heir Apparent

She looks amazing! Great outfit!
Old 04-04-2017, 10:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Great dress, red is her color. Fun earrings
Old 04-05-2017, 02:23 AM
Nobility

I really like this red full-skirted Marchesa dress. Love its eye-catching color, its chic and has lovely vintage vibe. Very beautiful dress. Great find!
But this dress requires updo or her hair should have been styled away from her shoulders (now her curls were distractingly on her shoulders and hiding upper part of her dress and her earrings).
And I don't think her makeup is working for her because it aging her -- dark eye liner and shadows look too severe on her skin, it makes her eyes look smaller and she looks older. I wish she would go for something fresh and flattering for a change.
Old 04-05-2017, 02:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I am not so over the moon with the dress, it's something different, colour is great, what I don't like is the hair all over the place and that EVERYTHING is maroon, maybe clutch and shoes should have been black to break up this massive maroon appearance.
I like the earrings but they would have deserved hair up.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I am not so over the moon with the dress, it's something different, colour is great, what I don't like is the hair all over the place and that EVERYTHING is maroon, maybe clutch and shoes should have been black to break up this massive maroon appearance.
I like the earrings but they would have deserved hair up.
On the other hand, I think it all works well. I am not a fan of the earrings so am happy to have them hidden. But I accept your broader point, if you wear statement earrings, the hair has to be out of the way so they can be seen.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:12 PM
Majesty

The red dress is beautiful. It's elegant and a great color.
Old 04-09-2017, 01:22 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The Marchesa dress was a nice dress, nice fit and a great color of Catherine but the rest was a total miss and messy. The hair shouldve been pulled all up, the earrings i red, long and childish IMO, nothing pretty about them. She should've worn nice studs. The clutch and heels in maroon, boring! They should've been in black.

The whole look was too maroon, couldn't get a clear view of her earrings with the open hair.

It's a pity because Catherine has the nice outfits and sometimes it's just ruined with the easiest things like hair and accessories.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:01 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
The Marchesa dress was a nice dress, nice fit and a great color of Catherine but the rest was a total miss and messy. The hair shouldve been pulled all up, the earrings i red, long and childish IMO, nothing pretty about them. She should've worn nice studs. The clutch and heels in maroon, boring! They should've been in black.

The whole look was too maroon, couldn't get a clear view of her earrings with the open hair.

It's a pity because Catherine has the nice outfits and sometimes it's just ruined with the easiest things like hair and accessories.
Personally, I like the matchy-matchy look occasionally when you are a Princess. So the dress, shoes and bag are okay. I am not a fan of the earrings, but if she had to wear them, then she should have styled her hair differently so that they were visible.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:59 PM
Serene Highness

As someone with long hair, I often wear my hair long with earrings that dangle to give a glimpse and whisper of color or sparkle as you walk. I don't think all earrings are meant to be 'Seen'. Personally these are earrings I would own and I def would not put may hair up or pulled back to show them off - I would just use as a color accent and let the dress shine on it own.
Disclaimer: royal jewels are meant to me seen
Old 04-09-2017, 01:20 PM
Nobility

Don't like the choice of earrings with that dress. The dress is busy enough as it is, and I would have preferred (as if she cares what I prefer LOL) to see simple but striking jewelry. Are there any nice ruby earrings in the vault?
Old 07-12-2017, 03:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Duchess' dress is by Marchesa this evening. Pics to follow!

Pink Dress - 99% sure it's new.

UPDATE: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEjxa5yWAAIwpcn.jpg

Top part.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:45 PM
Serene Highness

She certainly looks stunning from the waist up. That necklace!! I hope we get more pictures of her.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Was her neighbour the Archbishop of Canterbury ?
Old 07-12-2017, 06:02 PM
Nobility

From the waist up, she's stunning. Lovely shade of pink. Beautiful necklace.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:16 PM
Royal Highness

I hate Marchesa. Don't think Royals should associate with this brand.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:18 PM
Majesty

the dress is stunning so far and works extremely well to show off that gorgeous necklace. apparently the sleeves are bell sleeves. maybe it is a custom creation for kate?

i am guessing it is this dress made in custom with a long skirt and in pink:

http://www.marchesa.com/wp-content/u...06/LOOK-25.jpg
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-12-2017, 07:40 PM
Nobility

The dress is pink/blush, but it has a wedding gown feel to it. The cleavage for a state banquet? The plunging neckline is what a Hollywood actress would go for, not a future queen. And for such a statement necklace, a streamline gown would have worked in a bold color if Kate didn't want to copy Letizia's red.

Tags
duchess of cambridge cocktail dresses, duchess of cambridge evening wear, duchess of cambridge eveningwear, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge gala dress, duchess of cambridge style