The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 8: March 2017 - November 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lee McQueen will be positively REVOLVING in his Grave, having had his name attached to so conventional a gown !
I loathe 'shiny, shiny' fabric, but admit that it does flatter the Duchess' sensational figure...
Right you are!!!!

Last edited:
I am in the (slightly growing) minority... but I LOVE ❤️ this dress. I think the color is beautiful and the dress is stunning - especially the neckline and the bodice. Admittedly the sweeping trumpet skirt is a bit "dramatic"... except this is a state dinner - so bring on the excess ... it is Queen Maxima after all.

Love the jewels!! Love the RFO!!! Kate has a presence - I feel as though the last state dinners she shyly attended (as Kate does, she cautiously observes) - and tonight she arrived.

Well done Duchess!:queen4:

This dress is terrible. Everything else is great, but mermaid styles always make me think the wearer is going to have to take itty bitty steps to get around. And the ruching. Eeep!

The only thing good about it is the color. Also, Theresa May forgot her Spanx.

I really don't like the dress, it looks cheap, and the material is a big no to me. Her worst dress so far. But I love the jewelry for tonight.

I love this dress on her---she has the figure and height to pull it off and the neckline really shows off that incredible necklace.

oh.....and the Order, too!?

Kate stepping away from the expected---I like this a lot.

I can’t decide if the gown is more Crystal or Alexis... (Carrington). They did remake Dynasty so perhaps these dresses are making a comeback. Not to my current taste but the Duchess is a lovely woman no matter the dress.

Well, at least Kate's dress inspires strong opinions!

I like the color, I think I like the bodice. I'm not sure of the bottom half, the mermaid style is not a favorite of mine. I want to see a close picture of the jewelry.

She seems to be experimenting a bit more now that she's back from her third maternity leave.

Last edited:
I really can't find anything wrong with this dress ! I think it's nice.

Wow - the 80's just called and they want that dress back! To do that dress justice requires lots and lots of blue eye-shadow and a serious perm! That dress reminds me of something out of Diana Ross' "Chain Reaction" film-clip!

That dress needs to put right at the back of her wardrobe to NEVER see the light of day again!

I dislike the dress but it looks better on Kate than it would on many others. It shows off her nice figure and I like the colour. Still, though, I would say this isn’t one to repeat.

On the upside, she’s very pretty and I’m loving the jewelry!

I like the colour but the design is a hot mess.

Total fail. Looks like a Dynasty throw back. Shiny tacky material. Bad design. :sad:

If anyone other then Kate was wearing it, would be hands down second worse dressed of the night for most people. But it's Kate so..........

The necklace and earrings are the only amazing thing

If anyone other then Kate was wearing it, would be hands down second worse dressed of the night for most people. But it's Kate so...
:lol: I take it you have not had time to read the previous comments on tonight's evening gown for Catherine.

Total fail. Looks like a Dynasty throw back. Shiny tacky material. Bad design. :sad:

If anyone other then Kate was wearing it, would be hands down second worse dressed of the night for most people. But it's Kate so..........

The necklace and earrings are the only amazing thing

Not sure what this even means. Most of the people who have commented on this gown, don’t like it.

Last edited:
I kind of like it which I feel like I shouldn’t. It’s got all the things I normally don’t like but for some reason it’s really pretty on her. Still one of my least favorites of her evening gowns, but she looks so pretty and the jewels are divine!!! So great that she got her order. Wish we had known sooner. Love that it’s glass instead of ivory...

LOL I think that makes 3 or 4 of us now!!!

LaRae

Maybe because I grew up in the 80's, I love this dress too.

I think this is more of what a traditional Princess or Duchess should be wearing.

Sometimes these royal clothes are designed to show off the jewellery and to suit the orders and medals and stars and stuff and that's why these royal clothes look a bit odd to us in the public. Yeah. The Duchess of Cambridge looked like a real royal lady.

I love the dress, how complex it is and how beautifully it fits. That is not simple ruching from the eighties, take a closer look. It shows off the jewels and her figure which is ultra trim

I find Catherine's entire look for the night to be utterly muddled. With what is essentially an 80's gown her hairstyle is very 20's although the placement of her tiara is perfect. The colour of the gown is beautiful but it somehow manages to be the ultimate bust minimiser (and what's with the rosette on the right mirroring the RFO). I dislike the nips and tucks all over the main body of the gown which would only work on a tall, slim woman because it looks bulky and then the pièce de résistance, the voluminous skirt, all in shiny taffeta. Calling Alexis . . . come and retrieve your gown.

https://www.pinterest.nz/pin/562809284658985857/

At first I thought the top of Kate's dress was interesting, then a full picture showed the bed skirt bottom. The dress is way too long. The folded business at the top looks bad when looked at more closely. It's a McQueen so it is grossly overpriced ugly. As usual her tiara hair looks like a bad wig from a B movie.

For those who mentioned Krystal or Alexis, I was actually thinking more Sable Colby with bad hair.

All I can say about Kate's dress is that um... it *is* getting close to Halloween. It reminds me of a princess costume dress. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom