The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-20-2017, 06:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Iam not crazy about this dress but she looks ok, she has the same shoes in black! I do not know from which designer are her shoes but I really like them

Old 07-20-2017, 06:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

I always liked Catherine's style, and this trip proves once again my liking for her fashion (I would love to own some of her clothes), HOWEVER, one thing that I always disliked was her choice of shoes. Now that's one ugly pair she's got! I wish she had more taste when it comes to shoes, this trip it was mostly cream color, quite boring...

Old 07-20-2017, 06:53 PM
Majesty

I have to agree! I think she bought a job lot of these particular wavy style sandals in different heights and colours and none of them flatters her.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

William can't dress, it's sad but true. His father and brother have much better style so I have no idea where he gets his drab taste from.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-20-2017, 08:36 PM
Nobility

I like the style of the dress, the belt, the shoes, and the bracelet. The center part in her hair looks awful.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Dislike this dress too. It just looks like too little fabric. Only she, with her super slim figure, could wear such a straight dress and look nice with the belt on it. Anyone else would look like a sausage. I like the shoes, but the heels are way too high affecting her posture adversely
Old 07-20-2017, 10:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
William can't dress, it's sad but true. His father and brother have much better style so I have no idea where he gets his drab taste from.
Absolutely agree! William needs a stylist desperately!

I like Catherine's dress, and the shoes - if they were in black. I also think she needs her heels to be a bit lower - she clearly struggles with very high heels as her posture is dreadful!
Old 07-20-2017, 10:29 PM
Heir Apparent

I actually really like this dark green patterned dress. It suits her and I like the silver belt. Not crazy about the shoe ..but I prefer this to the red boho type dress. I like the pearl bracelet too!

LaRae
Old 07-20-2017, 10:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh I don't think William cares a bit about what folks think about his clothing...he strikes me as that sort of personality <G>

LaRae
Old 07-21-2017, 01:09 AM
Serene Highness

I think the dress is beautiful but you really do need to be tall with long legs and just the right kind of slim to have any hope of looking good in it. I think Kate pulls it off and the more pictures I've seen the more I've liked it.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:50 AM
Nobility

Lovely dress and those sexy high heeled sandals were nice find. I like that she wore the belt to accentuate her slim waist.
I think Catherine looked tons better in this dress than the model showing this dress:
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-kFtYbsn_m...s1600/mlup.jpg
Old 07-21-2017, 02:47 AM
Majesty

I usually look forward to her tours. One time I usually find myself excited. But this one has been a mix of meh and disappointing.

While this is better then the red, that isn't saying much. It's blah, not the most flattering length wise. Bit dark and gloomy. And I hate the shoes.

As bizarre as the black lines on her white dress were, if I had to vote for best look of tour (day or night) it would win. Only overly interesting.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:06 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
Not a good look IMO, dark and downy. This dress is to dark for her, all I see is a mass of dark fabric and those shoes are horrible, are they really shoes to begin with? Do not like the print of the fabric nor the color, yet the style would be nice in a different fabric.

William, now is that jacket made out of linen? I looked closely at the pictures and could not decided if it was linen or something else. The color is nice on him as always and the pattern in the fabric is very nice, so does anyone know the designer of this jacket that could help tell us what it is made of. Maybe the valet if there is one could of had it pressed before hand...that would of helped with the wrinkles.
The problem with linen jackets is that they do crease shortly after you wear them, valet or no valet. I dont think a slightly creased jacket is the end of the world at all!
Old 07-21-2017, 03:10 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
Absolutely agree! William needs a stylist desperately!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Oh I don't think William cares a bit about what folks think about his clothing...he strikes me as that sort of personality <G>

LaRae
Actually William is dressed in the classic, slightly on-trend way a British gentleman would do smart casual.

I recognize that sartorial tastes and preferences vary considerably across the world, and especially between Europe and the US, but from a UK perspective, William was dressed just fine.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:15 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I'm from the UK and for me he wasn't dressed fine. His clothes are mis-matched darker shades. He looks like he got dressed in the dark. He needs to get someone to create him some complete outfits, not just pick as he goes.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:11 AM
Aristocracy

I feel like I should like this green print dress but I just don't. I think it's the high neck, sleeveless, slim line look combo. Something about the top part of it. Nice belt.
Old 07-21-2017, 05:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-Anne View Post
Lovely dress and those sexy high heeled sandals were nice find. I like that she wore the belt to accentuate her slim waist.
I think Catherine looked tons better in this dress than the model showing this dress:
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-kFtYbsn_m...s1600/mlup.jpg
Good gracious you are right. That model looks like a JC Penny catalogue would reject her. And if you want to talk about bad posture just look at this chick.

As for William's style, I think it is too late for him. He is too set in his bad taste ways and if the genes of Diana and Charles plus the influence of Harry and Kate can't help him then nothing can.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-21-2017, 11:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
If only William had some shoes like the ones this gentleman is wearing:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFMyxB6U0AESMcY?format=jpg

Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-24-2017, 06:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
I love the colors but not the print. She wore great shoes but it's an awful dress.
Old 07-30-2017, 01:58 PM
Majesty

Duchess of Cambridge at tonight's Battle of Passchendaele events.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...1438828612.jpg

Tags
duchess of cambridge cocktail dresses, duchess of cambridge evening wear, duchess of cambridge eveningwear, duchess of cambridge fashion, duchess of cambridge gala dress, duchess of cambridge style